Manchester United 1 - 1 Newcastle - 17/08/08 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

no "over-reaction" here as i'm still delighted with the performance but:

butt:  disgrace (passing)

milner & taylor: all effort no quality

duff:  fuck off, seriously, i know he's fit and that now but really, please, just take your wages and lack of end product somewhere else

rest of 'em: mint - howay the lads

More than harsh where Taylor's concerned I think.

I thought Taylor had a good game. Milner didn't provide much of an outlet, and Duff went predictably back into his shell after enjoying the friendlies.

no "over-reaction" here as i'm still delighted with the performance but:

butt:  disgrace (passing)

milner & taylor: all effort no quality

duff:  fuck off, seriously, i know he's fit and that now but really, please, just take your wages and lack of end product somewhere else

rest of 'em: mint - howay the lads

More than harsh where Taylor's concerned I think.

Taylor played really well.

similar to colo in that he got better as the game went on, maybe under instruction?  watch the first few minutes again i feel sorry for colo, must have wondered what he joined 'cause taylor was chasing shadows

anyways, yeah, he got better and ended up a decent game...still have that nagging doubt about him though that he's gonna go chasing something

Good game, well done lads!

The old NUFC is back looking at style of play.

When was the last time we saw our side play shortpassing as good as today? More than 5 years ago definately. 

A good shortpassing game will get us many 3 pointers against weaker sides. I can see St James's becoming a fortress again.

Good game, well done lads!

The old NUFC is back looking at style of play.

When was the last time we saw our side play shortpassing as good as today? More than 5 years ago definately. 

A good shortpassing game will get us many 3 pointers against weaker sides. I can see St James's becoming a fortress again.

Its simple , Keegan Sends his teams out to play football in a positive manner, and as it happens, you score more goals, and win more points.

Its no co-incidence that the more attacking sides finish the season at the top end of the league,... where KK will take us,... that i have no doubt, and have been saying it all summmer.

Seasons started with Keegan as Manager,..1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd

Taylor played well with the exception of one early mistake

one?  generous dude, generous...but after he got beyond the disputed period he was good, agreed

I saw him slip once but apart from that he was in the right place at the right time and looked solid in the air. I'm not a fan of him either but he looked a good defender today

Duff, you're being harsh on aswell tbh. He had no chance to shine today because it was always tight in his area of the pitch and he was expected to support the midfield especially in the 2nd 45. He didn't give the ball away and never stopped moving which created space for Jonas and Martins

Milner on the other hand, woeful excuse for a footballer, no matter how hard he tries

one?  generous dude, generous...but after he got beyond the disputed period he was good, agreed

I saw him slip once but apart from that he was in the right place at the right time and looked solid in the air. I'm not a fan of him either but he looked a good defender today

Duff, you're being harsh on aswell tbh. He had no chance to shine today because it was always tight in his area of the pitch and he was expected to support the midfield especially in the 2nd 45. He didn't give the ball away and never stopped moving which created space for Jonas and Martins

Milner on the other hand, woeful excuse for a footballer, no matter how hard he tries

just think duff was the same as always...i was wanting to chuck my pint everytime he passed the ball onto someone else when he got anywhere near the goal, he's got no bottle, to be frank he simply has nothing to offer that i can see although granted he put the effort in the day

taylor, maybe i got hooked on the one moment in the first few minutes where he was almost outside the ground, would still rather be seeing faye though

I was amazed the way we kept our shape, it was clearly a 4-5-1, but it wasn't a boring negative formation, we still went for it. We always had at least 8 or 9 behind the ball, 11 on set pieces, fantastic.  Also brilliant to see Given back to his best, making reaction saves, scrambling across goal to stop Scholes, diving low to his right, and also coming out to deal with several really tricky crosses, I'm really chuffed about Given now for the season!!

I probably don't need to say that I thought Duff was our worst player. When I see him play, I'm somehow reminded of a line from Mark Kermode's review of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - "Nothing happened. I mean, a bunch of stuff happened but nothing actually happened."

I probably don't need to say that I thought Duff was our worst player. When I see him play, I'm somehow reminded of a line from Mark Kermode's review of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - "Nothing happened. I mean, a bunch of stuff happened but nothing actually happened."

:lol:

Thought the game showed we need a left back and a central midfielder. Interesting to see if Enrique plays against Bolton. i thought we needed two CM before today but was impressed with Guthrie. Duff was OK but is a squad player now. Anyone know why Cacapa didn't make the bench?

just think duff was the same as always...i was wanting to chuck my pint everytime he passed the ball onto someone else when he got anywhere near the goal, he's got no bottle

which is exactly what Shearer did in his last 3 seasons, he knew his limitations, Duff isn't going to outpace Ferdinand, Evra or Vidic, he played the easy ball. Not saying he had a paticularly good game, but he was decent.

No bottle? I'm sorry mate but shut-up

I said in the pre-match thread that once the season proper started that Duff would disappear up his own arse as usual. He buzzed around looking busy but the few times he got the ball on the break he bottled it and faffed around allowing Man u to get back and re-group.

Enrique in, Duff out next match please.

just think duff was the same as always...i was wanting to chuck my pint everytime he passed the ball onto someone else when he got anywhere near the goal, he's got no bottle

which is exactly what Shearer did in his last 3 seasons, he knew his limitations, Duff isn't going to outpace Ferdinand, Evra or Vidic, he played the easy ball. Not saying he had a paticularly good game, but he was decent.

shut up?  how old are you man?

he has no bottle in the sense that he never, once, went at a man, dove into a tackle or did anything remotely dangerous the entire game...he danced about like wayne bastard sleep in the middle of the park

people have this smith thing going one, WATCH duff, really watch him then you'll be able to cultivate some dislike, he's a fucking charlatan

I said in the pre-match thread that once the season proper started that Duff would disappear up his own arse as usual. He buzzed around looking busy but the few times he got the ball on the break he bottled it and faffed around allowing Man u to get back and re-group.

Enrique in, Duff out next match please.

this - whoever that fucking smart arse was telling me to shut up, this...

shut up?  how old are you man?

he has no bottle in the sense that he never, once, went at a man, dove into a tackle or did anything remotely dangerous the entire game...he danced about like wayne b****** sleep in the middle of the park

people have this smith thing going one, WATCH duff, really watch him then you'll be able to cultivate some dislike, he's a f***ing charlatan

how much dislike have you already cultivated for Coloccini btw?

you're a funny poster so I dont want to discourage you but you've posted some really daft stuff tonight