James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manorpark - reluctant to spend? Surely bids for Coloccini, Modric, Aimer, Inler etc. show that there's money to spend.

How many times does this really need to be pointed out?

Oh my god  -  "B I D S" . . .

(or even more accurately  -  "reported bids").

How many times does THAT need to be pointed out?

Fine then, lets look at facts. Coloccini for a reported 9m going up to 10.3m - also reported to have signed the 'contract of his life'.

True, the Modric bid (I'll forget the Aimer & Inler ones because as Dave said, could be wrong) was made before any players were sold. In the end the deal didn't come off but it shows that the money is there for players of the right calibre. Gutierrez had an original asking price of 10m but we got around the via a loophole, but I imagine we still had to pay a few to get him in.

There's a difference between 'selling to buy' and simply getting rid of players that are no good for us.

How do you know (or 'imagine') that a Coloccini purchase would have been funded, if we had got (say) Modric?

Also, I don't think Keegan would agree with any of you "Milner haters" on here ("no good for us" !!!!)

I don't agree with you either.

I also asked if you thought it would just be a 'mere coincidence' if Ashley actually spends some money RIGHT NOW?

Well?

I'd rather we spent money now than didn't spend any just to prove you and your ridiculous theory wrong. There have been reports of us going for specific players all summer, with either agents or players themselves saying about interest - some I'll take with a pinch of salt but I wouldn't be surprised if some had truth in them. I honestly don't think that the club has been sat about hoping for the likes of James Milner to be sold just so we can buy some players.

Coloccini negotiations were started 3 months before he signed and Modric nearly signed in May I believe. Ashley has come out and said how he feels about the club but you clearly haven't read it or decided to simply disregard it because it doesn't fit in with your opinion. Keegan has said about the type of players we want - need even. It's the easiest thing in the world to go out and splash £10m here and there for players, that's how we ended up with Luque and Boumsong.

I'm curious where you got the 'Milner Hater' thing from as I've never really slagged him off or wanted him out. I do think that £12m is way too good to turn down though assuming he can be replaced. For a player his age and with his experience he just hasn't moved up the level required for me, he has little pace struggles to cross. I think we can get better and hope we do.

I am personally gutted the Milner has gone, great lad good workrate and what will rile more than anything is that we WILL NOT be getting anybody in..... something is badly wrong at NUFC and we may sign one player which may be this Zaylette guy but we won't be getting a WOW signing and doubt even a replacement for Milner  :dave:

I am just waiting to hear what Milner has to say when he signs for Villa about the state of the club and what Ashley has to say when nobody comes in..

When Ronaldo wanted to leave Man United, most of their fans were like "fuck it, we'll just replace him". How come we're so desperate to hold on to a pretty average player who actually isn't a first teamer?

I am personally gutted the Milner has gone, great lad good workrate and what will rile more than anything is that we WILL NOT be getting anybody in..... something is badly wrong at NUFC and we may sign one player which may be this Zaylette guy but we won't be getting a WOW signing and doubt even a replacement for Milner  :dave:

I am just waiting to hear what Milner has to say when he signs for Villa about the state of the club and what Ashley has to say when nobody comes in..

When Ronaldo wanted to leave Man United, most of their fans were like "fuck it, we'll just replace him". How come we're so desperate to hold on to a pretty average player who actually isn't a first teamer?

Because Man United can go after any player in the world as a replacement, and a. afford him and b. have a good chance of getting him?

When Ronaldo wanted to leave Man United, most of their fans were like "f*** it, we'll just replace him". How come we're so desperate to hold on to a pretty average player who actually isn't a first teamer?

If Milner is not a first teamer then who is? Ashley has banged on about getting and keeping young players with potential and Milner has that, if we had players in then fine sell him for a healthy profit but can't help thinking maybe Ashley is in the shit and need to balance the books.

I hope more than anything in the world I am proved wrong but we will see come Tuesday when we have signed nobody...

I'm guessing Smith, Viduka and Duff are all on more than Milner wage wise. If Mike Ashley wants to save a few quid on wages then get rid of them before Milner ffs. Keegan and the rest of the players no doubt pissed off. Doubt if we had the money to spunk on Modric never mind his wages if we can't afford to give Milner around an extra 10k a week or whatever. Smith to Everton would have been a dream come true, this is a nightmare despite the potential fee.

p.s. i know some of you will disagree that Milner is not better than viduka, but your very wrong   :razz:   

£9-12m? YES PLEASE. I just hope that we have some players lined up. If there´s time enough it shouldn't be too hard to get a player who´s alot better than Milner for that price..

I'm guessing Smith, Viduka and Duff are all on more than Milner wage wise. If Mike Ashley wants to save a few quid on wages then get rid of them before Milner ffs. Keegan and the rest of the players no doubt pissed off.

p.s. i know some of you will disagree that Milner is not better than viduka, but your very wrong   :razz:   

I agree with you :) The fat aussie is hear to pick up his wages and will spend well over half the season injured.

Manorpark - reluctant to spend? Surely bids for Coloccini, Modric, Aimer, Inler etc. show that there's money to spend.

Fine then, lets look at facts. Coloccini for a reported 9m going up to 10.3m - also reported to have signed the 'contract of his life'.

True, the Modric bid (I'll forget the Aimer & Inler ones because as Dave said, could be wrong) was made before any players were sold. In the end the deal didn't come off but it shows that the money is there for players of the right calibre. Gutierrez had an original asking price of 10m but we got around the via a loophole, but I imagine we still had to pay a few to get him in.

There's a difference between 'selling to buy' and simply getting rid of players that are no good for us.

How do you know (or 'imagine') that a Coloccini purchase would have been funded, if we had got (say) Modric?

Also, I don't think Keegan would agree with any of you "Milner haters" on here ("no good for us" !!!!)

I also asked if you thought it would just be a 'mere coincidence' if Ashley actually spends some money RIGHT NOW?

Well?

I'd rather we spent money now than didn't spend any just to prove you and your ridiculous theory wrong. There have been reports of us going for specific players all summer, with either agents or players themselves saying about interest - some I'll take with a pinch of salt but I wouldn't be surprised if some had truth in them. I honestly don't think that the club has been sat about hoping for the likes of James Milner to be sold just so we can buy some players.

Coloccini negotiations were started 3 months before he signed and Modric nearly signed in May I believe. Ashley has come out and said how he feels about the club but you clearly haven't read it or decided to simply disregard it because it doesn't fit in with your opinion. Keegan has said about the type of players we want - need even. It's the easiest thing in the world to go out and splash £10m here and there for players, that's how we ended up with Luque and Boumsong.

I'm curious where you got the 'Milner Hater' thing from as I've never really slagged him off or wanted him out. I do think that £12m is way too good to turn down though assuming he can be replaced. For a player his age and with his experience he just hasn't moved up the level required for me, he has little pace struggles to cross. I think we can get better and hope we do.

Wasn't meaning specifically YOU by the 'Milner Hater' thing - sorry if it read like that.

There are a LOT on here who are though!

You do make a fair few 'broad brush' statements about my opinions and how I form them.  None of them are true, by the way.

I am simply observing a disjointed organisation, failing to 'achieve' in the manner that it should be capable of achieving. Naturally (as this organisation is one that I personally care about) I am WORRIED.

Because Man United can go after any player in the world as a replacement, and a. afford him and b. have a good chance of getting him?

For £12m we could get a player easily as good as Milner.

Ronaldo is the best player in the world. Neither AC Milan or Barca will sell the 2nd and 3rd best players in the world to Man United.

Why does everyone assume that KK wants to keep Milner?

True he's talked him up a lot in the media but he's not even guaranteed a place in the 1st team when everyone's fit, Geremi is a more productive player.

Not every manager has to subscribe to the Graeme "He'll never play for this club again!" Souness school of transfer dealings.

Perhaps Keegan is aware that talking down a player's ability isn't the brightest way to increase his transfer value.

I'm guessing Smith, Viduka and Duff are all on more than Milner wage wise. If Mike Ashley wants to save a few quid on wages then get rid of them before Milner ffs. Keegan and the rest of the players no doubt pissed off.

p.s. i know some of you will disagree that Milner is not better than viduka, but your very wrong  :razz: 

I agree with you :) The fat aussie is hear to pick up his wages and will spend well over half the season injured.

This is not about Viduka, Smith or Duff and what wages they are on. It's about the club receiving a bid for a wantaway player at four times his worth.

Guest neesy111

Well?

Wasn't meaning specifically YOU by the 'Milner Hater' thing - sorry if it read like that.

You do make a fair few 'broad brush' statements about my opinions and how I form them.  None of them are true, by the way.

I am simply observing a disjointed organisation, failing to 'achieve' in the manner that it should be capable of achieving. Naturally (as this organisation is one that I personally care about) I am WORRIED.

theres no people who hate milner, but they see right through him, to what he is? a very overated english player, who can't cross, shoot and has no pace

Guest toonlass

p.s. i know some of you will disagree that Milner is not better than viduka, but your very wrong    :razz:   

mackems.gif

Well?

theres no people who hate milner, but they see right through him, to what he is? a very overated english player, who can't cross, shoot and has no pace

???

Well?

Have you ever thought that we might not have budgeted to buy another RM, and therefore we need the money from his transfer before we can buy a replacement.

er . . . is that not my point !!!!!!!!!!???

Eh?

We had (in Keegans opinion) a strong pool of wingers and therefore wasn't looking to buy another one.

Milner leaves so Keegan decides he does now need one.

Ashley sanctions the move.

This is not selling to buy. This is replacing a player who wanted to leave*

*If you hand a transfer request in you want to leave, bollocks to the looking for a pay rise crap

p.s. i know some of you will disagree that Milner is not better than viduka, but your very wrong   :razz:  

This is not about Viduka, Smith or Duff and what wages they are on. It's about the club receiving a bid for a wantaway player at four times his worth.

I disagree, this is the club panicking and getting rid of assets people will actually buy, nobody would touch Viduka, Smith or Duff on the wages they are on with the track record they have hence why they are still here.

N'zogbia wanted out and even said so but he is still here!!! Milner was a sucess at Aston Villa and with the lack of right wingers about he is a very sellable asset and with the window approaching his value has risen.

Not at all disputing that 12 Mil is good value for money but it is the fact we need the money and won't be spending any that is dis-heartening :(

KK can't be happy with this...

That's the only thing that worries me.

Though tbf he's been saying similar nice things about Smith and Ameobi that everyone was so keen to dismiss as fibs, so why not the same here? As always, it depends on who comes in. If we get someone like Arda (from what I've seen of him, anyway), KK won't give a flying f*** that Milner's gone.

The only way I could see KK agreeing to such a move assuming he has a say which I think he will do is if the money was to be used to bring in someone much better. I still don't think he'd be happy though and to be honest, no manager likes losing players they want to keep even if they get a better player in as a replacement. I'm not blaming the club or anything here btw, if Milner wants to leave which may well be, there isn't much anyone can do.

KK might not be happy but he's not stupid either. Someone would have had to pay Milner the extra money for a new contract, do you think KK would offer to give him a cut of his own wages? At the end of the day, whoever pays the bills is the one who makes the decisions and KK will understand that.

Though tbf he's been saying similar nice things about Smith and Ameobi that everyone was so keen to dismiss as fibs, so why not the same here? As always, it depends on who comes in. If we get someone like Arda (from what I've seen of him, anyway), KK won't give a flying f*** that Milner's gone.

The only way I could see KK agreeing to such a move assuming he has a say which I think he will do is if the money was to be used to bring in someone much better. I still don't think he'd be happy though and to be honest, no manager likes losing players they want to keep even if they get a better player in as a replacement. I'm not blaming the club or anything here btw, if Milner wants to leave which may well be, there isn't much anyone can do.

KK might not be happy but he's not stupid either. Someone would have had to pay Milner the extra money for a new contract, do you think KK would offer to give him a cut of his own wages? At the end of the day, whoever pays the bills is the one who makes the decisions and KK will understand that.

He paid Terry Macs wages for his first part season

Guest toonlass

I disagree, this is the club panicking and getting rid of assets people will actually buy, nobody would touch Viduka, Smith or Duff on the wages they are on with the track record they have hence why they are still here.

N'zogbia wanted out and even said so but he is still here!!! Milner was a sucess at Aston Villa and with the lack of right wingers about he is a very sellable asset and with the window approaching his value has risen.

Not at all disputing that 12 Mil is good value for money but it is the fact we need the money and won't be spending any that is dis-heartening :(

Didn't realise we wanted rid of Viduka.

I think everyone on here is saying that we need to replace him. Nobody (apart from James I guess) is doubting that.

Guest neesy111

didn't keegan say he rated emre, and he was sold as well

he say's this about every player, to improve their confidence and it also increases their value

Guest Geordiesned

If he's having a medical now, then I hope to god we've got a replacement signed, sealed and all but delivered. I have no problem with him leaving provided cover comes in. Without that, we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

This.

He paid Terry Macs wages for his first part season

Well if he wanted to keep Milner so badly he could always pay his...