Manchester United 1 - 1 Newcastle - 17/08/08 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

:lol: Lee Dixon is such a horrendous pundit.

In depth analysis from Hansen, talking about his defensive qualities (not so obvious to the cretins), aside from his attacking ability. Then Dixon.

"He's got pace and that scares defenders."

:clap:

Chuffed with that. It was difficult for them to pick out decent general play and defending as part of a highlights programme; they've got to show the goal-chances. After that it was all about how well we played. :thup:

Chuffed with that. It was difficult for them to pick out decent general play and defending as part of a highlights programme; they've got to show the goal-chances. After that it was all about how well we played. :thup:

I feel a little guilty now :D

Guest Toon1981

In depth analysis from Hansen, talking about his defensive qualities (not so obvious to the cretins), aside from his attacking ability. Then Dixon.

I hate the way Dixon, Shearer et al repeat cliches with gravitas, as if they're letting you into a proper secret.  Garth Crooks is absolutely the worst ever for this, he tries to make banality sound like the essence of truth.  Idiot.

I hate the way Dixon, Shearer et al repeat cliches with gravitas, as if they're letting you into a proper secret.  Garth Crooks is absolutely the worst ever for this, he tries to make banality sound like the essence of truth.  Idiot.

If only he could reach the heady levels of banality.

Guest Toon1981

Lampard want's to whip out a bunch of £100 notes and slap them after scoring, not the Chelsea crest on his shirt.  £150,000 a week...

overall they edged it (given out MOTM should give you an idea).but.....but....they didn't win and we stuck in there and with the team they had out we should have tried tio dominate the last 20mins.

Guest Toon1981

If only he could reach the heady levels of banality.

Fair enough, he really is sub-banal.  I remember a brief stint he had on the beeb on the daily politics or some such, interviewing Politicos in exactly the same style.  That was a truly stunning piece of optimism on the part of the programme producer.  Unbelievable.

Lampard want's to whip out a bunch of £100 notes and slap them after scoring, not the Chelsea crest on his shirt.  £150,000 a week...

Why are people so concerned about how much footballers make?

Why shouldnt he demand the same money as other players at the club when he is more valuable to the club than the likes of Sheva and Ballack.

Guest Toon1981

Why shouldnt he demand the same money as other players at the club when he is more valuable to the club than the likes of Sheva and Ballack.

er, because it's a repulsive amount of cash for kicking a ball about, and makes it difficult for me to pretend to myself that players actually want to play for us (or anyone) for reasons other than lucre.  Don't really blame players mind.

er, because it's a repulsive amount of cash for kicking a ball about, and makes it difficult for me to pretend to myself that players actually want to play for us (or anyone) for reasons other than lucre.  Don't really blame players mind.

I really dont understand this debate that footballers are on to much, why shouldnt they have a fair slice of the money the club makes from sponsors, sky money, shirt sales etc etc.

Why dont people moan about formula 1 drivers or NBA stars? They r on more.

Who gives a shit if the aint all that loyal, as long as they do the business on the pitch thats all that matters.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/united-rubbish-without-ronaldo/

United Rubbish Without Ronaldo

…and Carlos Tevez, Owen Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson, Gary Neville, Louis Saha, Ji-Sung Park and Michael Carrick (for 65 minutes). You can imagine those names will be forgotten when the necessity for a striker is reported in tomorrows press, particularly in light of the result at Stamford Bridge.

:rolleyes:

The lacklustre showing from plenty of the players can only be matched by the crowd, who were largely outsung by those barmy Newcastle fans. Seeing them bobbing up and down, waving their shirts around their heads, you understand why those down south call us lot up north ‘monkeys’. We started the day well, singing of our success last season, as well as reminding Kevin Keegan that he was a sad geordie bastard, but bar a chant or two for Nemanja Vidic and Wayne Rooney, it was a poor showing from the home fans.

Fancy singing and showing support, what a bunch of Neanderthals, eh :lol:

See Allardyce was there. Be interesting to know what was going through his mind as we playing attacking, passing football at OT

"happier with a draw at reading tbh."

The useless cunt couldn't even manage that.