ITV

Dokko

What a thread :lol: Hall of Fame tbh, marky555 - :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, stupid me, when the game was on the radio and went to penalties i said "right, ill watch Prison Break and wait for an hour for the penalties because its better to WATCH them than to listen, you get to see the saves and the goals, plus its more nervy"

Can i just say when they said "we are joining at 4-4" i nearly shit myself, i was furious :lol:

people who get this upset over how much coverage we got probably shouldn't watch full highlights anyway, for the sake of their blood pressure

precious tbh.

aye but is does follow on from the way highlights are covered these days,ie extended highlights of man u,arsenal,chelsea,liverpool........................wouldn't it be interesting to see what would happen if each game was given equal time,viewing figures etc.

Guest Invicta_Toon

people who get this upset over how much coverage we got probably shouldn't watch full highlights anyway, for the sake of their blood pressure

precious tbh.

aye but is does follow on from the way highlights are covered these days,ie extended highlights of man u,arsenal,chelsea,liverpool........................wouldn't it be interesting to see what would happen if each game was given equal time,viewing figures etc.

you'd be complaining that Sheffield Utd v Watford got the same time as NUFC v ManUre

Who gives a flying f*ck how much coverage we get.

Anyway i thought everyone thought we were in the shit and a joke of a club. If true you cant complain that the TV dont want to show us.

The people who couldn't get to the match might want to see some decent coverage of their team and how well they played. I don't see how you can fail to understand this.

ITV ARE ABSOLUTE WANKERS

Sorry to repeat everyone else but need to get shit out about tonights "highlights", ****ing unbelievable in the words of tim krul.

man utd gettin fuckin half the programme, they were on sky tonight for starters, fair enough it was a big shock result, but the other ties tonight were very very important to both prem managers involved, and were both great cup ties in terms of goals etc.

Even Man utd game aside, fair enough, like the man utd game, charlton were playing underdogs, but we all knew about theyre previous round results (i.e.man city and west ham), so was it really relavant to make shit montages of all their ****ing goals, taking more time up?

ask any charlton or chesterfield fan and id guarantee theyd rather watch more of the game than ****ing shit from previous games.

So.....more ****ing montages, mean we end up joining our ****ing penalty shootout after a 2-2 game......at 4 ****ING 4.

"We joined the penalties at 4-4"says Matt Cockface Smith...

I nearly picked me tele up and threw it off me mates head I was that pissed off.

Shit "highlights" courtesy of Watford FC CCTV Department, **** OFF ITV.

Oh and Robbie Earle's excellent idea ...." You know what it is...If I was Glenn Roeder I'd try and win this cup"

NO ****ING SHIT ROBBIE, DO YOU THINK GLENN SHOULD TRY AND WIN IT DO YOU? I WONDER IF HE WANTS TO WIN IT? HMM...LET ME THINK...HOW ABOUT YOU GO AND BOIL YOUR ****ING HEAD YOU SELLOUT ****!

I wonder how more pissed off I'd be If I supported Wycombe or Notts County?Fuckin hell!

Thats all.

Can sigs be this big? :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Anyway i thought everyone thought we were in the shit and a joke of a club. If true you cant complain that the TV dont want to show us.

The people who couldn't get to the match might want to see some decent coverage of their team and how well they played. I don't see how you can fail to understand this.

by accounts the 3 mins was the only bit of decent football..

Perfectly understandable. Should i demand that every game be shown on TV as i live abroad and want to see decent coverage of my team and how well they played? (hang on...)

Anyway, the point is we are low interest hence the shit coverage. Its not a slight on geordies, just the business of TV.

Perfectly understandable. Should i demand that every game be shown on TV as i live abroad and want to see decent coverage of my team and how well they played? (hang on...)

Anyway, the point is we are low interest hence the shit coverage. Its not a slight on geordies, just the business of TV.

Being abroad is slightly different, don't you think?

I dispute that we are so low interest, especially amongst actual Newcastle fans. Yes we're not the draw we once were, but I just think devoting less than 5% of a programme's airtime to an all-Premiership tie is fucking laughable, especially the cutting short of the penalties.

Not going to argue about it any more, it's clear people disagree and don't care. I do, and i'm pretty sure the Watford fans feel the same.

Guest marky555

just sent this to itv feedback.....fuckin knobheads.

Just thought I'd tell you how disgusted I was at the highlights of the Carling Cup tonight.

The show was dreadful, the pundits were awful, totally pointless comments that a group of ten of us in the room, all from different parts of the country who all support different football teams,  all burst out laughing at the completely braindead comments robbie earle was making!embarrassing ITV, absolutely embarrassing!

Half a programme for Man Utd, then the rest shared out between the other teams? Was it Watford's CCTV cameras that captured the Newcastle game? Or was it my uncle on his camcorder?

Whatever it was it was awful!

BBC all the way, ask any football fan, your world cup coverage was dreadful and outdated, while the BBC was fantastic.

I sleep well knowing that when the weekend comes I can watch the Premiership highlights on BBC and not on your joke of a channel.

Still, you make loads of money so I bet you don't really care, but soon as this advertising on the internet really starts to take over I hope ITV gets shut down because its dreadful.

Thanks for listening, would really appreciate an email back.

Guest Toon Barmy

I sent this to them

"Can I just say what an absolute shambles of a programme ITV have produced in their "coverage" of the carling cup games? 

Tonight's debacle really took the biscuit.

The cheap set, stilted uncomfortable presenter and pundit (who looked like strangers who have just met at a railway station, making small talk while waiting for their night train home)

Is truely an absolute insult to the viewer. 

I will overlook the programmes bias towards Manchester United, as it was for once a pleasure to watch them get dumped out of the cup. 

What amazed me most was the amateurish approach to this highlights package.  You had 4 games to cover, not 40. 

So can someone please give me a valid reason why the Watford v Newcastle game was given 3 minutes of air time, 3 minutes?  Why there was no team sheets given before the game? (saying that, that would have doubled the airtime) and to add insult to injury we joined the penalty shoot-out for the final 2 kicks! 

It looked like it had been filmed on someone's mobile phone and as far as the editing!  What was the editor up to?  I've seen finer cuts from Fred Elliot and we all know what happened to him.

Come on ITV buck your ideas up, have some pride in your work, use some of the money you have taken from the regions football coverage and plough it into this show, make it a spectacle, a must see.

Only reply to this if you are going to address the comments made, don't bother if you are going to fob me off with some half arsed generic reply."

Oh and Robbie Earle's excellent idea ...." You know what it is...If I was Glenn Roeder I'd try and win this cup"

NO ****ING SHIT ROBBIE, DO YOU THINK GLENN SHOULD TRY AND WIN IT DO YOU? I WONDER IF HE WANTS TO WIN IT? HMM...LET ME THINK...HOW ABOUT YOU GO AND BOIL YOUR ****ING HEAD YOU SELLOUT ****!

:lol:

My favourite bit of an excellent rant.

ITV ARE ABSOLUTE WANKERS

Sorry to repeat everyone else but need to get shit out about tonights "highlights", ****ing unbelievable in the words of tim krul.

man utd gettin fuckin half the programme, they were on sky tonight for starters, fair enough it was a big shock result, but the other ties tonight were very very important to both prem managers involved, and were both great cup ties in terms of goals etc.

Even Man utd game aside, fair enough, like the man utd game, charlton were playing underdogs, but we all knew about theyre previous round results (i.e.man city and west ham), so was it really relavant to make shit montages of all their ****ing goals, taking more time up?

ask any charlton or chesterfield fan and id guarantee theyd rather watch more of the game than ****ing shit from previous games.

So.....more ****ing montages, mean we end up joining our ****ing penalty shootout after a 2-2 game......at 4 ****ING 4.

"We joined the penalties at 4-4"says Matt Cockface Smith...

I nearly picked me tele up and threw it off me mates head I was that pissed off.

Shit "highlights" courtesy of Watford FC CCTV Department, **** OFF ITV.

I wonder how more pissed off I'd be If I supported Wycombe or Notts County?Fuckin hell!

Thats all.

Quality rant I must say  bluebiggrin.gif  Totally agree by the way  :thup:

Guest dasflenst

Couldn't agree more.  I'v never been impressed with ITV.  The Championship on a Sunday morning is also shite, sometimes not showing certain team's goals.  Having watched the Man U game and pissed myself laughing, I waited for the highlights only to find they're showing Man U again.  This is understandable as it was an attractive game for neutrals but devoting most of the show to them is a disgrace.  I waited so long for our game I ended up falling asleep and missing the lot!  (well, all 3 mins apparently). 

Its what you get when you allow people who have not got a clue about football design, produce and edit a football prog.

They'd have been more at home doing Big Brother, where no brains or ability are required to make or for that matter WATCH the prog.

I really can't believe this thread. I think people have every right to get f*cked off with us getting 3 minutes of highlights especially if you have to get up early for work the next day (like I did) and you stay up till gone 12 to catch less action than a sandals holiday!