Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

He's just not ready.

There was a chance in the second half, where I'm adament Shola would have scored or at least got a shot on target and he completely fluffed the ball.

He shouldn't start, in fact he shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Send him on loan ffs.

We were not sure he shot there.. I think it was a smashed cross.

Not that one. The one where I think where Jonas put a cross into the box, Carroll flicked it on and it landed at him on the pen spot with a defender, and he just couldn't get the shot away.

He's just not ready.

There was a chance in the second half, where I'm adament Shola would have scored or at least got a shot on target and he completely fluffed the ball.

He shouldn't start, in fact he shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Send him on loan ffs.

Not that one. The one where I think where Jonas put a cross into the box, Carroll flicked it on and it landed at him on the pen spot with a defender, and he just couldn't get the shot away.

aye got ya.. lack of confidence I think.. I hope games will sort that out, he has the ability and as a squad we need him he is better than Loven or Best

He's just not ready.

aye got ya.. lack of confidence I think.. I hope games will sort that out, he has the ability and as a squad we need him he is better than Loven or Best

We don't need him though. It's getting to the point whereby we're less likely to score if he's on the pitch.

He's not got that cutting edge which comes with experience. He's a young, 'unshaped' player if you will. We're not a nursery and we shouldn't have him in the squad if he is like this. A year away in the Championship and bring him back and we'll see then.

Best is probably our best ( :snod: ) option atm. Shola looks shit when he's playing with an injury, Xisco seems to have dropped off the face of the earth and Lovenkrands has lost whatever he had. Best isn't great, but I'd rather someone who can grab a goal than a kid who doesn't have the confidence.

I hear ya but if we loan him out it leaves us really short.. get the feeling if he can score a goal then the flood gates may open.. I say wait until January if he still aint doing it then loan him out and we can buy someone in.

You said he's never going to be a 10+ a season :lol:

10+ goals.

I know, it's a stupid comment :lol:

Why is it? I don't think he's got the potential to be a regular scorer for us. Hardly a stupid comment ...

Because he is only 19 years old and people were saying exactly the same about that Andy Carroll chap last season.

People? It doesn't matter what other people have to say. It's my opinion on a fucking forum.

Guest michaelfoster

I do hope games like that will go the distance in convincing Ashley to buy a striker in January, but I doubt it. I'm really getting sick the back teeth of the shat-pack of strikers we have to accompany Carroll.

Nile Ranger playing a full 45 minutes in the PL is nothing short of a disgrace. This is a player who looked like a little lost sheep in The Championship. And how's he ever going to improve here, by playing against the likes of Coloccini and Campbell in training? They'll just eat him for breakfast. He needs to steadily build a bridge to get to PL level, not take a run and jump - he'll just fall.  He should be out on loan to Huddersfield, simple as that.

Andy Carroll, man. What the f*** would we do without the lad?

changed your tune from last night when i said Ranger wouldnt be the first one id bring on if we need a goal

I do hope games like that will go the distance in convincing Ashley to buy a striker in January, but I doubt it. I'm really getting sick the back teeth of the shat-pack of strikers we have to accompany Carroll.

Nile Ranger playing a full 45 minutes in the PL is nothing short of a disgrace. This is a player who looked like a little lost sheep in The Championship. And how's he ever going to improve here, by playing against the likes of Coloccini and Campbell in training? They'll just eat him for breakfast. He needs to steadily build a bridge to get to PL level, not take a run and jump - he'll just fall.  He should be out on loan to Huddersfield, simple as that.

Can't help but agree.

I rate the lad, I really do think there is talent there. However he's a million miles away from the Premier League at the moment. Needs to be out on loan somewhere and we need a short-medium term fix in the striking department come January.

changed your tune from last night when i said Ranger wouldnt be the first one id bring on if we need a goal

Well, no. I said i'd rather have him on than Lovenkrands - and I stick to that. I'd rather play you than Lovenkrands.

There was an instance in the Blackburn match that totally showcased that Nile isn't ready and that was when he got the through ball and just lashed at it, half cross half shot that ended up going out for a throw.  He doesn't put a lot of effort in if the ball isn't around him and he's just very very unpolished.  Really needs a loan deal.

He's not a target, the forum was pretty much in agreement he needed to go out on loan before the season started tbf.

That said, he's getting more attention now as people are looking for a scapegoat.

Not needed. That's been taken up by the term 'anti-football'.

Not really sure if that all was directed at me or not but for the record I don't look at Nile as a "scapegoat" - he definitely wasn't the worst person on the park on Wednesday - just that I think he really need to go out on loan, he looks a little lost out there on the pitch with the big boys.  I would love to see him come good in black and white.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So Ranger is the new target, now that Perch has been dropped? ffs  :facepalm:

Target?

Everyone is aware the lad is nowhere near Premiership standard and needs a few years loaned out at lower league clubs to develop, he's hardly targetted :facepalm: