Keegan. (How long will he last?)

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i hope he sees his contract out, and extends, I also have never doubted him an inch, anyone who wants to check back my posts, i was getting murdered at one point for supporting him.

He is a Class act, we will be looking at the top end of the table when he is around.

Seasons started with KK as manager, 1,3,6,2,2

No you weren't.

yes i was, as usual the truth hurts on here.

You really weren't.

oh no.....the mobs coming out

"The mob" :lol:

Give it a rest eh?

What i actually said, was i think we can go top 6, top four would be possible if one of the usual top 4 have a poor season.

Whats wrong with saying this, there are a few clubs who are looking for European football, and hoping that 1 of the usual top four slip back and leave the chance for another club to get in.

Ambitious ...yes very... but why the f-ck not eh... lifes just too short to waste looking at the middle of the table.

I think most people will disagree with you and say that is not possible just yet with the players and squad we have at present.

I'm not sure how that translates to those people 'murdering' you and therefore not supporting Keegan.

you are still confused with the difference between, what was said last week...what you are being defensive about, and what i was orignally talking about, which is what was said, the back end of last season.

your either confused, or trying to mislead other readers?

In reply to SG, I was initially a bit downhearted about it, thought the club had missed a chance to make a statement. I guess I thought Keegan might be a bit burnt-out or jaded. Now I'm happy as a pig in the proverbial he is back, if anything he is better than before because he has another 10 years of experience behind him (both football and general life), an older and wiser head if you like.

There is a reservation left, only one. He will be a bloody tough act to follow and the club will absolutely have to get that one right when the time comes. Personally I hope he signs contract extensions and is here for 10 years, then that problem will be a long way in the future.

Guest Howaythetoon

Forgetting the actual football for a moment which has improved results wise and aesthetically, the whole point of NUFC is now more enjoyable and comes with more feeling too with KK back. Before he arrived I held the team and several of the players in contempt and was finding it tougher to get motivated for the whole NUFC experience. I didn't know the owner nor trusted him, the team were playing awful and results were poor, some of our players just weren't performing and looked like they couldn't really care, and the manager who had been appointed to sort us out over the course of 3 years and not 21 games was the subject of massive discontent from the stands and on his way. I couldn't be arsed to go through the whole thing again under a new manager who looked like being the king of self PR Harry Redknapp, an average manager in the context of the Premier League who I just knew wouldn't last here, like many more being linked. I invest a lot of emotion into NUFC, too much probably, in terms of hope and optimism. There was fuck all of that left when Big Sam got the boot. KK's return lifted me massively though, here was a man I loved, respected and trusted 100% back at my club. It felt great and right and after the fanfare, I saw that we had appointed a very good manager. Great.

Since then my apathy has turned into excitement. My contempt of the team and certain players has disappeared. The football is better and with a purpose, the atmosphere around the club is totally different and KK seems wiser, more mature and more experienced, a better version of KK. Importantly though he hasn't changed underneath, he's still the same KK who speaks my and the club's language.

I'm fucking delighted and happy as punch. I struggled to sleep on Friday night and I can't wait until the next match. Every single day at work, wherever I am, people are talking about NUFC and KK.

A few people might have been missing at the match but trust me, no-one is hiding in Toon. KK has lit another spark.

I'm not one for replica shirts these days but I found myself in the club shop yesterday paying 40 quid for the excellent silver strip (should have been our away kit and arguably the best kit we've had in years), and the shop was full, this on a sunday. People were paying money to have King Kev 1 on the back of their shirts, from bairns to mothers to old gadgies.

I'm going to give the new owner and set up the benefit of doubt and look at them in positive eyes, so we now have the stadium, fans, set-up, manager and a cracking start to the new season. All we need now is the team and it appears to be getting there. KK will make sure the team gets there as he's a good manager, knows how to win games home and away and knows how to spot a player, as do Wise and co it seems (Jonas)

This is heaven compared to how I felt when Big Sam got booted.

Guest Howaythetoon

Regarding the silly question of how long will he last, KK will as he always has done, be the one that answers that himself. Fans will never turn and I can't see us doing poor enough for him to get the boot and even during poor results, I think such a decision would get the daggers out for Ashley and co from many, so it will be a case of KK himself deciding, like he did in 97 and at the end of his 2 year stint as a player, or his time at Man City and with England. Only time the decision really hasn't been his was at Fulham where fans up and down the country and all the papers were demanding he took over the England job which I don't think he fully wanted, not in the terms it came about anyway. While at Newcastle he took over the under 21s for a game or two and although he said he enjoyed it, he said managing day to day couldn't be beaten and he couldn't wait to get back to Toon.

Never in any doubt, people don't realise just how good a manager he is.

As a matter of interest, Peter Robinson , the former (very clever) Chief Exec at Liverpool said back in the late 70s that they had considered KK a very good managerial prospect for the future ; of course, once the Shankly dynasty went, that chain of thought was forgotten and KK was in Spain for 8 years until NUFC brought him back in 1992.

I think he will see out his 3 years UNLESS he becomes convinced that he cannot work with the managerial set-up re transfers etc, or that he will be too restricted by the budget targets etc ; he left in 1997 after being asked to commit himself to the new PLC regime which of course DOES impose budgets on transfers etc.

Also, he probably had doubts about the structure of the PLC Board and whether he could live with it.

role model see reply 142

Has this turned into one of those Role-playing adventure novels?

Ok *flicks to 142* "You are killed by a fire-breathing dragon."

Arse.

i reffered him to an earlier post, so i did not have to fill the screen with about 10 quotes, and counter quotes, the fact that such a simple reference upsets you, makes you a MASSIVE ARSE....(_o_)

role model see reply 142

Has this turned into one of those Role-playing adventure novels?

Ok *flicks to 142* "You are killed by a fire-breathing dragon."

Arse.

i reffered him to an earlier post, so i did not have to fill the screen with about 10 quotes, and counter quotes, the fact that such a simple reference upsets you, makes you a MASSIVE ARSE....(_o_)

We so need macros on the forum