Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Airey is way too light can see him getting knocked off the ball easily, he's similar to Ferguson in build.

:nope: This attitude doesn't help english football.

Don't get me wrong i still think he'll make it as a footballer, what he lacks in strength (at the moment) he makes up with pace and stamina.

Phil's always been an athlete could of easily made a career out of running if he hadn't been signed up.

Seems there will be a new headline.. nailed on

LOAN RANGER

Yup it seems as though it may just be a season long loan deal and not a £1m sale.

A loan would be far better than a sale imo.

Although they are trying to get him away from his party lifestyle and off field antics so they send him to Blackpool...do they expect him to be visiting the funfair everyday and blackpool tower of a night time?  :lol:

Seems there will be a new headline.. nailed on

LOAN RANGER

Yup it seems as though it may just be a season long loan deal and not a £1m sale.

A loan would be far better than a sale imo.

Although they are trying to get him away from his party lifestyle and off field antics so they send him to Blackpool...do they expect him to be visiting the funfair everyday and blackpool tower of a night time?  :lol:

I guess its go there and behave, get him away from the tools he hangs with here and he has one last chance to prove he is serious about his career.

Any source for that?

Very sensible if true, would much rather loan him out than sell.

I think I'm resigned to just getting shot now and putting in a decent sell on clause.

As long as he's on our books we're going to have to deal with whatever shit he get's into, and it's rare for a striker to end up a great if he's quite as dumb as a box of rocks as this lad.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/ferguson_heads_next_batch_of_pool_targets_1_3567004

Barry Ferguson is being lined-up as the high-profile replacement for the departed Charlie Adam at Bloomfield Road.

The former Scotland and Rangers captain is in talks with Ian Holloway as Pool step up their summer signing spree.

Veteran striker Kevin Phillips, Ferguson’s former Birmingham team-mate, became the Seasiders’ third summer signing over the weekend, while Pool are in talks with Newcastle hitman Nile Ranger.

The 20-year-old is available on loan from St James’ Park, while free agent Phillips has agreed a 12-month deal with the option of a second year.

However, Pool still need someone to boss the centre of the park following the loss of the hugely-talented Adam and his sidekick David Vaughan. Ferguson is top of the wanted list and negotiations with Birmingham are at an advanced stage.

The 33-year-old is available for the right price after the Blues, like Blackpool, were relegated from the top flight in May.

Ferguson moved to St Andrew’s from Rangers in 2009. He burst on to the scene at Ibrox in the late 1990s, making his debut aged 19 after coming through the youth ranks.

Hamilton-born Ferguson had a first taste of English football in 2003, when he moved to Blackburn for £7.5m.

20-year-old Ranger has long been viewed as the next big thing at Newcastle, and despite his tender age has made almost 50 first team appearances.

Ranger, who signed a new five-and-a-half year contract at St James’ Park before Christmas, would add much-needed firepower to the Seasiders’ attack, with DJ Campbell set to depart.

Pool have also been strongly linked with the Charlton defender Miguel Angel Llera and Leicester frontman Martyn Waghorn.

Guest Heneage

Mind the door doesn't hit your arse on the way out

I do not understand how you can have so much vitriol for a 20 year old reserve striker.

I don't understand how you can't.

Guest dazzanufc1892

great to rid of bad attitudes. ranger and spear, lets now not bring a new 1 in with nzogbia and we are on our way to a responsible and settled group.

Don't see why he wasn't just loaned out, he quite clearly has tallent and had just signed a 5 year contract. Loaning him out for a year may have seen him develop, and potentialy raise his price in the process.

We don't know that he isn't being loaned out yet. As far as I know.

In which case I hope it is a loan. In a years time we may get back a more mature player, if so we may think about keeping him, if not then we can easily move him on then. It's not like his price is going to go down.

Totally agree, don't see the point in selling him right now. Unless he's beyond help in the attitude department, which I think at his age is too soon to judge.

We'll see.

Don't see why he wasn't just loaned out, he quite clearly has tallent and had just signed a 5 year contract. Loaning him out for a year may have seen him develop, and potentialy raise his price in the process.

Does he?