Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

Guest gene77

Remember reading somewhere about some kind of bust up during half time of the Everton match. If that's true, might explain why he wants out and why we want shot of.

Guest Darth Toon

Bit of a strange one as I rated him as a good solid centre half - I know KK likes his defenders to be able to play a bit too mind, and big Abdoulaye wasn't the best on the ball, plus if he's been causing bother in the dressing room as has been suggested then i guess he had to go....

Bit of a strange one as I rated him as a good solid centre half - I know KK likes his defenders to be able to play a bit too mind, and big Abdoulaye wasn't the best on the ball, plus if he's been causing bother in the dressing room as has been suggested then i guess he had to go....

Bit of an urban myth that one I think. Must be something to do with him being tall. He was certainly no worse than any of our other centre backs, and I remember being impressed with his passing range when he played as our DM on occasion; it was certainly better than Butt's.

Well not really that concerned.

Over rated by a lot on here just so they can put the boot in to Taylor, quite comical really.

A decent player though, but it does sound like his head wasn't here, if so we are certainly better off without his limited talent at his age and no doubt joke of a contract.

Guest POWNATS

Sell Faye.....keep Taylor :clap:

This some kinda wind up

Let nothing stand in the way of NUFC's persuit of mediocrity

Some people here - Jesus! Wait - There's a smilie for it -  :doh:

Here's a tip people: take the time to read other people's posts. The fact that Faye wanted to move back to the North-West was mentioned ten or fifteen pages ago, and on every other page since. Baggio was even good enough to bold it on the bottom of page 25.

The Magpies defender joined the club from Bolton last summer and clearly impressed Pulis during an FA Cup tie at the Britannia Stadium in January.

Anyone who saw him [Abdoulaye Faye] that day will know why hes attracted us, Pulis told the Stoke Sentinel.

Hes a big lad who has plenty of experience at Premier League level in such an important area of the pitch.

He wants to move back to the North West and that has been a help in trying to get him here.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/08/15/Premier-League-Pulis-on-Faye-deals/

So please stop it with the mongtastic, hysterical hyperbole. Faye didn't want to be here.

It's less than two hours away, perhaps, well, there are indications in quotes littered throughout this thread that he sees a ten minute commute and playing every week in a low profile club as more important than what we can offer.

And yes 2.25m is not the fee we might hope for, but how many clubs are there a) in the North West b) who want him c) will agree terms with the player. Maybe Keegan/Ashley/Wise realised a big fee wasn't going to happen and moved expeditiously, rather than with capitalistic instinct?

Can we please just calm down a bit, people?

Bit of an urban myth that one I think. Must be something to do with him being tall. He was certainly no worse than any of our other centre backs, and I remember being impressed with his passing range when he played as our DM on occasion; it was certainly better than Butt's.

I believe Nicky Butt's is well past his best but there is no way Faye was a better passer of the ball. I thought you dutch lads knew the beautiful game I guess that is a urban myth.

I believe Nicky Butt's is well past his best but there is no way Faye was a better passer of the ball. I thought you dutch lads knew the beautiful game I guess that is a urban myth.

Oh snap!

Guest newcastle4life

With the size of the squad cant see why we are getting rid of him useful player, will need to sign a replacment.

Just heard about this from the Stoke supporter at work:

http://www.stokecityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10310~1371834,00.html

Chief Executive Tony Scholes has revealed the club are desperately trying to complete the formalities of Abdoulaye Faye's work permit ahead of Saturday's clash against Aston Villa.

The former Newcastle United star agreed a deal with the Potters last week, subject to a work permit, and Scholes admits it is close to being completed.

Apparently if they can't get the permit the deal's off.  ???

Can't see it not going through like, but weird how he has to reapply after 3 years in the prem.

Does this mean that say if Martins was to give up playing for Nigeria we'd not be able to sell him to anyone else in England, or even Europe?

Chief Executive Tony Scholes has revealed the club are desperately trying to complete the formalities of Abdoulaye Faye's work permit ahead of Saturday's clash against Aston Villa.

The former Newcastle United star agreed a deal with the Potters last week, subject to a work permit, and Scholes admits it is close to being completed.

Can't see it not going through like, but weird how he has to reapply after 3 years in the prem.

Does this mean that say if Martins was to give up playing for Nigeria we'd not be able to sell him to anyone else in England, or even Europe?

No because he's got an Italian passport since he lived there for 7 years or so.

As for Faye, you have to re apply for every move, its normal practise.

I thought he was on the bench, or was that Amady?

How does someone who is from Senegal become homesick for the North West anyway? ???

And when did Stoke move to the North West? ;)

Anyway, there's no room in football for players with confusingly similar names. This Faye and Faye business is irritating.

I'm only just over the two Gary Stevens.

Gary Steven was the Everton one. Gary Stevens was the Tottenham one who got wiped out by Vinny Jones by the touchline and has been crying since.  :thup:

Trevor Steven Everton winger, Gary Stevens (blonde) Everton fullback, Gary Stevens (dark) Spurs fullback

You even have to reapply if you sign a new contract with your existing club.

Anyway, Abdoulaye will be fine I'm sure as you need to play something like 75% of your national team's matches in the previous 2 years, which I'm sure he has, in order to get a work permit without an appeal.

Even if he didn't meet that, it then goes to an appeals panel who would look at his individual case and I'm sure that he'd be fine on that score as well, having played a consistently high number of matches (when available) in the Premier League over the last few years.

Apparently if they can't get the permit the deal's off.   ???

You even have to reapply if you sign a new contract with your existing club.

Anyway, Abdoulaye will be fine I'm sure as you need to play something like 75% of your national team's matches in the previous 2 years, which I'm sure he has, in order to get a work permit without an appeal.

Even if he didn't meet that, it then goes to an appeals panel who would look at his individual case and I'm sure that he'd be fine on that score as well, having played a consistently high number of matches (when available) in the Premier League over the last few years.

He hasn't played 75% because of injury, Stoke have to get a statement from the national coach and their doctor to confirm he was injured and that he would have been selected if fit.

Apparently if they can't get the permit the deal's off.   ???

I thought he was on the bench, or was that Amady?

I'm sure i saw both on the bench..

Stoke: Sorensen, Wilkinson (Dickinson 76), Cort, Shawcross, Griffin, Delap, Olofinjana, Whelan (Lawrence 56), Cresswell, Kitson, Sidibe (Fuller 65).

Subs Not Used: Simonsen, Pericard, Diao, Amdy Faye.