Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

As I said in the other thread - he needs to be taught how to play as a lone striker as he wandered off far too much. Didn't think he deserved man of the match either - a decent performance, some woeful attemps at headers and a lot of poor positional play but worked hard and looked eager. 7 out of 10.

Was great tonight, won mst things in the air, held it up well, brought others into play, did not waste possesion, played very well with his back to goal.

Maybe needs to have the bottle to have a dig but 18 and thrown in at the dep end VERY VERY WELL DONE NILE!!

Didn't think he was as fantastic as is the general consensus on here but he did impress, particularly in the second half when he had the confidence to run with the ball. Like Carroll, he needs to shoot more often, the quicker that first goal comes the better.

Didn't think he was as fantastic as is the general consensus on here but he did impress, particularly in the second half when he had the confidence to run with the ball. Like Carroll, he needs to shoot more often, the quicker that first goal comes the better.

GET THE FUCK OUT

Nah, in all honesty I think he did deserve the MOTM award. He was good, probably an 7.5 or 8 out of ten. Seen a few 10/10's in the match thread ffs :lol:

GET THE FUCK OUT

Nah, in all honesty I think he did deserve the MOTM award. He was good, probably an 7.5 or 8 out of ten. Seen a few 10/10's in the match thread ffs :lol:

MOTM is arguably fair enough but I don't think there were many other contenders tbf, we were a bit hit and miss all over. Much better than against Wednesday though.

GET THE FUCK OUT

MOTM is arguably fair enough but I don't think there were many other contenders tbf, we were a bit hit and miss all over. Much better than against Wednesday though.

Yeah, I agree. There wasn't really anyone else in the running for the man of the match award, was there? Next for me would have been probably Smith and then Steve Harper.

GET THE FUCK OUT

Yeah, I agree. There wasn't really anyone else in the running for the man of the match award, was there? Next for me would have been probably Smith and then Steve Harper.

I think Danny Simpson and Steven Taylor did very well too. Made it look very easy, kudos especially to Simpson considering he's not a centre half.

Did ok. He seems talented enough to do a job as back up. Still worry that we expect too much though as seen this happen so often. From my time seeing Pat Howard at centre half onwards we seem I seem to have been clinging to those who might do well. Good luck to the lad, but fairly certain if Shola had put in a similar shift he would have been hammered by the bairns on here

Just watched the full 90 again, both sky comentators fkn loved Nile, raved about him and righly so.

We say shoot more but nailed on before KO Hughton to Nile "Right Nile just get it intro feet hold it up and look to play in runners from midfield." and he did that to letter in brilliant fashion.

Guest Heneage

GET THE f*** OUT

Call me crazy, but surely Guthrie or the Centre back's get MOTM?

As I said in the other thread - he needs to be taught how to play as a lone striker as he wandered off far too much. Didn't think he deserved man of the match either - a decent performance, some woeful attemps at headers and a lot of poor positional play but worked hard and looked eager. 7 out of 10.

He did go wandering, but I think some of that was to do with Geremi's non-existence.

He did go wandering, but I think some of that was to do with Geremi's non-existence.

Indeed, I thought he played the lone role very well, help the ball and brought others into play, had the other taken their chance Nile would have had about 4 assists tonight.

Pretty much agree with that. Don't know if his poor positional sense was due to him being confused as to what his actual role was meant to be in the team as in that game he didn't look like he had a footballing brain at all. Tried hard though.

Can't believe the plaudits mind. Fair play we have a young lad who has done well today, but people need to calm down.