Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Only thing about releasing/sacking him, is that surely we'd have to pay up the 5 year contract he signed late last year?

Unless we can argue something about his behaviour/attitude, and offences (if charged)?

If he's sacked, we don't owe him anything.

He has been "charged" any sacking may happen if and when he is convicted.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/18/pardew-won-t-consider-nile-ranger-until-he-shapes-up-79310-29441533/

Pardew won’t consider Nile Ranger until he shapes up

Sep 18 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

NILE RANGER has been told to shape up by fed-up Alan Pardew.

The Newcastle striker has hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons of late, having been arrested twice in the last six weeks.

He is yet to be charged for either incident but Pardew is calling for him to think about his “responsibilities as a role model” in order to save his Toon career.

“With all due respect, Nile needs to understand what the responsibilities of a professional footballer are,” he said.

“It’s not just about what you do on the football pitch.

“These incidents keep coming up and I’m not going to accept them.

“Until such time as they stop happening, I won’t consider him. If they don’t, I’ll start considering him again.

“I think he has a responsibility as a role model for young players and people in this city.”

Pardew believes that Ranger now needs to find his own motivation for improving.

“He needs to sit himself down and have a good talking to himself. Because everyone else has talked to him. We’re at that stage now,” he said.

In pretty much any organisation, a contract will have a clause that any action you do which could reflect badly on the brand/company as a whole by being part of said brand/company will be construed as gross misconduct and a sackable offence. See Adrian Mutu at Chelsea. NUFC would retain his player registration but sack the player.

I think Pardew has dealt with him very well. No point wasting time and breath on someone who's not willing to listen. Ranger's in the last chance saloon now and only he can pull himself together

I think Pardew has dealt with him very well. No point wasting time and breath on someone who's not willing to listen. Ranger's in the last chance saloon now and only he can pull himself together

:nods:

TBH, I think he's past the last chance saloon.  If we get a chance to get rid of him, I think we'l take it, especially for any money.

he is not a bad player shame that no one has been able to get hold of him..he is a sorry state of affairs..i think someone on this thread said he has what we would all wish for and he goes out of his way to throw it all away !!!!  Shame but let us be realistic he earns a lot and clearly cannot cope !

Good words from Pardew there. But it's still  a shame that it's at this point. Maybe it will help him realise what a dick he's playing now that it's said in no uncertain terms to the rest of the football world that he's turning into a joke of a 'footballer'. Sadly it won't. Hell, he'll probably think it's the shit knowing that if he doesn't shape up, he's getting paid a good few grand a week to go and kick a ball about for a couple of hours a day.

Aye good words from Pardew there, just wish we hadn't given him that new contract as he seems to have hit the skids since then.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, was happy at the time but now it just seems he knows he is sorted for 5 years, will have enough to retire on and he can concentrate on being a "gangster".

Really can't see this lad getting it together which is a shame because if he had the attitude of Sameobi I reckon he would be a big player for us already. Oh well, he can watch Sammy makes the impact he should have done. Waste man.

I have seen him control a ball quite well on a number of occasions and he could certainly shoot when coming through the ranks.

Maybe if he bothered to listen to his coaches and put the effort in when training this would have transferred to the first team.

I have seen him control a ball quite well on a number of occasions and he could certainly shoot when coming through the ranks.

Maybe if he bothered to listen to his coaches and put the effort in when training this would have transferred to the first team.

Exactly.