Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

A lot will depend on the terms of his contract.

If he is found guilty then we could try and sack him. He would then no doubt bring a claim for unfair dismissal. There are two ways for this to be done really. Firstly, procedural e.g. the club hasn't followed protocol by giving him the right number of written warnings, verbal warnings etc. The second is substantive. It is a bit more complicated than this in reality, but it comes down to a range of reasonable responses test. In other words was the club acting reasonably in dismissing him. This is usually quite difficult for a claimant to prove as it simply has to be a reason that any other reasonable employer in the world could potentially use to sack someone, however, this may be complicated by the fact that we have not sacked others (Barton) for similar offences.

Guest BooBoo

What's the point in bail conditions that if you break them...nothing happens? All the judge has done is give him the same ones again :undecided:

Its a breach fair enough but you can't really lock people up for simply being in a city centre. Unless there was a further aggravating feature, bail would unlikely have been opposed.

Guest firetotheworks

I thought this might happen. I've seen him in town a few times. What a complete, tumbling dickweed.

There's dumb, and then there's Nile Ranger.

My word. The guy is set for life, even if he doesn't fully apply himself. Just play football until you're 22-23 and you're more than set for life. How on earth do you get to where he is? Monumentally moronic. Quite staggering.

Guest BooBoo

In this case the condition to bar him from the city centre was to allay any fears that he would commit further offences. Yes he's breached his condition by being in that exclusion zone but unless he's been misbehaving then it would be too onerous to remand him. It's likely he got told this was his last chance to comply with bail, but in reality even if he did the same thing gain, he'd probably escape custody.

There's dumb, and then there's Nile Ranger.

My word. The guy is set for life, even if he doesn't fully apply himself. Just play football until you're 22-23 and you're more than set for life. How on earth do you get to where he is? Monumentally moronic. Quite staggering.

Exactly, why can't we just sack him and be rid.

What's the point in bail conditions that if you break them...nothing happens? All the judge has done is give him the same ones again :undecided:

Its a breach fair enough but you can't really lock people up for simply being in a city centre. Unless there was a further aggravating feature, bail would unlikely have been opposed.

Well, I know you're the one who knows this stuff so I'll bow to your knowledge :)

What I'm confused about is...the condition of the original bail was he was not to set foot in the city. But he broke this and therefore broke the bail conditions. But all the judge seems to have done is re-apply the same conditions. So I'm confused to the point of them in the first place. Seems he can just go back into town and he'll only go back to square one :undecided:

I'm missing something...I'm sure :blush:

As Otter says, he has done nothing wrong bar being in the exclusion zone as set by his bail. Bail conditions are there to lessen the likelihood of a repeat of the same offence, so Police have an immediate power of arrest before he gets close to another fight or whatever. Whilst there appears to be no punishment for the breach, it is something which will be considered at his court date.

I wonder if the precedent we set with Barton not so long ago would give Ranger a good case against the club if they were to sack him?

Of course it would, the club could still have Ranger for each individual offence committed by him but would they be sackable offences?  The football club must have a disciplinary procedure as hundreds of people are employed and they will all be covered by the same rules and they must all be given the same treatment.

For instance if somebody you work with has been off work 10 times this year and nothing happened to them then you would have a good case against your company if you were disciplined and had only been off work 8 times.

A disciplinary procedure must be seen to be fair, not only to those who are disciplined but also to the ones who never do anything wrong.  Using the above example, why should somebody be allowed to be off 10 times when you are never off?

If Ranger is breaking club curfews then is it fair that the club should do nothing?  It’ll not seem too fair to the players who don’t go on the drink when asked not to.

I was all for the club disciplining Carroll and Barton and don’t see how they can sack Ranger for what looks to be lesser offences than allegedly committed by the other two. 

The easiest way to sack him would be to claim that he was bringing the clubs name into disrepute, his defence would probably be that he hadn't done anything as bad as Carroll or Barton and he would probably have a fair point with that.

He's almost certainly now a lost cause at this club and we might have to pay his contract up to get rid of him unless another club was stupid enough to take a chance on him.

He'll end up knee capped, in prison, a drug addict or something else, whichever way he'll end up a mess and broke. His life is written, he's made his choices, it'll only get worse and when it gets to that stage I'll piss myself laughing.

Utter lowlife wanker.

He'll end up knee capped, in prison, a drug addict or something else, whichever way he'll end up a mess and broke. His life is written, he's made his choices, it'll only get worse and when it gets to that stage I'll p*ss myself laughing.

Utter lowlife w*****.

:lol: Some of you have ridiculous anger problems. "He'll end up a legless, jailed heroin addict, and I will laugh at his fate because he made a serious of poor decisions before turning 21." Completely mad way of thinking.

There is no reason for him to be here. He's not good enough for where the club is now. Clearly, he's not a very intelligent player or person, and his presence would only negatively influence other young players here. Time for him to go to a lower league side/a bit of jail and try to sort himself out. It's not too late, but it is getting critical.

He'll end up knee capped, in prison, a drug addict or something else, whichever way he'll end up a mess and broke. His life is written, he's made his choices, it'll only get worse and when it gets to that stage I'll p*ss myself laughing.

Utter lowlife w*****.

:lol: Some of you have ridiculous anger problems. "He'll end up a legless, jailed heroin addict, and I will laugh at his fate because he made a serious of poor decisions before turning 21." Completely mad way of thinking.

There is no reason for him to be here. He's not good enough for where the club is now. Clearly, he's not a very intelligent player or person, and his presence would only negatively influence other young players here. Time for him to go to a lower league side/a bit of jail and try to sort himself out. It's not too late, but it is getting critical.

I've never ever been so relaxed, chilled and composed when I wrote that, it's what I truly believe will happen, and it is what he deserves.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I patiently waiting the day this plastic gangster, alan smith, and xisco gtfo of the club. It really is a joke that they get paid thousands for nothing while most of us are going to college or working hard at our jobs just to make just enough of a living in hard times.

I wonder what they was thinking when they handed out the new contract?! It wasn´t like it was ending anytime soon, and most of all, why did give him such a long contract when they knew his problems off field.

Would love to hear that his contract has been torn up and he's been sacked. No doubt he will cry the Players FA... would be interesting to know if they would back him.

Has a Chelsea player been sacked for letting off a smoke grenade? - if so that's far less than this cunt Ranger has done.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Nile Ranger set-up both #NUFC goals in Reserves 4-2 defeat against #Chelsea

Wish he would stay out of bother and deliver on the pitch

I'm not gonna judge the lad for doing some stupid things, it's what young men do and i'm pretty sure we we've all done a few things we regret in the bloom of youth.

In terms of his future as a footballer, he just doesn't have one at this club.  You can only forgive so much and it's clear that his attitude isn't right here.  Maybe at a new club he'll sort himself out and I wish him luck but this isn't the club for him.

Guest barnabox

Didn't we get him cheap as he was being kicked out of his last club?  It looks like it's just the way he thinks he should behave.