James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still possible that he end up at Liverpool actually, if in fact they are interested.

That could be it, hes had months to push through a move to Villa, could be a bigger club have made it known they want him.

I'm actually pretty gutted about this, he's always been a favourite of mine.  Why now though?  Someone like Villa or Liverpool watched his performance against Coventry and tapped him up over night?  Told by the board to hand one in so they can justify selling him?  Players told after the game we're signing someone he thinks is going to take his place in the starting line up?

Haven't read the thread like, sure some of these conspiracy theories have been made already.

Guest toonlass

Would laugh my ass off if he went to Liverpool and ignored Villa. Would really hack the villa fans off. Maybe Rafa is sick of the Barry crap.

Guest magpies_rawk

He gets into decent positions on the flanks but time and time again fails to deliver a good final ball. I wouldn't miss him so much if not for the fact that we are currently short of attacking players. It is the timing of his transfer request which pisses me off more than anything.

However, if he thinks he is too good for this club, by all means...

good bye and don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Given his sentiments expressed through themedia if Barry got a loyalty bonus it would be criminal.  Formal request or not.  I don't think a formal request should affect the asking price, though i take your point about his upping the ante with the written request. 

Absolutely, at the end of the day if Newcastle aren't happy with the bid then the deal won't go through (lest we forget, we don't even know there is a bid yet).

The lack of transfer request from Barry was one of the things that pissed us off most.

Makes this look a bit strange now....

James Milner happy to focus on football

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/27/james-milner-happy-to-focus-on-football-72703-21615391/

Well that article makes him out to be a complete twat IMO. Can't think about anything other than football eh? That soon changed didn't it? Ugly cunt, fuck off!!!

If this is about him not getting a new contract then its a fucking joke. Am I right in saying he signed a new deal sometime last year? If so, then could someone please tell me exactly what he has done over the last year to merit a new contract this season? He's taking the piss tbh. We're in a strong position because he has a few years left on his contract and can therefore push for a high price, let's see how O'Neill likes another club asking for ridiculously high prices for English players.

Very disappointed in Milner doing this with only a few days of the window left though. I think he's got some talent and only being 22 could still improve a fair deal. If we don't get 10mill then fuck it, make him stay and he'll eventually come round to the idea of staying, as it seems might happen with Barry.

I've just had a thought,  does anyone else think the timing is going to coincide with us having a deal in place for his replacement.  Apparently we've been trying to buy the clause back off leeds for over a week so we knew it was coming.  I'd love it if SWP came as Ian Wright says if there was one club he regretted that he never played for it was us, maybe he's had a word.

Guest Mcdonald36

Price the feckers out of a move. It's his own fault for leaving it too late for us to get a good enough replacement.

I just hope it's not part of a swap for Pennant.