Match Attendance: 47711

James

To be fair a lot of the atmosphere was down to the new singing section, it definetly made a difference.

Aye, it wasnt as great as I'd hoped but it looked good.

I heard that new 'Gutierrez from Buenos Aires' song getting a couple of airings, hopefully it will catch on.

first half i was singing this with about4 other lads the looks we were getting for something different to the usual dirge was unreal. No wonder our songbook is shite when a new song is attempted to get going it is oversang by summit like toon toon black n white army. Shite

To be fair a lot of the atmosphere was down to the new singing section, it definetly made a difference.

Aye, it wasnt as great as I'd hoped but it looked good.

I heard that new 'Gutierrez from Buenos Aires' song getting a couple of airings, hopefully it will catch on.

first half i was singing this with about4 other lads the looks we were getting for something different to the usual dirge was unreal. No wonder our songbook is shite when a new song is attempted to get going it is oversang by summit like toon toon black n white army. Shite

You're knocking people for singing, because they're not singing the songs you want?  :clap2: ???  :idiot2:

The new corporate sections were supposed to subsidise the extended family sections but its not like they took seats from 'regular' fans for this game as there were unsold seats. The bit at the back of the Leazes which hold about 840 had about 20 people in it and i couldn't see the block in the Milburn.

However i think the season ticket delay meant those away on hols were not able to give their tickets to their mates etc so that will have meant a hit on the attendance. Add this to the small (pitiful) away attendance leaving empy seats in one of the 2 blocks they had. On top of this one of the reasons i think the club moved the away section was the council demands for a bigger segregation section so i think we'll have to get used to a big chunk of empty seats up there.

Also some of the made up attendances of the past, especially in the first season after extention, makes yesterday an unfair comparison. However if its under 50k for Hull then it may prompt a rethink of how to flog seats especially in corporate areas.

Didnt exactly say that did he though.

when a new song is attempted to get going it is oversang by summit like toon toon black n white army. s****

:rolleyes:

it get's boring after the 36th time before half time like. Also the who are ya chants and easy keano wanks his dog etc is embarrassing...

A lot of you seem to be calling our following today.

Well when we get our tickets, in the corner it gives the number of tickets sold. and on my mates it said 1134 and he bought his on Thursday so there was at least 1100 of us there today.

And lets be honest, in Bolton most of us are not posh we're just normal working class people and £47 for ticket and travel is a lot of money to cough up at this current moment. Especially when season tickets have set us back £300.

Is that how much you lads got charged? Fairplay to the Bolton fans who paid that :thup:

For the second time in this thread, £47 for ticket AND TRAVEL!  :lol:

when a new song is attempted to get going it is oversang by summit like toon toon black n white army. s****

it get's boring after the 36th time before half time like. Also the who are ya chants and easy keano wanks his dog etc is embarrassing...

But better than nothing, yes?

You can't criticise poeople for not singing along with five of you.

A lot of you seem to be calling our following today.

Well when we get our tickets, in the corner it gives the number of tickets sold. and on my mates it said 1134 and he bought his on Thursday so there was at least 1100 of us there today.

And lets be honest, in Bolton most of us are not posh we're just normal working class people and £47 for ticket and travel is a lot of money to cough up at this current moment. Especially when season tickets have set us back £300.

1100? Each block holds 500. 20x25 seats roughly. You filled one and a bit of those. £300 for a season ticket? :lol: Awww diddums it must be so expensive being a Bolton fan, with those mammoth away trips to Blackburn, Wigan, Manchester etc. Thank God we don't have to trek on long journeys for away games.

Well if you can splash out on tickets and travel to away games every other week then good for you but there's a lot of people in Bolton who cant  :angry:

He does have a point though, £300 is about £170 less than 90% of NUFC fans have paid, plus the fact that we have to travel MILES and MILES to away games bar Sunderland and arguably Boro in comparison to Bolton fans.

I also realise that Bolton is a small town when compared to Newcastle/Tyneside so 1100 is not that bad, but like people have said it seemed like half that number attended.

But better than nothing, yes?

You can't criticise poeople for not singing along with five of you. yes. just annoying and embarrassing to me. I wasn't trying to be narky before just trying to suggest a new idea

I sit right in front of the bar area in the Leazes End and I was shocked by the amount of empty seats behind me. It's gone from full every game to a couple of dozen people. They are probably paying near double what I pay to sit one row further back though.

I think the attendance was as good as could be expected. There will have been empty seats due to hols/ late arrival of season tickets but I don't think the club have made public the number of season tickets they have sold; they usually do.

The truth is, we have been poor for quite a while now, times are harder and up to now MA hasn't invested enough in the team to excite those wavering fans to sign up. When you look at our fixtures you could hardly blame anyone for simply picking their games up until Xmas & then if we are looking good then buying a part season ticket - doing this would get you the Mackems, Smoggies, Man U, Chelsea & Arsenal (Lpool is just after Xmas so you may even get this) - looks very attractive.

Bolton didn't bring many up; but they don't get many at home & they were rubbish last year.

Why is it we are getting slaughtered in the press for this???

When you think about it taking away the 3,000 away fans allocation that leaves 49,000 tickets for us.

So in a crowd of almost 48,000, at the most generous guess they brought 1,100 fans that means we were only 2-3000 down on capacity from our end.

Hardly earth shattering when you consider Man City have got about 15,000 empty seats against West Ham today.

Guest Wally_McFool

Sky mentioned the attendance.

Aye I saw that, Richard Keys was going on as if it was some sort of crime against humanity, completly blowing it out of all proportion.

Maybe 30,000 empty seats at Wembley, 5,000 empty seats at both Newcastle and Sunderland and 3,000 empty seats at Liverpool has got them a bit worried.

Nearly every game you watch on the box now has empty seats in the ground.

The nuggets at Sky cant see the obvious and seem too thick to understand that lots of people just cannot afford footy  with all the price rises going on.

I think people are starting to realise that 90 mins football is only worth so much, and to question the value for money.

The cost has certainly put me off going to away games. Love away trips, but it's simply too much money these days. Can be almost £100 before you have a drink.

There were so few people in that corporate bit, at the back of the Leazes Yesterday, that i actually wondered if it had opened yet.

The club should be having a rethink regards the pricing of the area. They've tried to rip-off the fans and it's back-fired.

The nuggets at Sky cant see the obvious and seem too thick to understand that lots of people just cannot afford footy  with all the price rises going on.

It isn't in Sky's interests, and it isn't their obligation either, to see that people can't afford football. It is in their interest to ignore things like empty seats

We've got a new corporate area at Villa Park, in the middle Trinity, excellent seats. They've booted 400 season ticket holders out to make these facilities, and built new restaurants etc etc.

Against Man City last week (2,300 below capacity) those seats were almost empty. The club say their packages there (2,700 to 7000 pounds) are selling very well, but at the end of the day, a lot of companies will buy these seats and only use them 4 or 5 times a season.

I understand football is like this but it does piss me off quite a bit. My season ticket is 525 qud, which isnt a lot in the wider context of the PL, but it is still a lot of money to me. I'm watching players on 40 or 50k a week, and below me are seats people have paid 7k for, but can't be arsed to turn up.

Something's definitely wrong there, and I suspect it is football losing what was left of its heart.

Funny how we never get tons of credit heaped on us for continually having 50,000 + despite having had 4/5 rotten years of football to watch yet as soon as it drops, it headline news.

We shouldnt expect anything less from the media really