James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Smacks very much of agent involvment. Parasites.

I'm pretty sure Milner doesn't have an agent. There was a piece on MOTD last season which showed the PFA negotiating a new contract with NUFC on behalf of Milner.

Do I win a prize for knowing that?

Anyway, reading that PFA statement, it sounds like the PFA advised Milner to hand in a transfer request to try to force through a pay rise. If the PFA didn't think the 4 year contract was good enough to sign they should have advised Milner of that. Sounds like the PFA are just as bad as agents. I don't think Milner really wants to go and this ploy has backfired on him by NUFC releasing the statement. The only reason the PFA wouldn't want the 'Milner handing in a transfer request' going public will be because of the stick the fans will give him.

Also, the PFA try to screw more money out of NUFC for their player when they know there is a worldwide credit crunch on and that for the first time in ages NUFC had less than 48K at a home match.

Are people taking the piss when they say they want to sign Lennon?

I'd take him.

I seem to remember you agreeing with me that Keegan would make him a top player a few months back too.

You remember wrongly I'm afraid.

Nah.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=50015.msg1268673#msg1268673

Missed the bit about me saying I'd rather get someone from abroad, who would be better value?

Lennon for £3m-£4m maybe, but not at the £10m we'd have to pay to get him!

Are people taking the piss when they say they want to sign Lennon?

I'd take him.

I seem to remember you agreeing with me that Keegan would make him a top player a few months back too.

You remember wrongly I'm afraid.

Nah.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=50015.msg1268673#msg1268673

Missed the bit about me saying I'd rather get someone from abroad, who would be better value?

Lennon for £3m-£4m maybe, but not at the £10m we'd have to pay to get him!

I agree, but if Keegan wants to look for Premiership players then I think he'd be a good option.

Guest BeatMakerz

Gutted cos' he is a good little player, no denying that,but i thought he got what he wanted here? must be something behind the scenes, wages etc.

Gutted cos' he is a good little player, no denying that,but i thought he got what he wanted here? must be something behind the scenes, wages etc.

You've no read the thread then?  :lol:

Glad to hear you're coping by the way Jon. Chin up, things will get better. :thup:

Guest BeatMakerz

You've no read the thread then?  :lol:

Glad to hear you're coping by the way Jon. Chin up, things will get better. :thup:

?

Guest BeatMakerz

My point is that plenty of people will argue that he's not a good little player at all.  O0

Ok cool, not being sarcastic, just saying everytime i see he is a threat to opposition and at his age is a player worth keeping and devoloping, but because he has handed in a transfer request a few people's opinions will change, thats fine  O0

Guest Phil K

I'd rather have Lennon than Milner.

Me too - I agree with whoever said Keegan will make him a better player

That said, I think Milner will improve in another team.

let the .... go, he don't wanna play for us anyway, so get someone in.

i hope we get 3 players in, but then again, i see nothing happening.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed

I hear we may be making a last minute bid for Sibierski . . .

let the .... go, he don't wanna play for us anyway, so get someone in.

i hope we get 3 players in, but then again, i see nothing happening.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed

I hear we may be making a last minute bid for Sibierski . . .

Definitely  :aww:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gKngYl1cs7Vn/340x.jpg

I could not care less if he goes if we get the sort of money being thrown about for him (as long as we replace him) and he really is replaceable never really shines against top teams and is to slow with the ball, shocking at crossing etc. I really don't see what he gives us. Hard working etc.

He is basically a plodder that on occasions pulls of something half decent. But more often than not is very frustrating.

I reserve the right to retract my comments above if he gets into the england squad and turns out to be amazing!!!