James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh dear God we have such a bunch of mongs on this forum.

We've sold an unsettled player who was distinctly average for a fee rumored to be £12 million.

Where's the downside?

No offence but if you cannot see the downside of how late in the window it is, and how small our sqaad already is, then you are the mong.

However, the upsides do outweigh the downsides, but that doesn't mean there isn't any.

I hardly think that's a downside when we have Geremi and Jonas to back him up (presuming Jonas is going to start on the left).

We've sold an unsettled player who was distinctly average for a fee rumored to be £12 million.

Where's the downside?

He was one of our best players.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which games have you been watching? We were far better last season with him not in the team. One good game in 10 does not make you one of our best players. FFS. Jonas, Zoggy, Geremi and Barton are better than Milner.

Woosh?

Guest black n white

from .com and my thoughts are the same, should never of let him go

In our eyes Milner's genuine graft and honesty have

provided an antidote to the feeling that we've signed mercenaries, thugs and conmen in recent years.

And having breathed a sigh of relief when the likes of Dyer, Jenas and Kluivert took their baggage and egos elsewhere, we feel the opposite about a man who to us is the very essence of anti-bling.

No Hello Magazine appearances, no pimp my ride or cribs -type nonsense, no car crashes, no night club antics, no grappling in the street. A game of darts appears to be his major vice....

To see a trio of gutless wonders who've done sweet FA for this club in the shape of Duff, Barton and Smith remain here on mega money while Milner goes sticks in our throat.

And we've not even started on the £100K+ horserace owner and his future.

Guest Toon Argy

Where's the downside?

He was one of our best players.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beye,  :colo:, Owen and Jonas are our best players and I would also say Martins, N'zogbia and Geremi are also better than him. I dont rate N'zogbia very highly but i would still say he is a better player than Milner even though he also lacks a final ball. Im also including Geremi because he works well together with beye and is also capable of putting a quality cross in once every so often.

Guest toonlass

provided an antidote to the feeling that we've signed mercenaries, thugs and conmen in recent years.

And having breathed a sigh of relief when the likes of Dyer, Jenas and Kluivert took their baggage and egos elsewhere, we feel the opposite about a man who to us is the very essence of anti-bling.

No Hello Magazine appearances, no pimp my ride or cribs -type nonsense, no car crashes, no night club antics, no grappling in the street. A game of darts appears to be his major vice....

To see a trio of gutless wonders who've done sweet FA for this club in the shape of Duff, Barton and Smith remain here on mega money while Milner goes sticks in our throat.

Much like Ameobi then, lets keep them all.

Where's the downside?

No offence but if you cannot see the downside of how late in the window it is, and how small our sqaad already is, then you are the mong.

However, the upsides do outweigh the downsides, but that doesn't mean there isn't any.

I hardly think that's a downside when we have Geremi and Jonas to back him up (presuming Jonas is going to start on the left).

You don't? Then yuo are clinically insane imo!!  :laugh:

Geremi is a waste of a starting place, Duff is below average, Jonas is great but if he gets injured were fooked.

The squad needed boosting not stripping, well technically incorrect, it need both, but with the onus on boosting while getting rid of the crap. Milner wasn't the crap, he was in the middle therefore the fee of £12m if correct is excellent and really, we couldn't do anything else but sell him for that.

We've been quite good at selling players for good money with this new regime. Dyer for 8m, Parker for 7m, Ameobi's loan move, Rozehnal for 3m, Emre for 3.5m. Recouped a lot for some real shit.

I doubt this will get through to some of the nuggets on here but worth pointing out all the same. 

Great bit of business that whatever the price, and i'm sure it's well above the 4 or 5 million we paid to get him in the first place.

Good luck wee jimmy. Great professional, average footballer.

Now for some new signings of our own

Guest elbee909

Yes, honest graft without the money-motivated elements, I can see why that appeals to them.

"Now more words from NUFC.COM's sponsors, Setanta, Newcastle Brown Ale and whomever else has thrown a few pence our way"

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

(to .com)

Get the f*** out, I'd rather have Dyer over Milner any day of the week.

Mong

KK putting on a brave face?

KK saying it was his decision to sell.

Money too good to turn down.

Where does it say that?

David Craig has spoken to him and he's reporting it on SSN's now.

Guest black n white

ameobi can stay for me he can play left back, left back in the dressing room

wasnt ameobi on cribs

smith barton and duff are the ones that boil my water

What an absolute shambles. The only right winger we have, and a good one, and we get rid.

This club is run by wankers. "ooh, he's a billionaire businessman".....bollocks. He's clearly a decent discount retailer, but he's no business man. Putting wise on the Board was a perfect example of this.

Anyone that thinks the likes of Duff can do a job out there hasn't been fucking watching.

Yet again, Newcastle United prove ourselves to be so far from the big clubs its painful.

We are not even in the second tier of clubs now - the lieks of Spurs, Everton and Villa have moved on, while we've been dragged back by the stupid cunts in charge, with arseholes on forums like this still trying to suck him off because he's fat, pretends to be a fan, and drinks pints.

Stil, i'm sure Dennis Wise has a fantastic signing up his sleeve. hahahaahahahahaaha.

Guest elbee909

ameobi can stay for me he can play left back, left back in the dressing room

wasnt ameobi on cribs

smith barton and duff are the ones that boil my water

Blame Souness, and Allardyce, cockknockers.

What an absolute shambles. The only right winger we have, and a good one, and we get rid.

This club is run by wankers. "ooh, he's a billionaire businessman".....bollocks. He's clearly a decent discount retailer, but he's no business man. Putting wise on the Board was a perfect example of this.

Anyone that thinks the likes of Duff can do a job out there hasn't been fucking watching.

Yet again, Newcastle United prove ourselves to be so far from the big clubs its painful.

We are not even in the second tier of clubs now - the lieks of Spurs, Everton and Villa have moved on, while we've been dragged back by the stupid cunts in charge, with arseholes on forums like this still trying to suck him off because he's fat, pretends to be a fan, and drinks pints.

Stil, i'm sure Dennis Wise has a fantastic signing up his sleeve. hahahaahahahahaaha.

mackems.gif