Shaun Wright-Phillips

Slim

Would love him here, said it for ages now.

Sell Duff for £5-£7 million, buy SWP for £9 - £12 million. Great bit of buisness that would be.

i've always liked optimism

Duff sold for £1-2m with SWP coming in would be great business, £5-7m for Duff would be delirium!

slugsy, you would quite literally be dead in the universe where duff went for more than 2m

Would love to see him playing for us, swapping him for Milner and making a loss of less than 5m on the exchange would be great business.

Alternatively, could see him being bought as a striker and think he's got the game to excel there too.

I'd imagine he's on ridiculous wages at Chelsea though, so I think he'd have to take a paycut to come, or maybe Chelsea will pay a % of his wages?

You couldn't turn down the chance to sign a talent like that, I don't care who has to make way for him.

I almost feel with SWP that he has too many options. He can get past people in situations where other players wouldn't have a chance. As a result, he doesn't always make the best decision.

Here's a wacky idea. How about we sell nobody (except Smith, he's a special case) and try to buy him? Use N'Zogbia through the middle, Gutierrez / Uselessinho (Duff) on the left and Milner / SWP on the right.

Here's a wacky idea. How about we sell nobody (except Smith, he's a special case) and try to buy him? Use N'Zogbia through the middle, Gutierrez / Uselessinho (Duff) on the left and Milner / SWP on the right.

Don't see N'Zogbia as a CM really. Too erratic, loses the ball much too much. Capable of some bits of quality though, out wide is really the spot for him.

Can quite happily say that i wouldnt want him here, 3 things, he'd be on unjustified high wages, isnt "the right age" 27 nearly 28, and has done fuck all with his talent preferring to sit on his arse and collect his wedge than use his talent. I hate that in a player.

No ambition whatsoever.

Guest POWNATS

SWP is one of very few players who can turn a game round, against any opposition.

On his day imo hes as good as Joe Cole

Problem is he seems to perform best when brought on as a sub, makes him a very expensive substitute

Still i would sell Milner to villa and buy him, if villa dont buy him first

Hes the type of player Keegan loves, reckon KK would get the best out of him, make him a first choice as he did at city

BUY HIM

Sell Milner, get him in for about 7m net that would be a good deal.

Keep Milner as well can cover alot of positions and we are already short

Left or right midfield isn't a lot. Plus he's average, don't want an average player no matter how many positions he can fill.

Guest Immsy7

Why Must We Sell To Buy? Am I Correct In Saying We Have A Billionaire Owner?

SWP/Milner - RM

Jonas/Zoggy/Duff - LM (Baring In Mind Zoggy Provides Cover At Left Back and Duff Provides Cover Up Top).

Guest sittingontheball

He's noticably declined at Chelsea and is rubbish for England, but maybe that shouldn't be a surprise, especially the latter.

SWP's better than Duff and Milner tho, so get him in! I think KK and regular starts could be what he needs.  On Man City form, he was fantastic. Even now, his crossing is still better than Milner and Duff.  While I know the squad is thin, Smith and Milner would be definite sales for me. Geremi/Barton can be used as cover on the right. Martins even, if injuries pile up.