Manchester United 1 - 1 Newcastle - 17/08/08 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

I had a great time in the pub today watching this game.  Great result, not many teams will go to Old Trafford and come away with a point!

Thought we played very well, everyone did a good job.  Jonas, Guthrie, Taylor, Coloccini and Martins all played excellent imo.

If we add Tiago and Saviola to this squad then I think we will definitley finish few spots higher than last season.

Hope we don't chuck away this point by dropping points against Bolton.

:)

Guest Brewcastle

Keegan have brought back the entertainment. Well done Lads!

Can't wait for the next match.

I'm really happy for Jonas joining NUFC.  But promising from the other two new too. :clap:

Given - 9       Excellent

Beye - 6        Did his job, nothing special

Coloccini - 6  Did his job, nothing special

Taylor - 7      Impressive

N'Zogbia - 5  Below par

Butt - 6         Did his job, nothing special

Guthrie - 7    Impressive

Milner - 6      Did his job, nothing special

Jonas - 8,5   Very, very good

Duff - 5         Below par   

Martins - 7    Impressive

Youve got, 4 doing nothing special, and 2 below par, to get a draw at OT. FFS some people are never happy.

N'Zogbia - 5  Below par

Youve got, 4 doing nothing special, and 2 below par, to get a draw at OT. FFS some people are never happy.

I'm delighted, but I'm being realistic. No one had the game of their life, apart from maybe given and jonas (so far). And tbf man utd were absolutly shite.

People say coloccini was excellent and all that. The truth is he was a mess the first 20 mins, but upped his game. I know it's his first game, but it's a little early to jizz all over him this soon when he wasn't incredible...

this threads turned into a work of genius: not a single poster has said anything really bad about the game or our performance the day yet people are picking tiny little holes in what's written just to prove some kind of point no-ones interested in

Couldn't be arsed to read your post but I read the word holes, I assume you meant holes in our defence, Coloccini is part of our defence so I assume you are saying he is shite and a waste of £10m.

Why don't you go and support Chelsea then!

this threads turned into a work of genius: not a single poster has said anything really bad about the game or our performance the day yet people are picking tiny little holes in what's written just to prove some kind of point no-ones interested in

Couldn't be arsed to read your post but I read the word holes, I assume you meant holes in our defence, Coloccini is part of our defence so I assume you are saying he is shite and a waste of £10m.

belly laugh dude, belly laugh, well played

Couldn't be arsed to read your post but I read the word holes, I assume you meant holes in our defence, Coloccini is part of our defence so I assume you are saying he is s**** and a waste of £10m.

:lol:

N'Zogbia - 5  Below par

I'm delighted, but I'm being realistic. No one had the game of their life, apart from maybe given and jonas (so far). And tbf man utd were absolutly s****.

People say coloccini was excellent and all that. The truth is he was a mess the first 20 mins, but upped his game. I know it's his first game, but it's a little early to jizz all over him this soon when he wasn't incredible...

you have to put todays performance in perspective,

i score it thus, the whole team gets 10 out of 10, for going to old trafford, and not only taking on manchester utd, but the whole      f-king press, and the media, and the keegan doubters, and the mongs who report disharmony at the club,and Declaring,

WE ARE BACK!!!!!!!

N'Zogbia - 5  Below par

I'm delighted, but I'm being realistic. No one had the game of their life, apart from maybe given and jonas (so far). And tbf man utd were absolutly s****.

I dont think Manure played shit....thats a little harsh considering Sir Alex is a brilliant tactician and never gets anything wrong.  

Honestly tho, it could be the drink, it could be common sense...but we matched everything those cocky fucking bastards threw at us today and even gave them a scare.  

Im not getting 'fuck me were gaanaaa win the laaauge' on you all, but considering the performance the TEAM put in today...I think we deserve our little praise for today.

Given - 9      Excellent

N'Zogbia - 5  Below par

Butt - 6        Did his job, nothing special

Jonas - 8,5  Very, very good

Duff - 5        Below par 

you have to put todays performance in perspective,

i score it thus, the whole team gets 10 out of 10, for going to old trafford, and not only taking on manchester utd, but the whole      f-king press, and the media, and the keegan doubters, and the mongs who report disharmony at the club,and Declaring,

WE ARE BACK!!!!!!!

:clap: this!

Just got in and switched on Sky Sports News and the teletext to be told that ManUre didn't mangage to beat us was down to the fact that they didn't have all of thier players fit.  Srange, as we've been told for year that they have such strength in depth and we obviously had a first eleven out there.  Cnuts.

Was impressed with Collocini, Jonas and Guthrie.  Thought the match mostly passed Butt and Duff by and just another nail in the coffin of the rumour that N'Zogbia is a full back.

Mike Riley should never be allowed to referee another Manure match ever again.

As someone else said, its not only the result thats impressive its the performance. We took the game to Manchester United and didn't just try to contain and adopt a damage limitation exercise like a lot of other teams do. This is a good sign for the rest of the season. I'm not going to lie I backed Allardyce but his approach was sometimes very fucking scary.

Just got in and switched on Sky Sports News and the teletext to be told that ManUre didn't mangage to beat us was down to the fact that they didn't have all of thier players fit.  Srange, as we've been told for year that they have such strength in depth and we obviously had a first eleven out there.  Cnuts.

Was impressed with Collocini, Jonas and Guthrie.  Thought the match mostly passed Butt and Duff by and just another nail in the coffin of the rumour that N'Zogbia is a full back.

agree that he's a twat of the highest order....but have to say I admire him for not bottling it and calling the last minute freekick exactly what it was. a freekick. almost shit myself as he would have normally called a penalty there

agree that he's a twat of the highest order....but have to say I admire him for not bottling it and calling the last minute freekick exactly what it was. a freekick. almost shit myself as he would have normally called a penalty there

Even he couldn't have gotten away with that one - the one where Jonas got taken down in the first half stuck my in my throat, only for the cheating, red card earning (on  a level playing field) Campbell to get a softer one late on that half.