James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Im sure some will be pleased by this. Who we going to replace him with ffs?

SWP?

In an ideal world, the squad is stupidly thin on the ground especially in midfield,

I know lets sell someone who has a good fitness record, always gives 110% and will play wherever he is asked. Turn down the transfer request imo :lol:

I am very sad it says a lot about us how precautios the Ashley era is and now with the transfer days 5 days to go we are losing one of our jewels. Milner will be a top player I am sure and no one recognized that yet. I am sad........

Fucking hell dude...

"one of our jewels" :lol:

cud have done it earlier in the summer tbh. maybe replace him with quaresma or swp. still seems very strange to me. why now. not like we are showing a lack of ambition iwth guti colo and guthrie, or that we have conced 7 and scored 0 in 2 games. very strange

He may have done it  earlier in the summer but the club have chosen to announce it now with the pertinent line being "not received an offer that maches our valuation" ie we have received an offer, its not enough but we're now telling the world he's available to start a bidding war.

This is insane, there is no reason why Milner should leave, especially this late in the transfer window!

If we do sell then we MUST get SWP in to replace him.  It would be unacceptable to for Milner to leave and there be no replacement for him.  If he so keen to leave, then why didn't he ask to go at start of transfer window? fucking bell end.

I want Milner to stay, last night was a good example of why we need him and also he is still young at 22.

Maybe he's realised that he's not fit to wear the shirt and that a smaller club like Villa would suit his lack of ambition?  Personally I don't think that Milner has improved a great deal over the past season or so.....maybe this is his opportunity to put one over us as a result of the fiasco he endured when his move to Villa fell through under Roeder.  Maybe he's a money grabbing f*ck.

Looks like he was really after that new deal then! He's spat the dummy out because he isn't getting one. On your way son. Your really not that good anyway. MON has obviously been whispering sweet nothings in the boys ear.

With the money we get from him we could very easily replace him with a young player on the continent. That Skjelbred rumour is making a whole lot more sense right now.

This should get stuff moving hopefully. All the praise Keegan kept giving him I felt was down to him trying to emphasize his value as far as a transfer fee is concerned, rather than actually rating the lad.

Sure he put in a good performance last night...against a championship side. Would personally snap Villa's hand off (so to speak) if they offered £9-10m, lacks the cutting edge for me. Sell Milner, get SWP in!

never rated him anyway. Please pack your bags and f*** off !!

But se do need å replacement, or we can play jonas on the right and zog on the left... Hmmm, this might be a blessing in disquise!!

I am very sad it says a lot about us how precautios the Ashley era is and now with the transfer days 5 days to go we are losing one of our jewels. Milner will be a top player I am sure and no one recognized that yet. I am sad........

f***ing hell dude...

"one of our jewels" :lol:

jewels  mackems.gif

Surprised but if he doesn't want to be here he can go (if we get that £9m+ off Aston Villa for him). Hopefully Liverpool will be interested again and they can have a fight with Aston Villa over him.

Why couldn't he have done this earlier in the transfer window to give us time to sort out a replacement?

Why couldn't Alan Smith hand in a transfer request?

This last week of the transfer window is going to have to be very busy for all Premier League clubs or there will be a lot of disappointed people around.

Guest Heneage

Just remember how Villa handled Barry we should be no different.

Little bit shocked after what he said last night, cheeky sod.

Well they must have had there meeting this morning.  I expect some news coming out on .co.uk soon on other matters.

It also explains the Malouda interest too.  I think the request will have been in for at least a few days, explains Keegans reaction about him recently.

I would be happy with either SWP or Malouda.  However I doubt he will leave if we cant replace him.

I would be sad to see him go to be honest but it serves us right the way we treat him a few summers back.  I assume he feels justified because of that and fair play to him.

Whilst I am far from his biggest fan I am pretty pissed off he has waited until now.

It forces our hand to sell rather than having an unhappy player on our books and with very little time to find a replacement.  If he really wanted to go why has he waited until now to hand in his request.

Maybe he's realised that he's not fit to wear the shirt and that a smaller club like Villa would suit his lack of ambition?  Personally I don't think that Milner has improved a great deal over the past season or so.....maybe this is his opportunity to put one over us as a result of the fiasco he endured when his move to Villa fell through under Roeder.  Maybe he's a money grabbing f*ck.

Welcome back

This is crazy stuff, but it should be said I'm glad we're getting this from the official site and not from some paper talk off sunday rags. Shows that the club believes in communicating with us directly and freely.

Regardless, not good news, as we'll need another in to replace him with and it seems that KK was having enough trouble getting in the signings we had to get in the first place.

<Possible Scenario?>

KK: New contract for Milner?

Ashley: no.

KK: James, you're not getting that wage hike.

Milner: I'm fucking off then.