Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest Roger Kint
I am just wondering why - if his attitude hasn't improved - Pardew has inferred it has, and has in fact been talking about giving him more game time in the last couple of matches. Maybe it's all a cunning plan to confuse everybody when in fact he's planning on bombing him out first chance he gets.

'Improving' doesnt necessarily mean he is working as good as he should be, just that its better than what it was. Based on pardews previous comments its hard to do worse without failing too actually turn up.

Why mention bombing him out? There is no indication whatsoever that the club will do that, the only mention was when i said there may come a time when they decide it isnt worth keeping him.

Guest WashyGeordie

PFA to offer Nile Ranger training in handgun posing techniques

The Professional Footballers Association is set to offer Newcastle’s Nile Ranger training in the correct way to pose with a firearm.

The 20 year-old Newcastle forward was pictured in an amateurish pose holding a gun for what appeared to the first time, to the disgust of his fellow young professionals.

PFA Chairman Gordon Taylor told us, “Nile has a lot to learn, clearly. At one end of the scale we have his pathetic pose with a fake gun, and at the other end we have Ashley Cole taking a real one to training and shooting someone.”

“Nile is going to have to show that level of commitment if he really wants to get to the very top in this game.”

“But at the most basic level, if he can’t hold a gun in the correct manner then he gives all footballers a bad name.”

Newcastle fans have said the incident has been blown out of all proportion, insisting Ranger was never likely to be of any danger to anyone.

Newcastle resident Simon Matthews said, “Posing for photos whilst holding what looks like a deadly weapon is a right of passage for all young black footballers, right?”

Season ticket holder Mick Gollowgate told us, “All this attention is silly, I’ve seen him shoot and you’re in no danger whatsoever as long you stand directly in front of him.”

http://newsthump.com/2011/05/17/pfa-to-offer-nile-ranger-training-in-handgun-posing-techniques/

People defending Ranger's antics on here. :facepalm:

He's been given an opportunity we all would literally give everything and anything we have for, I think we're allowed to be a bit judgmental based on the things we hear echoing around Newcastle about his tardiness and general demeanor.  He's throwing away a massive chance to play for a great club that we all love, of course we're allowed to be a bit peeved.

He's called Nile and acts like the bairn that floated up him in that basket. Nee wonder people wanna gan riot on his ass man the fucking pistol whipping crocodile hunter. G'day Bruce. Can I 'ave a Fosters Sheila?

My only problem with him is that he's crap.

That should be the only real criteria used. If he was banging in goals you can guarantee everyone's moral standards would suddenly nosedive.

But a few over react on an epic scale.

He's obviously a bit of a dick but it's "right! out of the club NOW!" everytime he coughs without covering his mouth.

This. I wouldn't defend his antics at all, but when people go so OTT you sort of have to, just to put a bit of perspective in place.

That should be the only real criteria used. If he was banging in goals you can guarantee everyone's moral standards would suddenly nosedive.

Andy Carroll springs to mind.

My feeling is that he spent much of his teenage years within a culture where getting something for nothing gives you status, and being seen to work hard is uncool. Put another way - all about other people giving you something as the top dog, and not about you giving something to the team.

He may well want to buy into a new set of attitudes, but abandoning your old ones can be difficult.

I hope he makes it with us, because he does have talent, but he should have made more progress by now.

I think he has got raw attributes to potentially be a decent player, but needs a loan spell to improve his composure in front of goal. The fact he has been in the news for the wrong reasons of late makes it hard to give him a chance. If he addressed things which would affect his game like turning up late to training, not trying as much as he could in training or turning down help from more experienced professional's he could make some minor improvements. Sadly I don't think he is going to change his 'gangster' image anytime soon, but getting a stupid smiley face tattoo on his lip despite isn't going to affect his game.

'If he was banging in goals' being the operative statement. He's talented but he's a prima donna at the moment. He needs to get his head down and score some goals

Guest Chubby Jason

So he's stupid, annoying and shit. We should loan him out and hope he comes back a little less of each one of those.

Ranger has all the physical attributes to make a fine striker, I have doubts over his decision making though. Gazza was thick as two planks but with the ball at his feet he was a genius. Ranger runs around a lot but he's barely hit a decent shot on goal in the time he's been on the pitch.

If Ranger looked and acted like Ferguson he wouldn't be deemed as shit from the performances he has put in so far.

He hasn't been perfect, he isn't a Rooney, Wilshire etc and he has made mistakes but that doesn't mean he's shit. It means he needs time to improve and a loan would do that.

Labelling him shit now is just stupid, at best it's fishing for bites. Either way it's silly but if he does come good the usual "well he was at the time" get out clause will be spouted.

He's not crap, he's a 19 year old who has played 1 full game in the Premiership.

Yes, because he's crap. He has potential, fair enough. But right now - at 20, btw - he's a very poor footballer.

"Very poor footballer" is a very poor description of him imo.  His all-round play when brought on with 20-30 minutes left is often pretty good.  You can't argue that he didn't help change the match in the home games versus Liverpool and Arsenal this season.

It's his finishing that worries me.  He clearly needs to improve so that he can affect the game for 90 minutes but I've a feeling he'll never score enough goals.  And the signs are that his attitude might prohibit him from building a career on being a physical nuisance as an alternative (as a few strikers seem to these days).

He's a bit of an enigma and needs to play week-in, week-out at a lower level.  He's been a decent option as a substitute for us on a few occasions this year though.

Yes, because he's crap. He has potential, fair enough. But right now - at 20, btw - he's a very poor footballer.

I forgot that he was 20 now.  Still, he's not a very poor footballer.  He's an inexperienced player whose form is a bit erratic.  Even with his inexperience he’s capable of changing Premiership games and we don’t have enough players who can do that.  He's nowhere near the complete article and has a lot to learn, that can come if he works at his game.