Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

He's got one of the best leaps i've seen in a  long time, agree about him needing to go out on loan tbh.

He's got a great leap, but he didn't win that many headers yesterday. Very strange. A couple of times he was a fair bit over the defenders but couldn't win the duels. Great leap, poor timing, I'd say. And that's kind of important too. Otherwise we could just play a high jumper.

Prodigous leap and turn of pace. Left defender and keeper for dead to latch onto through ball first half then finished weakly, this will improve with gametime. Potentially better than Carrol, Still getting stronger IMO.

Ahead of Lovenkrands, Best & Xisco.

Is it me or does he slip up and lose his footing all the bloody time. Wasn't good enough in the arsenal match I'm afraid, desperately needs to go out on loan, as others have suggested.

He wasn't alone in doing that. I thought players from both teams were slipping all the time. Seems to me that the pitch wasn't in its best shape yesterday.

He did slip a lot yesterday but he is a handful for any CB to deal with, strong and fast just needs a bit of confidence and composure in front of goal.  He is still so much more of a threat than Loven though and should be our 3rd choice striker.

Personally I think Loven is far, far ahead of Nile. Loven gets goals, he gets in the right positions and has composure. Obviously he had no chances against Arsenal but Nile needs to improve elsewhere for now, then we'll see what he's made of.

Footballers are more bothered about how their boots look than whether or not they give them grip.

On the other hand it's the pitch manager's job to give the footballers the best conditions possible. :)

The pitch has not looked quite as good this season compared to the last 3-4 years IMO. Lots of tearing.

Guest Stephen927

Desperately needs game time which he rightly isn't going to get with us atm. Send him on loan to a top end League One team, toughen him up a bit.

A lot of people at work said he looked good and most of them had never heard of him. From an outsiders perspective he seemed to have a good game, maybe some of us are a bit too familiar/harsh?

I think some people haven't got a clue...or maybe they have but they just want to slag certain players off regardless.

I thought he put himself about reasonably well last night. Started the game reasonably well too.

He needs to be somewhere where's he's gonna have plenty of opportunities to score. His youth record is exceptional but he still looks a bit rabbit-in-headlights for me when infront of goal. The Arsenal defenders covered well when he had that chance early on - but a more confident/potent striker would have still stuck that one away.

I don't think he's going to contribute this season, even if he plays, so i really wish we'd just ship him out asap.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I thought he did well in general but needs to be sent out on loan ASAP. He's very raw and needs consistent football and game time

• 2 weeks later...

No idea if this has been posted before but it has me in stitches. Has Nile in but the Mr.T wannabe with the lisp is beyond funny. Has to be a joke character.

"Half man Half amazing" :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

Needs to spend less money on Range Rovers and more money on correct football boots. Was slipping and sliding all over the show again yesterday. Did well for their red though, decent strength and persistance. Shocking defending like.

I'd like to think we could keep giving him minutes off the bench until January (and the FA Cup 3rd round), give him a game there, and then if we're well stocked enough in the forward department, loan him out till the summer.

Guest jonnyameobi

I was at Huddersfield v Walsall 2 weeks ago, got talking with Clarkie, told us he asked for Ranger on loan, we said no. were gonna let them know last week about Harris. guessing from the lack of action we told them no about him too

Say it every week and will say it today. He's never going to be a 10+ goal a season player.

Peter Lovenkrands last season - 29 appearances  13 goals

Nile Ranger last season - 25 appearances  2 goals.

Poor old Peter hasn't even had a chance this season. Blackburn are the type of team he was scoring against the season we went down.