Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

fucking disgraceful piece of business. Haven't been this pissed off about a player being sold since Bellamy/Robert

we needed another CB to start with, now we need 2  more to go into the season looking comfortable in that position

Guest the_guv_nor

just heard about the faye deal. i'm totally gutted, i personally thought he was one of our most solid defenders last season, played well in midfield at times too.

seems like a pointless sale, £2m is nowt in football these days, even if he was'nt gonna be in the starting line up he would be excellent cover. I can only assume he wanted to be away, but if so why go to stoke??

f***ing disgraceful piece of business. Haven't been this pissed off about a player being sold since Bellamy/Robert

we needed another CB to start with, now we need 2 more to go into the season looking comfortable in that position

You like to be a bit dramatic don't you. How the hell do we need two more CBs? Colo, Taylor, Cacapa, Bassong, Edgar?

The fact not one of them is proven to perform consistently in the prem? It's not ideal but it will just about do though i reckon.

f***ing disgraceful piece of business. Haven't been this pissed off about a player being sold since Bellamy/Robert

we needed another CB to start with, now we need 2  more to go into the season looking comfortable in that position

You like to be a bit dramatic don't you. How the hell do we need two more CBs? Colo, Taylor, Cacapa, Bassong, Edgar?

well 2 have never played in the premiership, one is 20 and clearly way out of his depth in the premiership, one is getting old and the other is imo a poor defender at this level

Coloccini is fantastic, but there is nobody up to the job of partnering him or replacing him if injured

well 2 have never played in the premiership, one is 20 and clearly way out of his depth in the premiership, one is getting old and the other is imo a poor defender at this level

Coloccini is fantastic, but there is nobody up to the job of partnering him or replacing him if injured

You spent the majority of last season telling everyone how good Cacapa was, now you're saying he's not up to the job of filling in?!

Faye's gone and he needs replacing but people on here go way over the top.

Would like Jonny Evans now, I know he is still young but he was Sunderlands entire defence last season and although Coloccini is new to the league he is still an experienced defender so with Cacapa we have the defenders who have been around a bit.

You spent the majority of last season telling everyone how good Cacapa was, now you're saying he's not up to the job of filling in?!

Faye's gone and he needs replacing but people on here go way over the top.

I have always maintained that I like Cacapa, but he isn't the right player to partner Coloccini. Faye was a good partner for him

Would like Jonny Evans now, I know he is still young but he was Sunderlands entire defence last season and although Coloccini is new to the league he is still an experienced defender so with Cacapa we have the defenders who have been around a bit.

I'm not so sure. Looks a little too much like Pete Doherty...

I'm pretty gutted we have sold Faye.  I can only presume that his wages are an issue and because we rate Taylor and Coloccini ahead of him. It would be too expensive to keep him just for backup.

I don't know what this lad had done wrong, as for me he appeared to be one of the better players in defence last season.  My preferred centre back pairing would have been Coloccini and Faye.

I'm pretty gutted we have sold Faye.  I can only presume that his wages are an issue and because we rate Taylor and Coloccini ahead of him. It would be too expensive to keep him just for backup.

I don't know what this lad had done wrong, as for me he appeared to be one of the better players in defence last season.  My preferred centre back pairing would have been Coloccini and Faye.

The Magpies defender joined the club from Bolton last summer and clearly impressed Pulis during an FA Cup tie at the Britannia Stadium in January.

“Anyone who saw him [Abdoulaye Faye] that day will know why he’s attracted us,” Pulis told the Stoke Sentinel.

“He’s a big lad who has plenty of experience at Premier League level in such an important area of the pitch.

“He wants to move back to the North West and that has been a help in trying to get him here.”

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/08/15/Premier-League-Pulis-on-Faye-deals/

Jon fuck off before you even start. :lol:

The Magpies defender joined the club from Bolton last summer and clearly impressed Pulis during an FA Cup tie at the Britannia Stadium in January.

“Anyone who saw him [Abdoulaye Faye] that day will know why he’s attracted us,” Pulis told the Stoke Sentinel.

“He’s a big lad who has plenty of experience at Premier League level in such an important area of the pitch.

“He wants to move back to the North West and that has been a help in trying to get him here.”

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/08/15/Premier-League-Pulis-on-Faye-deals/

Cheers.  O0

Jon fuck off before you even start. :lol:

I don't think you look like Pete, honestly Mike I don't.

How does someone who is from Senegal become homesick for the North West anyway? ???

that's like the lead in to a bernard manning joke!

:lol: :lol:

do me a favour and try to continue it

'fraid i'm simply not that talented mate...there's plenty on here who i'm sure could take it on and run with it though...who's that lad always thowing shit in about "the jews", he'll no doubt have a fucken field day!!!

How does someone who is from Senegal become homesick for the North West anyway? ???

that's like the lead in to a bernard manning joke!

:lol: :lol:

do me a favour and try to continue it

There was this Black fella a Nun and Nazi in Stoke city centre!