Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

I think Abdoulaye Faye is going to Stoke
:(

and Shola Ameobi has been given permission to speak to Ipswich
:)

but that's the end of players going out.
:undecided:

And if those deals do happen there will be some more players coming in.
:indi:

Dawson for £10m and beat Blackburn to Fowler.

Dawson signed a new deal. :thefinger:

Guest optimistic nit

"I think Abdoulaye Faye is going to Stoke, and Shola Ameobi has been given permission to speak to Ipswich, but that's the end of players going out.

"And if those deals do happen there will be some more players coming in."

:indi:

and if those deals don't ? :kasper:

just teasing. i reckon there'll be 1 straight in to the strating 11 and 1 more aswell before sept 1st.

He's said elsewhere today that he wants another two players before the window closes. I'd assume that by the quote above he means if they leave he'd want replacements ASWELL.

its an ambiguous statement tbh.

I reckon Bassong is the replacement for Faye (though I'm dubious about that one like) and we'll get a young striker to replace Ameobi.

We'll still need the cover at left-back and the CM we always needed (and they've tried for in Warnock and Modric).

Gutted that Faye is moving to bloody stoke! Faye had a very good season last year and was certainly one of our best players, very tall 6'3, strong, tidy intelligent player and awesome in the air.

He also is the only one of our defenders big and strong enough to handle the likes of Carew etc who single handedly murdered us (hat trick no less) v villa last year because no one else could out muscle him. Faye 100% would have stoped him but Keegan had him on the bench.

Cacapa is NOT cut out for the premiership, on the plus side he's very experienced and quite a tidy passer etc at times but he is too old, slow, weak in the air and indecisive at times. He's too slow for many top CF's and too weak for the bigger lads.

I rate Taylor but he's still a young lad and certainly last year was still no match physically for the likes of Carew, Ashton, Drogba etc he needs a powerhouse rock beside him like Faye. Maybe hes bulked out a bit but i'm certainly worried not enough. Colocinni is 6'0 which isn't all that big for a CB, a very classy CB he is, i might be wrong but doesn't strike me as a powerhouse type of CB, which now Faye has gone we desperately need.

Bassong is also quite young, 6'0 and unproven.

Guest neesy111

faye is not as good what some fan's make out, you would of thought it was a top class player leaving with some ppl's reaction

faye is not as good what some fan's make out, you would of thought it was a top class player leaving with some ppl's reaction

Best defender we had for years though...

Seems a very strange decision - can only presume he doesn't like it here. Maybe it's something to do with how we treated Fat Sam, maybe he really does actually just like the North West. Maybe he has a lovechild there.

Don't think he's brilliant but thought him and Colo could have been pretty decent together. Don't mind Colo/Taylor but Cacapa and Edgar as back up makes for pretty vile reading.

i'd personally rate faye in about the £4-6m bracket myself, i'm sad to see him leaving tbh, he'd have been a rock with colo i'd imagine.

as people have said; if its family/personal reasons then fair enough but if its for somethin like money then he has zero ambition and a tiny brain..........but i doubt its that.

hope he stays, if poss