David Healy

Guest BooBoo

I think Andy Johnson's rubbish, and Fulham have paid ridiculous money for him - just as Everton did.

Well, the go ahead progressive club Everton, with a good board and a progressive manager, are about to replace him with 2m quid or so Alan Smith ?

mackems.gif

"good business"

AJ went for stupid money imo, wouldn't pay more than about £4m for him. That sale was a great bit of business for Everton, but if they replace him with Smithy then they've fucked up as far as I'm concerned.

thats your opinion. Its not the opinion of Roy Hodsgon. Thats the point, and the club have backed their manager to get a player he wants

Replacing him with a player for that amount of money, well, some people have wished we were like Everton [fukc knows why] but they may be about to have their wish. Time will tell.

It is my opinion, I agree, but I'm not sure that is the point, given that we didn't want him. It's probablyt a good signing for Fulham though, given that I didn't expect them to sign a player of his stature. In the very recent past I can see why people would have wanted us to be like Everton (purely because they've been much better than us for the last two years) but this transfer window we seem to have been more ambitious than them and improved the squad more (disclaimer: this assumes the transfer of Coloccini goes through).

I think Andy Johnson's rubbish, and Fulham have paid ridiculous money for him - just as Everton did.

Well, the go ahead progressive club Everton, with a good board and a progressive manager, are about to replace him with 2m quid or so Alan Smith ?

mackems.gif

"good business"

AJ went for stupid money imo, wouldn't pay more than about £4m for him. That sale was a great bit of business for Everton, but if they replace him with Smithy then they've fucked up as far as I'm concerned.

thats your opinion. Its not the opinion of Roy Hodsgon. Thats the point, and the club have backed their manager to get a player he wants

Replacing him with a player for that amount of money, well, some people have wished we were like Everton [fukc knows why] but they may be about to have their wish. Time will tell.

It is my opinion, I agree, but I'm not sure that is the point, given that we didn't want him. It's probablyt a good signing for Fulham though, given that I didn't expect them to sign a player of his stature. In the very recent past I can see why people would have wanted us to be like Everton (purely because they've been much better than us for the last two years) but this transfer window we seem to have been more ambitious than them and improved the squad more (disclaimer: this assumes the transfer of Coloccini goes through).

My point is that they are backing their manager mate. The 2nd point is that they have actually shelled out big money, for them, and we should be doing a lot better in this respect than clubs like Fulham.

mackems.gif

"good business"

My point is that they are backing their manager mate. The 2nd point is that they have actually shelled out big money, for them, and we should be doing a lot better in this respect than clubs like Fulham.

We're spending over £10m on a CB...

So why do you think Andy Johnson is a good player? I'm not seeing your reasoning.

thats not for you or me to to say how good a player he is or how Fulhams manager judges him, I'm talking about a principle, which is explained in my reply to MOwen in the other thread . I don't think you will understand the principle because you are too inexperienced in judging football boards etc, like a lot of people.

Now, as you are harping on about people being childish, how about restoring the posts that were childish deleted by Andy, regarding someone editing peoples posts which you agree with as you agree with his view, and answering them as they were directed at you by me ?

I want to talk football. What makes Andy Johnson a good player?

He is fast which detracts from his rubbish play. He is a convincing diver and wins lots of penalties. He is good at scoring penalties.

<snipped before to not create a huge pyramid>

They have backed their manager I agree, but personally I'd be gutted if we'd spent that much on AJ. However if the rumoured fee for Coloccini is true (£10.3m I read...could vary elsewhere) he'd be our 4th most expensive signing ever by my reckoning, seems like a decent effort. If we get him in we'll be a class CM and a good 4th choice striker (better than Smith or Shola) away from looking very decent imo.

edit: put in NE5's quote just so it was clear what I was replying to.

mackems.gif

"good business"

We're spending over £10m on a CB you fucking retard.

aye, we're on a par with Fulham. You do realise swearing is frowned on, but it'll be OK because Dave agrees with you  :nope:

Jesus wept, change the mothefucking record. Another thread in tatters, my social life is on the mill stone as it is I don't need this shit boring me to death to top the whole thing off.

I'm off to whinge about imminent signing of Coloccini.

By the way, on topic, I'd be hugely underwhelmed and generally disappointed with the signing of Healy as a Smith replacement; I haven't been impressed by what I've seen of him in this league.

By the way, on topic, I'd be hugely underwhelmed and generally disappointed with the signing of Healy as a Smith replacement; I haven't been impressed by what I've seen of him in this league.

Mear quibbles such as your opinion on this topic are irrelevant.  The quote loving question avoiding machine is already in full flow and he can't be stopped.

I didn't delete any posts NE5, feel free to direct your queries at the person who did. It's nothing to do with this thread.

So, Andy Johnson. What are his stand-out attributes in your view?

Mear quibbles such as your opinion on this topic are irrelevant.  The quote loving question avoiding machine is already in full flow and he can't be stopped.

Oh yes he can...

My opinion on Healy, for what it's worth, is that he'd score more goals than Smith... In fact, that's not an opinion at all, it's a statistical probability. As such he'd make for a decent back-up striker.

I didn't delete any posts NE5, feel free to direct your queries at the person who did. It's nothing to do with this thread.

So, Andy Johnson. What are his stand-out attributes in your view?

His hard work and determination, qualties shared by smith :(

Has looked pretty class whenever I've seen him for NI. Haven't really seen him at Fulham much.

Hes super for Northern Ireland

Im biased tho as im from NI

But id like to see him in a decent team getting decent service

So, can't be us then... :-)

Johnson's main attribute is how he speculates, he'll always make the right run into the box off the ball in case the right supply comes in, and he'll try to beat his man in the penalty area/around the box to win a penalty if there are no non-conservative passing options.

Owen already does that though, and is a better all round player, so we didn't need him.

Besides, Johnson wanted to go back to London for personal reasons.

Johnson's main attribute is how he speculates, he'll always make the right run into the box off the ball in case the right supply comes in, and he'll try to beat his man in the penalty area/around the box to win a penalty if there are no non-conservative passing options.

Owen already does that though, and is a better all round player, so we didn't need him.

Besides, Johnson wanted to go back to London for personal reasons.

I'm sure if he'd tried hard enough then Keegan could have convinced him Newcastle was closer to London than Fulham.

Healy would be a stop gap signing at best, like Sibierski, assuming these rumours are true. At least he' scored some important goals for his country which shows he's got bottle if nothing else.

The bottom line for me is I have no objection to this as long as he's not the ONLY striker we sign in this window.

Signing Healy would be an absolute joke! If this did happen then it would make a mockery of Keegan going on about not signing players for the sake of it becasue that's what Healy would be! Not worth saying anymore until something happens but I'd rather keep Smith and Ameobi!