Woodgate or Coloccini

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thing is, before the Liverpool game a hell of a lot on this forum (if not a clear majority) we're calling him a very good defender.

A few bad games doesn't equal a bad a player, especially not in his first season in a new country.

Woodgate has always been far more injury prone and Coloccini has that little bit more class. Although Woodgate provides more of a physical presence than Fab'. They both have their pro's and con's but in our current and even previous back four (the one with Woodgate in) I rekcon Fab' would've probably been the better option...

Woodgate has always been far more injury prone and Coloccini has that little bit more class. Although Woodgate provides more of a physical presence than Fab'. They both have their pro's and con's but in our current and even previous back four (the one with Woodgate in) I rekcon Fab' would've probably been the better option...

I think Woodgate is a better Taylor and I think a Taylor-Colo type partnership works very well

I think Woodgate is a better Taylor and I think a Taylor-Colo type partnership works very well

Yeah, I reckon Woodgate and Fabricio would have been quality...

providing Woodgate was fit all the time

providing Woodgate was fit all the time

Aye.

Woodgate played behind Speed and Dyer, mate. The only thing he has/had on Coloccini is strength and perhaps heading ability.

I like Colo at the moment, but that's bollocks. He was one of the top defenders in Europe, excellent anticipation, tackling, everything really.

That's why he ended up at Boro.

That's why Colo ended up in the Championship.

Woodgate was the better player, as I said.

I also never said that Colo was one of europe's top defenders, which is the point about Woodgate that I was responding to.

I'm not claiming to be an authority on European football BTW, all I'm saying is that of all the football I watched during the time he played for us, Woodgate stood out as being brilliant.

And yes, he ended up at Boro, but if he'd been fit he would have probably ended up at Man Utd.

That's why he ended up at Boro.

More to the point, that's why Real Madrid splashed out £13m on a crock. Clearly very highly rated.

Had he not been so injury prone, the fee could easily have been three times as much. Woodgate during his time here, when fit, was a better pure defender than Rio Ferdinand.

Would take Colo over Woodgate every day of the week.  Colo has a bit more class about him and is fit far more often.

Despite the fact I rate Woodgate higher, I am still much happier to have the Argie here. He came with a reputation of being virtually unbreakable and so far he's lived up to it. I reckon he will be ok in the premier provided we can upgrade the midfield by then.

Selling Woodgate for £13m was the best piece of business Fat Fred ever did.