James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am at work surrounded by Villa supporters and they are over the moon that Milner is supposedly 'having a medical' at Villa right now. But to be honest for around £10mil they can have him and I truly believe we must have a few players lined up and almost signed. One to replace Milner (don't think Ashley would be stupid enough to sell him without a replacement ready to sign) and the others to fill in those much need Midfield and Defender positions!

it's an interesting one that, why did the club go public?  because they agreed a deal with another player and wanted to force villa to bid for milner against everton uppping the fee...

fookim hope so! ;)

I highly doubt it.

IF he goes,which now seems likely. i wonder if there'll be a chorus of "there's only one greedy bastard" on his return.

(i'm very pissed off with his behaviour over this even if the outcome-12mill if true- is fantastic for us)

IF he goes,which now seems likely. i wonder if there'll be a chorus of "there's only one greedy bastard" on his return.

(i'm very pissed off with his behaviour over this even if the outcome-12mill if true- is fantastic for us)

I don't really blame Milner, I think he'd have stayed given any encouragement. He gambled and he lost basically.

Bloody hell, £12m for Milner. They must think he'll turn into some player. To be fair to the lad, he'll put the effort in no doubt and he's still young, but so far he's shown himself to have the ability of a £4million player if anything. Cant ever see him getting a regular game for England. £12 million, its hard to believe. I think that blinder against Coventry has raised his price significantly, a few scouts must have been watching him and considered that kind of performance to be his potential, which is misleading as the Premiership has stronger, faster, better fullbacks than Coventry had.

Good luck to him though, a transfer request is imo more honourable and honest than trying to engineer a move in private and thereby still getting a loyalty bonus. I think we have a better replacement already at the club in Jonas, we already have a better young winger with far more pace and dribbling/crossing ability in Zog, and there are considerably better wingers than him out there, so he'll not be missed. Hope he develops into a good winger eventually, but without meaning to sound bitter, im glad it's someone else who'll be developing him, and not us. He'll not suit the style of football that we want to play, but should should others.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Well 10 mil plus is a great deal for Milner but the lack of transfer links for us is getting very worrying.

If we've been working at deals all this week that will be done before Monday then fine but if not one player comes and Milner goes then Ashley should be advised not to stand in the crowd anymore.

I don't think he could be that stupid so by Monday we'll know, but he'll be facing a barage of abuse if he doesn't act at all.

:thup:

Can't say I'd be any less bothered if the know-nowt papers were linking us to players though tbf.

I know it's a pian to hear about but did anybody actually witness him saying about this 'wow' signing? Or is yet more bollocks?

Nope. It's purely based on an internet post.

Keegan has since said... "We definitely need a defender, and a midfielder, and then if the owner wants to get us a wow signing, then that would be great for everyone".

Wrong

It was on a bbc video after a game, def said i

IF he goes,which now seems likely. i wonder if there'll be a chorus of "there's only one greedy b******" on his return.

I don't really blame Milner, I think he'd have stayed given any encouragement. He gambled and he lost basically.

i blame him because he signed a contract last year and wanted a better deal because someone else got one. that someone else was in the last year of his contract (the normal time for renegotiating contracts). pure and simple greed IMO.

IF he goes,which now seems likely. i wonder if there'll be a chorus of "there's only one greedy b******" on his return.

So - we may now have £12M to spend from the sale of Milner.

The Oxford English Dictionary definition of a "Selling Club"  -  (Can only buy when they sell . .  so NO PROGRESS ever to be made)

Waddle / Beardsley / Gasgoigne  -  the good old days are BACK!

(Don't have a go at me!)

Guest neesy111

The Oxford English Dictionary definition of a "Selling Club"  -  (Can only buy when they sell . .  so NO PROGRESS ever to be made)

(Don't have a go at me!)

a selling club sells their best players

milner woudn't even be me starting eleven with every1 fit

The Oxford English Dictionary definition of a "Selling Club"  -  (Can only buy when they sell . .  so NO PROGRESS ever to be made)

Waddle / Beardsley / Gasgoigne  -  the good old days are BACK!

(Don't have a go at me!)

on the other hand every club will sell any player if they are offered far more than their worth.

(Don't have a go at me!)

a selling club sells their best players

milner woudn't even be me starting eleven with every1 fit

The "need to sell first, to buy" is the main point being made here (not WHO the player we sell is).

(Don't have a go at me!)

We didn't have to sell Milner to buy, we're selling him because he wants out. If Man U had sold Ronaldo, would that have made them a "Selling club"? You need to look at the circumstances of the sale before sticking a label on like that.