Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

He's had enough chances. Its like some cringe worthy attempt at another shot cos its finally clicked into his thick skull he's blown it. Fuck off.

I reckon we could get more than £0 or £1.

Getting him off the wagebill is definitely something that is required but I wouldn't be so eager to cut our losses if he is starting to make good impression at that level.

Really don't get the prevailing attitude that we need shot of him. He fucked up his first opportunity at the club and shouldn't be anywhere near the squad as it stands, but if he costs us a minimal amount when he's on loan, why get rid? He hasn't lost his natural talent and he still has the chance of being a very good player.

If he wasn't putting in the effort, then maybe I'd join you in giving up on him, but as it is it would be an utter waste. Good luck to the lad. :thup:

Really don't get the prevailing attitude that we need shot of him. He f***ed up his first opportunity at the club and shouldn't be anywhere near the squad as it stands, but if he costs us a minimal amount when he's on loan, why get rid? He hasn't lost his natural talent and he still has the chance of being a very good player.

If he wasn't putting in the effort, then maybe I'd join you in giving up on him, but as it is it would be an utter waste. Good luck to the lad. :thup:

We've seen very, very little of this "natural talent" when he's playing for the first team.

His place in the squad should be taken up with a player who has the right attitude and wants to succeed, especially now we're moving forward so quickly as a team and as a club.

Wednesday fan on 606 liking Ranger a lot.  Says he hopes they sign him permanently.

the fans near me at the match today were shouting the complete opposite, he got plenty of abuse on a few occassions, before he scored anyway. personally i thought he played alright. 

He's a player who thought he'd made it and didn't have to keep trying. He'll now realise that things have moved on without him and he's slipped down the ladder.

Hopefully that'll be the kick up the arse that he needs, though we're in uncharted territory. Young players do change their attitude sometimes, and I hope Ranger can do it because he's got the talent to be a very good player.

Someone just posted this on my Facebook:

Just been at the Sheffield Wednesday promotion parade in the city centre, Nile Ranger wearing a suit with K Swiss trainers. Peasant.

:lol:

• 1 month later...