James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need 6 players in by monday or our paper thin squad is going to be terribly exposed over the coming months..we needed bodies in before we even started selling, now its laughable how thin we are. FFS we have 2 full backs in the whole squad 6 need to come in to apease me

lb,cb,2 midfielders, rw striker

Why do people think were getting £12m?

All i've heard is undisclosed, or are we now believing paper talk when its in our favour?

I think people are just believing it as they actually got something right this morning (the accepted bid, the medical etc).

We'll just have to wait and see on the fee, but anything over £8m for us is an absolutely great deal.

Hypocritical tbh.

The papers have picked up on us not making real moves for any players, and guess what, we've really brought fuk all in, can we now believe that although the club can keep a deal secret, the nothing in the press does equal nothing through the doors?

Guest Geordiesned

So now thats:

8 players gone.

3 players in.

And thats after we had a tiny squad last year, this weekend had better be productive or we may be totally fucked when injuries come along.

I must admit, I'm very nervous for NUFC today....hope we fix things.

That's the way I see things. All this "OMG!!! we've got £12 million for Milner" won't mean a thing if he and others we've sold before him aren't replaced. To me I'll only be pleased with the money we've got for Milner once he is replaced with quality.

I don't think Jonas is moving away from the left wing.

Incidentally, do people recall the last time we didn't have a proper right winger?

Geremi earned that place (for now) with his second-half performance against Bolton, if you ask me.

So now thats:

8 players gone.

3 players in.

And thats after we had a tiny squad last year, this weekend had better be productive or we may be totally fucked when injuries come along.

That's the way I see things. All this "OMG!!! we've got £12 million for Milner" won't mean a thing if he and others we've sold before him aren't replaced. To me I'll only be pleased with the money we've got for Milner once he is replaced with quality.

:thup:

All i've heard is undisclosed, or are we now believing paper talk when its in our favour?

I think people are just believing it as they actually got something right this morning (the accepted bid, the medical etc).

We'll just have to wait and see on the fee, but anything over £8m for us is an absolutely great deal.

Hypocritical tbh.

The papers have picked up on us not making real moves for any players, and guess what, we've really brought fuk all in, can we now believe that although the club can keep a deal secret, the nothing in the press does equal nothing through the doors?

Bit different when it's Villa who have announced this move (we haven't as yet), and probably leaked news of the medical.

Take your point though.

I don't think Jonas is moving away from the left wing.

Incidentally, do people recall the last time we didn't have a proper right winger?

Geremi earned that place (for now) with his second-half performance against Bolton, if you ask me.

Keegan played Duff right, Jonas left one game didn't he, which suggest that he sees Jonas as the club's first choice left winger. Geremi as you mention is a player KK has played on the right, there is another player he's played there too - Joey Barton.

Guest thommo78

Also kind of dampens down the argument that people use on here alot that deals cannot be done quickly anymore...

12 f***ing million for James Milner mackems.gif

f***ing motherfucking hell. That's a lot of money :lol:

Jonas goes to the right, Zoggy gets to start and play in his favourite position and Enrique gets to play. Sorted.

Jonas and/or Zoggy gets injured and oh dear we have no decent subs. Duff is shit, Lua Lua unproven.

Milner is shit so what's your point? We'll just play Geremi there instead. We tend to pass and keep the ball better when Geremi's in there anyway.

What does Milner actually offer? His shooting is mediocre, his crossing hasn't improved in two years, he's slow as fuck, his set-pieces never get past the first man and he's not direct enough as a winger. Honestly, what are we losing? Nothing, I say. Nothing at all. Even though Geremi doesn't possess the agility (ugh) that Milner has, our team plays better when he's playing for whatever reason, and that's the only thing that counts.

M'ON, as good a manager as he is, seems to love British players, and that's why he's paid 12 fucking million for Milner. Remember that two seasons ago, Villa had a bid accepted for 5m!! Has Milner shown anyone in the past two seasons that his value has increased 7m?! This is pure desperation from Villa, but they've got money to spend, so it's a win-win.

God no! Not Alan Smith on the right wing.

Everton buying Saha has ruined my day.

I was more thinking about when we didn't have any right winger in the squad whatsoever.

Solano moved to Villa. We finished 5th.

So now thats:

8 players gone.

3 players in.

:thup:

I think most people believed Milner wasn't good enough and therefore needed replacing anyway. This doesn't change much from that perspective.

We still need the 3+ players we needed before news of the transfer request came.

Hypocritical tbh.

Bit different when it's Villa who have announced this move (we haven't as yet), and probably leaked news of the medical.

Take your point though.

Aye, but there's always another club, just because we can keep a lid, doesn't mean others can, and why stories make it to the press.

Anyway, lets hope they are right, £12m is a no brainer, i like the lad as a footballer, felt his pace hindered him as a winger, but has a massive career in the middle if a manager is ever clever enough to use him there. Shame were letting a young English talent go, we need to spend it correctly, or this window has been a big a disaster as any of the previous even with some quality coming in.