Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Journal reporting that we've knocked back two loan requests - one from Birmingham, the other from unnamed Championship club.

Suggesting that we're selling him rather than looking to loan him out.

Fortunately we have youngsters with far more talent that'll learn from his departure.

Absolutely :thup: sends out the right message to the other kids who actually work for the shirt and don't fuck around.

It's a pity that we're not looking to loan him out.  He's got the attributes - I just think he needs more experience and playing in the Championship is ideal.

Lovenkrands and isn't going to be about for much longer and Ranger would have hopefully progressed enough by that time to step in.

Agreed. But I'm also with the club on this one. Potential, Ranger may have, but there's only so many times you can give someone a second chance.

what exactly has he done?

let's not forget he was handed a 5 year contract in december

He turns up for training on the verge of being late and he plays with toy guns.  If only he broke another players jaw.  Very little would have been said, in fact the club would have covered it up and pretended nothing had happened.

Bearing in mind he was only just given a new contract, it seems very weird that we've suddenly decided he's beyond help. We've also stuck by Carroll and Barton even though they have done much worse things.

I'm still not convinced his NUFC career is over, and if we do ship him out I think it's a mistake.

Guest Heneage

He turns up for training on the verge of being late and he plays with toy guns.  If only he broke another players jaw.  Very little would have been said, in fact the club would have covered it up and pretended nothing had happened.

He's unprofessional at both training and away from the club. At least Carroll was performing, I'd also argue that you can't compare the two situations at all. I'm aware you will as it suits the point you're trying to make.

Perhaps because he was arguably our most important player at the time? You might as well complain that grass is green instead of pink.

I couldn't care if he was the most important player on the planet, playing with toy guns or being almost late for training doesn't begin to compare to breaking somebodies jaw, or glassing somebody, or beating up your girlfriend.

We brought Ranger to the club knowing that he's done time, what he's done here doesn't even get close to what he's done in his past unless they are keeping something from us.  I doubt they are keeping anything of importance from us because we've known when other players have had trouble long before anything has hit the papers.  Newcastle is a city where nothing is kept secret for very long with regards to the football club.

He's unprofessional at both training and away from the club. At least Carroll was performing, I'd also argue that you can't compare the two situations at all. I'm aware you will as it suits the point you're trying to make.

How is he unprofessional away from the club? Yes the gun pose was daft BUT 1 incident is unfair to label him unprofessional away from the club

At training the issue is that he arrives just on time and leaves as soon as his time is up, again that is no big issue

How is he unprofessional away from the club? Yes the gun pose was daft BUT 1 incident is unfair to label him unprofessional away from the club

At training the issue is that he arrives just on time and leaves as soon as his time is up, again that is no big issue

I guess Pardew just doesn't want him.

I'm not sure how you think the two situations can't be compared, is it because you don't want them to be?  It looks like two players have been judged by the club because of behaviour both at and away from the club, one has done worse things than the other. 

Guest Heneage

I'm not sure how you think the two situations can't be compared, is it because you don't want them to be?  It looks like two players have been judged by the club because of behaviour both at and away from the club, one has done worse things than the other. 

Ranger has not only persistently been late for training over an 18 month period but he has also shown a general disregard for anything not 'Gangsta' enough, shunning training opportunities with players considerably better than himself. We also heard from a senior player a while ago that he's not the most liked in the squad, with his antics spilling out into the street.

Carroll at least applied himself to his profession and became a focal point of the team. Ranger hasn't scored three times for the senior side. His highlight last season being that truly awful miss against West Ham. His issue with Taylor was not comparable to mouthing off in the Cinema or not being able to get out of bed in the morning.