Match Attendance: 47711

James

Like I've said, when I can get there and back in the same day, I'm going.

I've got no problem with that but I'm also sure others who didn't turn up will have had a reason, I'm sure they will feel that the reason they have is equally valid.

The clubs botched pay more for one year or commit for 3 years has come back to haunt them. You folks who think the mystical 52K will be back for the next game are wrong a lot of fans went today because they got in for £10 by buying the new 3rd strip.  I can see the club having very good offers on for non season ticket holders to go to the games with prices working out cheaper than those of season tickets for some games. It happened last year for the 3 home game package for Liverpool, Birmingham & another team.

The clubs botched pay more for one year or commit for 3 years has come back to haunt them. You folks who think the mystical 52K will be back for the next game are wrong a lot of fans went today because they got in for £10 by buying the new 3rd strip.  I can see the club having very good offers on for non season ticket holders to go to the games with prices working out cheaper than those of season tickets for some games. It happened last year for the 3 home game package for Liverpool, Birmingham & another team.

I'm sure they announced an offer for the Hull game today.

Looking slightly longer term than just this afternoon I'm pretty sure it won't have tbh.

Looking slightly longer term than just this afternoon I'm pretty sure it won't have tbh.

It has certainly has harmed this season numbers. We laughed at Sunderland when it was doing offers like "Quid in for kids" or giving people on benefits cheap tickets we are heading that way. Of course now we are doing it, the offers are to get younger fans in or price  for all parts of the community when the reality is there are not enough people willing or able to pay £500+.

Have a look at all the unsold tickets

http://www.nufc.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=NS&product=HCH09L&campaign=%20%20&type=H

It has certainly has harmed this season numbers. We laughed at Sunderland when it was doing offers like "Quid in for kids" or giving people on benefits cheap tickets we are heading that way. Of course now we are doing it, the offers are to get younger fans in or price  for all parts of the community when the reality is there are not enough people willing or able to pay £500+.

http://www.nufc.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=NS&product=HCH09L&campaign=%20%20&type=H

Looking slightly longer term than just this afternoon.........................

Like I said, it was just the corperates and the away section that were not full up. The corperates was as empty as it has ever been in the prem since the extension.

Nowt to worry about, the proper seats were filled by proper fans.

I'm sure the club would rather have it 90% full with £30 tickets than price them reasonably and make less money having it full, unfortunately.

Same thing happened when we qualified for the champions league. Empty seats all over because Shepherd got greedy.

Guest paulod

All the people who say 'i'd love to go but can't get a ticket' have been found out this season, better off without them, part time cnuts

I will get back to you after the Hull game, just so you can clearly understand I am not just talking about this afternoon game.

I will get back to you after the Hull game, just so can you clearly understand I am not just talking about this afternoon game.

That's far longer term O0

Proper fans?! :D

I rapped in at the end of 2006/2007 because I simply couldn't afford it anymore, especially with a youngster on the way. Since then, more people are finding it hard to make ends meet. A drop in attendances was always going to be inevitable.

I will get back to you after the Hull game, just so can you clearly understand I am not just talking about this afternoon game.

If you want to have a bit crack about crowds 3 seasons down the line, it is mystic Meg you need to have banter with.

If you want to have a bit crack about crowds 3 seasons down the line, it is mystic Meg you need to have banter with.

You started it!  (That sounds straight out of the playground :lol:)

I fully expect there to be 50,000+ against Hull.

The away section will be packed out, what with it being their first trip to a big premier league ground, they'll be going mental.

Should be a brilliant atmosphere.

Like I've said, when I can get there and back in the same day, I'm going.

I've got no problem with that but I'm also sure others who didn't turn up will have had a reason, I'm sure they will feel that the reason they have is equally valid.

Fair point.

To be fair a lot of the atmosphere was down to the new singing section, it definetly made a difference.

Aye, it wasnt as great as I'd hoped but it looked good.

I heard that new 'Gutierrez from Buenos Aires' song getting a couple of airings, hopefully it will catch on.

It was good, wasnt great. It was good because you had a very loud amount of noise from one section which kicked off the rest of the stadium but it was as dead up there as the rest of the stadium during the middle of the game. Start and end of game was great though

People, its on now.....

So, where are fans as Given saves the day for Newcastle?:

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1048596/So-fans-Given-saves-day-Newcastle.html?ITO=1490

What a shitty article.

I could see quite a few empty posh seats and others scattered about but i wouldn't of guessed us being 5000 light.

Obviously the official attendance wouldn't lie but i just didn't assume that many didn't turn up.