James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think anyone can question his character. I'd be devastated about this if his crossing ever looked like improving.

I fully expect him to play much, much better for Villa if he goes there. It's just the way of the world when it comes to NUFC.

Guest BooBoo

I think if we lose Milner because of contractual problems (ie we wont pay him what he wants) then all of Kevin Keegan's hair will instantly fall out.

Even if he goes to Villa does he really think he'll displace Young and Agbanlahor(sp?)?  Would MoN have the balls to change his formation around just to fit Milner in?  Does he have a crush on Milner?

Young plays left and Agbonlahor plays upfront so there isn't an issue.

Even if he goes to Villa does he really think he'll displace Young and Agbanlahor(sp?)?  Would MoN have the balls to change his formation around just to fit Milner in?  Does he have a crush on Milner?

Can imagine Villa would play a straight 4-4-2 with Milner out on the right.

Guest sicko2ndbest

FACTS

Milner handed his transfer request in on Wednesday 20th August

The club meet to discuss his position

The club release a statement that Milner has handed in a transfer request (a full week later)

I think all parties feel it is best if he goes or why else would they release this statement. No way would they release this statement without having someone else lined up!

Also credit to Milner for just getting on with it, he wanted to go to Villa a long time ago and we near enough sold him then pulled out, he has knuckled down and done his job..

:D

and all for a little over a million a year. What a trouper.

I think if we lose Milner because of contractual problems (ie we wont pay him what he wants) then all of Kevin Keegan's hair will instantly fall out.

Looking through the posts here, it seems as if Milner wanted parity with Taylor. When that was refused based (assumption) on the fact that he just got a new contract and he really didn't do anything to earn a raise, he's decided to try his luck elsewhere. He puts in a request a week ago and the club probably assessed his value in that meeting today. Deciding that they could get a better player in, they're letting him go.

I don't think anyone can be too stressed about this one. He wants to go, and we can hopefully bring in a better player.

Complete speculation on my part, tbf.

I've just got in to read this.

Could someone update me?

All I know is he's handed in a transfer request....

That's pretty much it. Handed it in a week ago, we were asked to keep it silence, but today we decided to go public.

I've just got in to read this.

Could someone update me?

All I know is he's handed in a transfer request....

handed it in, NUFC acknowledged it by posting it on the official site. his agents (PFA) reportedly said he had handed in a request 7 days ago.

Ian Wright has said SWP is leaving chelsea and has made up his mind where he wants to go.

that's about it

Thing about Milner is that he's a good player who has shown that he can cut it in the league, but he's so frustrating to watch. When I was at the match on Saturday there were a few things he did that infuriated me. I remember when someone passed a ball to him in Boltons box and he stood there waiting for it to come to him rather go to it before the defender knocked it clear.

And I simply have no idea how football players can complain about bad wages when even players like Andy Carroll are on a decent enough packet in the greater scheme of things. I think there's more to it than him wanting a wage increase because Taylor & N'Zogbia are on more.

Young plays left and Agbonlahor plays upfront so there isn't an issue.

Don't they play more of a 4-5-1/4-3-3 though with the front looking something like Agbonlahor - Carew - Young?

If we can't get SWP in, I would like to see us bring in a player such as Lennon. He'd add pace to the team and I think Keegan would be able to help him find his best form. Thing is though on the downside he does seem a bit injury prone.

Guest BooBoo

I think some maybe be overly panicking due to Milners excellent showing last night.

I must point out we were playing Coventry and Milner has NEVER turned in such a good performance against a top flight side.