Coventry City (a)

James

Or... Ameobi could get injured during the match and completely rule out any chance of him leaving this summer.

To be honest for some reason I've got bad feeling about tonight, it'll be tough for sure.

Or... Ameobi could get injured during the match and completely rule out any chance of him leaving this summer.

To be honest for some reason I've got bad feeling about tonight, it'll be tough for sure.

That's the chance you take with any player, maybe we should not play anyone and forfeit the match?

If he's fit i'd play him, couldn't care less about the CC, league position is what we need to focus on this season. (i'd even think of starting Smith if fit)

PS: I have a tiny bit of a bad feeling as well.

It would be comfortable normally but with no genuine strikers it's going to be hard to win the tie outright at their place. I think we'll do it though. The likes of Ameobi and Milner should be more confident at this level and Jonas will scare the shit out of them.

That's the chance you take with any player, maybe we should not play anyone and forfeit the match?

If he's fit i'd play him, couldn't care less about the CC, league position is what we need to focus on this season. (i'd even think of starting Smith if fit)

PS: I have a tiny bit of a bad feeling as well.

I didn't realise Owen wouldn't be starting for some reason, my bad.

Is there any reason why people aren't expecting Owen to start?

I don't think he will play the full 90 but i imagine he could play 60m depending on the score. If we are winning by about half time, we can bring him off but i expect him to start.

Is there any reason why people aren't expecting Owen to start?

I don't think he will play the full 90 but i imagine he could play 60m depending on the score. If we are winning by about half time, we can bring him off but i expect him to start.

More advisable to have him on the bench, toy with Coventry in the first half, and then bring him on against more lethargic legs in the second half.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Worst case scenario is extra time and then losing

Remember these beat Blackburn and Man u away last year, it wont be easy.

I can see us sneeking a 1-0 but not 100% confident

NUFC: Shay Given, Habib Beye, Jose Enrique, Fabricio Coloccini, Sebastien Bassong, Nicky Butt, Danny Guthrie, Geremi, Charles N'Zogbia, James Milner, Jonas Gutierrez

Subs:  Michael Owen, Steve Harper, Steven Taylor, David Edgar, Ryan Donaldson, Nile Ranger

.COCK:

In comes Jose Enrique, Geremi and Sebastien Bassong with the French defender making his United debut.

Article continues>>

Making way are centre-back Steven Taylor, who drops down to the bench, and injured strikers Oba Martins (groin) and Damien Duff (knee).

Charles N'Zogbia moves into midfield with Jonas Gutierrez likely to partner James Milner in attack.

Michael Owen, the match-winner against the Trotters, is again named among the substitutes as he continues his return to full fitness following a niggling calf problem.

Looking at the BBC preview and they list Gutierrez as Jonas.

Did I miss something? I didn't think he was a one named South American. All of the other media outlets list him as Jonas Gutierrez.

It would be like writing Michael instead of Owen on the team sheet.

NUFC: Shay Given, Habib Beye, Jose Enrique, Fabricio Coloccini, Sebastien Bassong, Nicky Butt, Danny Guthrie, Geremi, Charles N'Zogbia, James Milner, Jonas Gutierrez

Subs:  Michael Owen, Steve Harper, Steven Taylor, David Edgar, Ryan Donaldson, Nile Ranger

Given

Beye        Coloccini    Bassong    Enrique

Butt

Guthrie

Geremi                                      N'Zogbia

Milner

Jonas

Guest sicko2ndbest

..................................Given............................

Beye...................Colo....................Bassong...............Enrique

Geremi...............Butt..................Guthrie........................Zog

.....................................Milner......................................

............................Jonas....................................................