Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest bimpy474

just sack him please for the love of god sack him

Agreed but i would think the club would have to wait until its proven in court to do that, as it stands he is only accused and is innocent until then.

just sack him please for the love of god sack him

Would have been unlikely at the start of the season, with the club probably wanting to claim some sort of transfer fee for him. If he gets charged with assault, no one will want to touch him meaning we'd have to either keep trying to set him on the straight and narrow, or just cut our losses and sack the large twat.

Oh my god this lad is never going to learn, if he keeps going own the town then he is going to get grief and when it happens he cannot lash out. Anyone with a half a brain cell would stay in and let the dust settle on the last two fkn arrests.

Guest Heneage

I'm not sure how the club would stand on sacking him after backing Barton for something similar, unless he goes to prison of course.

Ideally we can push him on to Hughton in January.

I'm not really bothered how we look tbh. This is bordering on laughable and sending a bad message to his teammates in the reserves. If this was a player on youth forms he'd have been shown the door months ago.

I'm not sure how the club would stand on sacking him after backing Barton for something similar, unless he goes to prison of course.

Doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned. Barton was an asset (in theory), so we opted not to get rid. Ranger has never shown himself to be an asset to NUFC, without even considering his misdemeanors. Should be jettisoned.

Guest johnson293

Charged with D&D not assault

On its own is nothing really but as its just another in a long list I cannot see Pards putting up with him any longer.. be gone in January.

Aye, when I posted the story, I hadn't read it properly and thought it was just the formal charge for that incident a couple of month back (like when the drink driving charge came weeks after the incident) - but then re-read it, and realised it was a new incident of D&D.

Guest bimpy474

Charged with D&D not assault

On its own is nothing really but as its just another in a long list I cannot see Pards putting up with him any longer.. be gone in January.

So in the last couple months its been, drink driving, assault and now drunk and disorderly, wonderful to see the lad learning from his mistakes.

Doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned. Barton was an asset (in theory), so we opted not to get rid. Ranger has never shown himself to be an asset to NUFC, without even considering his misdemeanors. Should be jettisoned.

Is it even the same sort of situation? How many occasions did Barton get in trouble with the law, no matter how big or small, in his time with us? Compared to Ranger, who it appears is being held at least 1 night a month down the station these days. Beyond a joke now.

Guest bimpy474

Is it even the same sort of situation? How many occasions did Barton get in trouble with the law, no matter how big or small, in his time with us? Compared to Ranger, who it appears is being held at least 1 night a month down the station these days. Beyond a joke now.

Always drink involved, everyone sees a pattern instead of that thick tit.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've seen him look great in the reserves but I've seen him miss from 6 yards out against West Ham for the first team...

I've never seen him strike or head the ball with genuine skill or convicition. I'm amazed by both the attitudes on here towards him and the fact he's still an NUFC player.

What attitudes are you amazed by?

Just the general optermism towards him. I think he's looked OK at times but never someone with the basics to really make it.

Guest bimpy474

I've never seen him strike or head the ball with genuine skill or convicition. I'm amazed by both the attitudes on here towards him and the fact he's still an NUFC player.

Did you not see him play against Leicester in the championship, he was up against two experienced centre half and was brilliant in that game, only 18 then as well but tbf everything else since then just about mirrors your post.