Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

This?

Recent quotes from striker Nile Ranger, which account for the circumstances that meant he was a free agent when joining Newcastle - not signed from Southampton as was incorrectly reported last summer:

"Coming up here has completely changed my life.

"I grew up in north London, in Wood Green and I got into trouble. It all starts with just messing around with friends and jokes that go too far. I started running with a gang in the area. We were convicted of street robbery in Muswell Hill. There was a weapon but we didn't use it.

"They were cracking down on street crime so I got sent down. I wasn't with a professional club at the time and I didn't really realise what I was risking.

"There were seven of us charged and four of us were convicted. Jail was pretty rough but it taught me a lot. The most important thing I learned is that I never want to go back."

"My behaviour let me down at Southampton. I'd already had two written warnings about my behaviour – stupid things like going out or messing around in the lodge. Then I was caught at the end of the season with a load of first-team kit that I'd taken. I only wanted to give it to my friends. But I gave them no choice and they kicked me out.

"I was absolutely buzzing (when Newcastle came in for him). The change of atmosphere did me loads of good. I went into digs up here and I was away from the old faces, the old problems."

"I have changed. I realise now what an amazing opportunity this club has given me. I don't even want to think what might have happened to me if I hadn't come to Newcastle. I'm just so grateful for that."

This?

Recent quotes from striker Nile Ranger, which account for the circumstances that meant he was a free agent when joining Newcastle - not signed from Southampton as was incorrectly reported last summer:

"I grew up in north London, in Wood Green and I got into trouble. It all starts with just messing around with friends and jokes that go too far. I started running with a gang in the area. We were convicted of street robbery in Muswell Hill. There was a weapon but we didn't use it.

"They were cracking down on street crime so I got sent down. I wasn't with a professional club at the time and I didn't really realise what I was risking.

"There were seven of us charged and four of us were convicted. Jail was pretty rough but it taught me a lot. The most important thing I learned is that I never want to go back."

"My behaviour let me down at Southampton. I'd already had two written warnings about my behaviour – stupid things like going out or messing around in the lodge. Then I was caught at the end of the season with a load of first-team kit that I'd taken. I only wanted to give it to my friends. But I gave them no choice and they kicked me out.

"I was absolutely buzzing (when Newcastle came in for him). The change of atmosphere did me loads of good. I went into digs up here and I was away from the old faces, the old problems."

"I have changed. I realise now what an amazing opportunity this club has given me. I don't even want to think what might have happened to me if I hadn't come to Newcastle. I'm just so grateful for that."

Lets hope he remembers that when Man ure come knocking :lol:

Guest toonlass

This?

I think he will. He has just signed a 3 year contract

This?

I think he will. He has just signed a 3 year contract

contracts :lol: biggest waste of time in football, contracts mean nothing apart from how much you get for a player depends on how longs left on their contract.

• 4 weeks later...

Aye. It was actually pretty nippy so nobody saw it anyway. :(

Saw this and tea went everywhere, before I checked on the last page and realised he was talking about his Nile t-shirt. :lol:

Aye. It was actually pretty nippy so nobody saw it anyway. :(

Saw this and tea went everywhere, before I checked on the last page and realised he was talking about his Nile t-shirt. :lol:

:lol: