Taye Taiwo

KaKa

Coubury, You've absolutely made my day!!!

Even when Sunderland were linked with him I was hoping it was a mixup and it was actually us after him as he ticks all the right boxes as far as our recent recruitment goes.

I like Enrique but he can probably afford to be brought along a bit slower. It will be a good competition between the two.

Taiwo is a physical specimen and bombs down that left side like a man posessed. His left foot is an absolute cannon as well.

Sunderland have no right to sign such a player. Lets hope he signs for us and joins his pal Martins.

Coloccini and Taiwo?! Plus Derdiyok?! I will be in 7th Heaven.

Jesus wept. :lol:

i like taiwo, not so sure how good he is defending but going forward he can be lethal and is very strong at set-pieces. think he withdrew from the nigerian olympic squad a couple of days ago so maybe that is related.

If our squad were automobiles, we would have a Rolls Royce defence, a Jaguar up front (nice, expensive car if it wasn't constantly breaking down), and a 1985 Nissan Maxima with 50k miles and no re sale value in midfield.   Watching Taiwo, Coloccini and Beye clean up the messes made by Butt, Milner & Geremi will be good entertainment value at least.

If our squad were automobiles, we would have a Rolls Royce defence, a Jaguar up front (nice, expensive car if it wasn't constantly breaking down), and a 1985 Nissan Maxima with 50k miles and no re sale value in midfield.  

Does the maxima come with AC and central locking ?

If our squad were automobiles, we would have a Rolls Royce defence, a Jaguar up front (nice, expensive car if it wasn't constantly breaking down), and a 1985 Nissan Maxima with 50k miles and no re sale value in midfield.  

Does the maxima come with AC and central locking ?

In this finely crafted metaphor, Emre represented the automatic windows, ac, power windows, stereo and other optional extras.  So no. 

We're one left-back away from having a complete defense, for a good while too. But at that price, is it really necassary - if true of course (which is highly doubtful in all fairness)? That'll have been about £20m on defensive rectruitment this summer when it was arguably our strongest position in May.

We're one left-back away from having a complete defense, for a good while too. But at that price, is it really necassary - if true of course (which is highly doubtful in all fairness)? That'll have been about £20m on defensive rectruitment this summer when it was arguably our strongest position in May.

I see what you're saying but long-term it can only be a good thing to have the defense sorted for the next few years, leaving us free to build upon our strong foundation in years to come. Assuming we got Taiwo and then he and Coloccini actually work out, of course.

Even when Sunderland were linked with him I was hoping it was a mixup and it was actually us after him as he ticks all the right boxes as far as our recent recruitment goes.

I like Enrique but he can probably afford to be brought along a bit slower. It will be a good competition between the two.

Taiwo is a physical specimen and bombs down that left side like a man posessed. His left foot is an absolute cannon as well.

Sunderland have no right to sign such a player. Lets hope he signs for us and joins his pal Martins.

I've watched this guy for a good whil, ever since he was a youngster coming up through the Nigeria youth teams. He could be very special under someone like Keegan, who will encourage his natural instincts going forward.

He is a very committed player and is a pleasure to watch play the game. 100% always.

He isn't perfect but he will definitely grow and improve as he puts in the work.

Forgive my excitement. Having just re-read my post, it is fair to say I am somewhat embarrassed.

:lol:

I've watched this guy for a good whil, ever since he was a youngster coming up through the Nigeria youth teams. He could be very special under someone like Keegan, who will encourage his natural instincts going forward.

He is a very committed player and is a pleasure to watch play the game. 100% always.

He isn't perfect but he will definitely grow and improve as he puts in the work.

Forgive my excitement. Having just re-read my post, it is fair to say I am somewhat embarrassed.

:lol:

Sure you haven't contracted the same virus as Rooney?