Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

I doubt there's such a thing as precedent when deciding if someone has committed gross misconduct or something, just depends what his contract says.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that, but he does get himself into some f***ed up situations.

Not true and I think the club could justifiably sack him now, even if he’s innocent he consistently brings the clubs name into disrepute.  The club could probably argue that he's damaging the club brand because of the constant bad headlines which reflect on the club by association.

I doubt there's such a thing as precedent when deciding if someone has committed gross misconduct or something, just depends what his contract says.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that, but he does get himself into some f***ed up situations.

Not true and I think the club could justifiably sack him now, even if he’s innocent he consistently brings the clubs name into disrepute.  The club could probably argue that he's damaging the club brand because of the constant bad headlines which reflect on the club by association.

Yeah I know, what I was saying is that the precedent (what they did with Barton) doesn't really have any bearing on what they can do with Ranger. His contract will include clauses about misconduct that they can decide whether he has or hasn't broken.

Once again, not true.

He'd sweep up in court if we tried to sack him.

san lorenzo could buy out his contract

Not really, Gross Misconduct is fairly standardised to include actions in own time that can impact negatively on the club and its image.

He'd sweep up in court if we tried to sack him.

san lorenzo could buy out his contract

Not really, Gross Misconduct is fairly standardised to include actions in own time that can impact negatively on the club and its image.

Bringing the employer into disrepute is taken to mean the situation whereby conduct by an employee outside of the workplace becomes apparent and due to their employment within a particular job, that conduct becomes associated with that employer.

One of the hardest to Gross Misconduct for tbh.  This was part of a dissmissal I carried out this week. I added in a few others to be safe and cover my self , Serious Insubordination, Serious incapability at work brought on by alcohol or illegal drugs and General conduct, performance and Attitude.

I would stay well clear of sacking someone for suspicion of anything.

Bringing the employer into disrepute is taken to mean the situation whereby conduct by an employee outside of the workplace becomes apparent and due to their employment within a particular job, that conduct becomes associated with that employer.

One of the hardest to Gross Misconduct for tbh.  This was part of a dissmissal I carried out this week. I added in a few others to be safe and cover my self , Serious Insubordination, Serious incapability at work brought on by alcohol or illegal drugs and General conduct, performance and Attitude.

Apple sacked somebody in Norwich for damaging the Apple brand by saying negative things on Facebook, every time Ranger is mentioned for his run ins with the law we also get mentioned.  They could easily sack him if they have a good disciplinary procedure and follow it, they wouldn't even have to wait for a trial as long as they follow procedures and act fairly.

Every time this has been reported on the news or radio, today, it has started with "Newcastle striker Nile Ranger..."

First word. Every time.

Pretty much the same for a lot of online reports, too. The association can't be denied.

But the guy, regardless of his huge twatness, hasn't been charged yet...let alone convicted.

I'll wait and see before I devote more grey matter to hating him :D

That's not relevant as long as they follow procedures which are in place.

Apple sacked somebody in Norwich for damaging the Apple brand by saying negative things on Facebook, every time Ranger is mentioned for his run ins with the law we also get mentioned.  They could easily sack him if they have a good disciplinary procedure and follow it, they wouldn't even have to wait for a trial as long as they follow procedures and act fairly.

The stakes are a lot higher here though, his contract is worth a fortune and he's more likely to fight it.

I would just wait and see what happens with the case.

I think it is a gamble worth taking. If we end up having to pay his contract then we have to.

But the money we would lose is money we'd have to spend anyway,  and we would have the value of removing a disruptive influence,  whilst at the same time giving a positive message about the class of the club and to teach the young players that you can completely Fuck up a career.