Woodgate or Coloccini

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Stephen927

Coloccini. Woodgates fitness will always be in question for me, but saying that he was very good when he did play for us.

Collo hasn't played yet in the prem, the comparision is ridiculous.

Woodgate in his prime was the best defender I have ever seen, if Collo ends up being better than Woodgate then we will have a steal.

Woodgate in his prime was the best defender I have ever seen, if Collo ends up being better than Woodgate then we will have a steal.

Woogdate's prime has been and gone though, don't forget that. I believe we are judging them both on current ability.

Tough call.

Coloccini is yet to play a game in the Premiership. But he did play every game for Deportivo last season.

And if Woodgate wanted to be here, he would be.

That doesn't make Woodgate a worse player though.Haven't seen much of Colo,but he's very athletic and reads the game exceptionally well,in fact very like Woodgate,who i still believe to be the best English cetre back.

Woogdate's prime has been and gone though, don't forget that. I believe we are judging them both on current ability.

Fair enough, but I still will have to wait and see how Collo adapts to the premiership, on paper I would take Collo given his last season and consistency but there is always an element of doubt re foreign players adapting.

Not surprised at the results on here....no bias or owt

I wonder what the results would be if we had Woody and Colo had just signed for Spuds?  I`d guess the opposite and the fans would be going on about how unproven he is, how many clubs he couldn`t settle at and so on......