Match Attendance: 47711

James

Guest sahara

I didn't think it was "too" bad considering the huge gap in the away end which probably counted for at least a 1000-1500.

I had heard that quite a lot of the executive boxes hadn't been taken this season. And to me it looks as though they maybe moved them all to the Milburn stand judging how the ones in the Leazes End were all empty. I'm guessing if results keep up then they will be bought (either match by match or a full season). Not only that but it is the school holidays, quite a few people do miss the first match cos they are off to sunnier climates!!

Next home game should definitely be over 50,000 as I'm pretty confident Hull will sell out their allocation.

Guest Bwfcdan

A lot of you seem to be calling our following today.

Well when we get our tickets, in the corner it gives the number of tickets sold. and on my mates it said 1134 and he bought his on Thursday so there was at least 1100 of us there today.

And lets be honest, in Bolton most of us are not posh we're just normal working class people and £47 for ticket and travel is a lot of money to cough up at this current moment. Especially when season tickets have set us back £300.

Guest Howaythetoon

Well when we get our tickets, in the corner it gives the number of tickets sold. and on my mates it said 1134 and he bought his on Thursday so there was at least 1100 of us there today.

And lets be honest, in Bolton most of us are not posh we're just normal working class people and £47 for ticket and travel is a lot of money to cough up at this current moment. Especially when season tickets have set us back £300.

Aye, we cannot use money problems, ticket problems, standard of opposition etc. as an excuse and then say Bolton's following were shit or in low numbers. The number that did turn out was decent I thought although it only looked like a few hundred, and they supported their lads well enough, although some of their songs we've heard before...

ive been to a couple of sub 10,000 league games at sjp, in that context dropping below 50k isnt the end of the world.

im certain they will be back as kks rollercoaster gathers pace.

Is that how much we are charging away fans?  Shocking if true.

Most of the emptires were in either the sports bar, leazes bar, 1892 club, platinum club or what would have been part of the away end. f this does noit make sense please note I have both a broken finger and am f***ing shitfaced.

Also why have they moved the press and made the diectors box even bigger when it's never full anyway!?

No way were there 1100 Bolton fans there today.

there were 2 allocated sections but one wasn't full and the other wasn't even a quarter full.

if there were more than 400 Bolton fans there they must have stayed downstairs on the concourse and watched the match on the telly.

To be fair a lot of the atmosphere was down to the new singing section, it definetly made a difference.

I beg to differ.

The singing section was decent for the first 20 minutes but died a death after that along with our inability to break down the 11 men Bolton had behind the ball.

The atmosphere didn't pick up again until Given saved the penalty, and granted a lot of that was the new singing section, BUT backs up what i've always said that events on the pitch dictate the atmosphere in the ground.

Good football, dodgy refereeing decisions, mistimed tackles etc make for a good atmopshere.

Shit boring negative football with no incidents makes for a poor atmosphere.

People, its on now.....

So, where are fans as Given saves the day for Newcastle?:

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1048596/So-fans-Given-saves-day-Newcastle.html?ITO=1490

What a shitty article.

Quite nasty - but no surprise given the name of the paper.

People, its on now.....

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1048596/So-fans-Given-saves-day-Newcastle.html?ITO=1490

What a shitty article.

Just so so predictable.

Guest unrealterrorist

47k not a lot like? especially against s*** like bolton

The prawn sandwhich lot only turn up for the Big Glamour Ties Man u,gunners,scum etc..

Guest unrealterrorist

The clubs botched pay more for one year or commit for 3 years has come back to haunt them. You folks who think the mystical 52K will be back for the next game are wrong a lot of fans went today because they got in for £10 by buying the new 3rd strip.  I can see the club having very good offers on for non season ticket holders to go to the games with prices working out cheaper than those of season tickets for some games. It happened last year for the 3 home game package for Liverpool, Birmingham & another team.

I'm sure they announced an offer for the Hull game today.

Yeah but you cant buy a £30+ shirt every match.

Yet from what I could hear, the atmosphere was immense.

Hugely dissappointing though. I'd be there if I could be, and certainly will be in a couple of months, but to those who have turned away without good reason: good riddance.

What makes your not being there any different to everyone else.

Havent you read the papers man. People are skint.

I agree - saying 'good riddance' about other supporters, esp when you don't know their personal circumstances, is a crass and immature reaction ; the Economic problems facing the UK are more serious than most people realise, mainly because the Politicians and media are keeping it from them ; the Olympics has been a godsend for both Govt and media because it allows them to take the focus off the serious problems to come, and they WILL be serious.

Jobs are starting to go, and this will get much much worse before things improve ; there is every likelihood that the country is ALREADY in recession, but no-one wants to admit it ; add that to the fact that Debt now exceeds the country's TOTAL GDP and Lenders are clamping hard on repayments and imposing high interest rates, and its no surprise that some fans have had to reign in spending on things like Season tickets.

I DO think people will either try to attend on a game-by-game basis if results/signings/performances come up to expectations(or exceed them), but no-one should underestimate how tough life is going to get...

Its batten-down-hatches time...

People, its on now.....

What a shitty article.

Over 2,000 empty seats at Anfield yesterday.

Is that how much you lads got charged? Fairplay to the Bolton fans who paid that :thup:

Guest Gallowgate Mag

1100? Each block holds 500. 20x25 seats roughly. You filled one and a bit of those. £300 for a season ticket? :lol: Awww diddums it must be so expensive being a Bolton fan, with those mammoth away trips to Blackburn, Wigan, Manchester etc. Thank God we don't have to trek on long journeys for away games.

the seating arrangements need sorting out to cope with a sub 50k crowd. last season most of the empty seats seemed to be up in the gallowgate side of level 7 which is the best place to have gaps as it impacts less on the atmosphere and look of the ground.

yesterday there were hundreds of empty seats right next to the away fans and a chunks of empty seats right behind the goal in the leazes. this creates an impression that the ground is empty and also affects the atmosphere.

they should just get everyone in the singing section to move about 2 blocks to their left, that would soon sort the problem.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

the seating arrangements need sorting out to cope with a sub 50k crowd. last season most of the empty seats seemed to be up in the gallowgate side of level 7 which is the best place to have gaps as it impacts less on the atmosphere and look of the ground.

yesterday there were hundreds of empty seats right next to the away fans and a chunks of empty seats right behind the goal in the leazes. this creates an impression that the ground is empty and also affects the atmosphere.

they should just get everyone in the singing section to move about 2 blocks to their left, that would soon sort the problem.

The hundreds of empty seats beside the away fans was due to the fact Bolton only sold about a quarter of their allocation. I imagine only Wigan and Fulham will bring as few as them this season.

Your season tickets are £300?

There seemed to be hardly any Bolton fans at all from where I was sat. Fair play to those that came.

Guest Bwfcdan

1100? Each block holds 500. 20x25 seats roughly. You filled one and a bit of those. £300 for a season ticket? :lol: Awww diddums it must be so expensive being a Bolton fan, with those mammoth away trips to Blackburn, Wigan, Manchester etc. Thank God we don't have to trek on long journeys for away games.

Well if you can splash out on tickets and travel to away games every other week then good for you but there's a lot of people in Bolton who cant  :angry: