RW:Milner,Jonas,Duff

LW:N'Zogbia,Jonas,Duff

CM:Barton,Butt,Guthrie,Geremi, *NEW CM*

ST:Owen,Martins,Viduka,Smith,*NEW ST*

Harper

Beye -- Coloccini -- Faye -- Enrique

Jonas -- Barton -- Guthrie -- N'Zogbia

Martins -- Owen

... does look like a very decent team, but as people are saying, it lacks a good centre-midfielder. That defense is top notch as far as i'm concerned, i think all four of those players are either very good already or have the potential to be (in Enrique's case, who is pretty good atm anyhow). The wing options are good too, providing Keegan can maintain N'Zogbia's comfortable frame of mind. Upfront is a bit of a quesiton mark, but so long as no one buys Smith or Shola, we'll have to accept that we're not going to get a striker.

Centre-mid is the only priority open to us for first team duties imo. Wing-back cover would be good, as would another striker - but there's a wage bill to contend with and six/seven strikers in the squad doesn't bode well with the financial guys.

i'm delighted this one looks like it is going through. when Keegan was announced in Jan and we were speculating about who he'd go for, i suggested Coloccini as the perfect centre-half for a keegan team and someone who we'd be able to attract. like kingdawson, if i had the pick of any centre-half in the world who we could reasonably buy, he'd probably be my first choice. good on the ball, big aerial presence, physical presence, a tough tackler. top top class.

i've been skeptical about ashley and co going that final extra mile when it comes to closing big deals and i was worried we'd either act tough and wait it out till august 31st or just pull out of negotiations altogether, but it seems they've done the right thing this time. hopefully theyve learned from the Modric failure and will go out and add another 2 or 3 players of Coloccini's calibre further up the pitch.

the rumours about Faye leaving i take with a pinch of salt. though at the end of last season during our good spell, i did notice Faye struggled with his distribution and ball control and since Keegan puts emphasis on playing it out from the back, maybe he doesnt rate him as high as some of us do.

Guest kingdawson

This is the one time i've really wanted us to snatch a player from you (modric was unexpected). I'm very pissed off that you're getting him. Brilliant signing.

It's worth the money just for that. ;)

Honestly though mate, he's been one of my favourite non spurs players for a while now. I've seen more than enough of him to comfortably say that he'll be a massive success in this league. He has absolutly no faults (except maybe that he's not exactly fast, but fast enough). His reading of the game is immense. No doubts he'll be a future captain at Newcastle.

The only other non spurs players in world football i like as much as Coloccini are Goran Pandev from Lazio and Angelo Palombo from Samp. Both will tear this league apart if given the chance

Good to hear :)

Not really as it's from kingdawson. ;)

My stamp of approval  is basically all you need.

now i believe:         

COLOCCINI WILL GO TO NEWCASTLE

02 Aug 2008 -- Newcastle United and Deportivo have been negotiating face to face the transfer of Fabricio Coloccini since Thursday’s evening, and on Friday both clubs agreed the terms of the operation although no official confirmation has been made. It seems that Depor will receive €11.5 million plus €2.5 for further achievements.

Depor Sport informed on its Friday’s edition that Lendoiro and an official from Newcatle United were negotiation the operation since Thursday’s evening. On Friday’s night reporter Gonzalo Soto from Radio Galega informed the operation was already completed. In the beginning the Magpies were offering €10 million, while Depor’s president was asking for €12 million.

In the end the operation was closed in €11.5 million. Deportivo could receive an extra income of €2.5 millions, amount that will depend of Newcastle’s results and the individual performance of the player. Gonzalo Soto also reported the terms of the payment: €6 million in cash and €5.5 million to be paid in one year. The 15% of the transfer that corresponds to the player and his agent will be paid by the English club, meaning the net income for Depor is €11.5 million.

According to the report built up by Radio Galega, the Galician club is just waiting for a confirmation coming from Newcastle in order to officially announce the operation. In England is even rumoured the Argentinean defender will travel on Monday in order to pass the medicals with his new club.

So he could end up costing us just under €16 million in total?

This is the one time i've really wanted us to snatch a player from you (modric was unexpected). I'm very pissed off that you're getting him. Brilliant signing.

It's worth the money just for that. ;)

Honestly though mate, he's been one of my favourite non spurs players for a while now. I've seen more than enough of him to comfortably say that he'll be a massive success in this league. He has absolutly no faults (except maybe that he's not exactly fast, but fast enough). His reading of the game is immense. No doubts he'll be a future captain at Newcastle.

The only other non spurs players in world football i like as much as Coloccini are Goran Pandev from Lazio and Angelo Palombo from Samp. Both will tear this league apart if given the chance

Good to hear :)

Not really as it's from kingdawson. ;)

My stamp of approval  is basically all you need.

You know I'm only jostling mate.

now i believe:         

02 Aug 2008 -- Newcastle United and Deportivo have been negotiating face to face the transfer of Fabricio Coloccini since Thursday’s evening, and on Friday both clubs agreed the terms of the operation although no official confirmation has been made. It seems that Depor will receive €11.5 million plus €2.5 for further achievements.

Depor Sport informed on its Friday’s edition that Lendoiro and an official from Newcatle United were negotiation the operation since Thursday’s evening. On Friday’s night reporter Gonzalo Soto from Radio Galega informed the operation was already completed. In the beginning the Magpies were offering €10 million, while Depor’s president was asking for €12 million.

In the end the operation was closed in €11.5 million. Deportivo could receive an extra income of €2.5 millions, amount that will depend of Newcastle’s results and the individual performance of the player. Gonzalo Soto also reported the terms of the payment: €6 million in cash and €5.5 million to be paid in one year. The 15% of the transfer that corresponds to the player and his agent will be paid by the English club, meaning the net income for Depor is €11.5 million.

According to the report built up by Radio Galega, the Galician club is just waiting for a confirmation coming from Newcastle in order to officially announce the operation. In England is even rumoured the Argentinean defender will travel on Monday in order to pass the medicals with his new club.

€14m i think. imagine the add-ons will be tied into the usual ie makes 20 international appearances, plays 50 games for us, we win something, get into europe etc

now i believe:         

€14m i think. imagine the add-ons will be tied into the usual ie makes 20 international appearances, plays 50 games for us, we win something, get into europe etc

I was including the 15% towards his agent that we're paying so Deportivo can get the whole fee.