James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamie Redknapp lives in a parallel universe to the rest of the football world though.

Before the Chelsea game kicked off, he was talking from Villa Park and said "I played with Robbie Keane at Liverpool". Oh dear Jamie.

He said Tottenham didn't he?

Jamie Redknapp lives in a parallel universe to the rest of the football world though.

Before the Chelsea game kicked off, he was talking from Villa Park and said "I played with Robbie Keane at Liverpool". Oh dear Jamie.

I would swear he said Liverpool because I remember shouting at him straight away and noticing that my missus didnt give a fuck at what I was saying

Guest optimistic nit

Can´t remember that he said that when he played for us?

One question. If he is that good. Why is he not playing today?

because he's only just signed?

I would swear he said Liverpool because I remember shouting at him straight away and noticing that my missus didnt give a fuck at what I was saying

Aye he did, i picked up on it.

If Milner is so damn good why were the Villians the only ones interested???????

Everton strongly rumoured to have had an interest too.

Also, talk of 'bids' earlier in the summer being rejected. Obviously Villa would have been one bidder but perhaps there were more?

If Ashley Young was so...

If Jonas Gutierrez was so..

If Martin Petrov was so..

If Elano was so...

etc etc...

Not saying Milner was worth £12m btw but this "if so and so was soo good" thing has been proved wrong so many times now.

If Elano was so...

etc etc...

Not saying Milner was worth £12m btw but this "if so and so was soo good" thing has been proved wrong so many times now.

If you were manager and someone offered £9m for him, would you have accepted it Jon? Serious question. No ifs or buts, just yes or no and reasons.

If Elano was so...

etc etc...

If you were manager and someone offered £9m for him, would you have accepted it Jon? Serious question. No ifs or buts, just yes or no and reasons.

No because Villa offered £12m ;)

If you were manager and someone offered £4m for him, would you have accepted?

If Elano was so...

etc etc...

Based on what Danny Guthrie (and i'm not that enthralled by him) can do, yes. In reality I think about £5 would have been fair for him in terms of a decent, adaptable squad player. I dont rate him but always said he was a good squad player, as a first choice, we need much much better. I think we did embarrassingly well financially tbh

Glad you aren't in charge then :D

I still can't believe we got £12m though, just hope he is replaced and by that I don't mean he was this amazing player that is going to be difficult to replace but we don't have a big enough squad.

Glad you aren't in charge then :D

I still can't believe we got £12m though, just hope he is replaced and by that I don't mean he was this amazing player that is going to be difficult to replace but we don't have a big enough squad.

A bit of sense. We do need a replacement but it won't take THAT much to replace and average player.

I would swear he said Liverpool because I remember shouting at him straight away and noticing that my missus didnt give a f*** at what I was saying

You know what he meant. You were just looking for an excuse to berate him. It's because he played for L'Pool and Spurs, i'm sick of your biased twaddle.  :angry:

I would swear he said Liverpool because I remember shouting at him straight away and noticing that my missus didnt give a f*** at what I was saying

You know what he meant. You were just looking for an excuse to berate him. It's because he played for L'Pool and Spurs, i'm sick of your biased twaddle.  :angry:

Ok then. So lets sit back and enjoy his biased twaddle against us then

Guest thommo78

If Elano was so...

etc etc...

Based on what Danny Guthrie (and i'm not that enthralled by him) can do, yes. In reality I think about £5 would have been fair for him in terms of a decent, adaptable squad player. I dont rate him but always said he was a good squad player, as a first choice, we need much much better. I think we did embarrassingly well financially tbh

I'd agree that financially we did well out of the deal but we are now in profit for net spend unless something dramatically changes tomorrow and to be perfectly honest I think we have been weakend on the pitch. Id rather have player of the claiber of milner at our desposal until Jan than money in the bank. It dosen't really matter if you think milner was good enough or not but without a "better" replacement it makes absolutely no sense to me to sell in the last week of the window when we are short of players. Unless tomorrow throws up a pleasent suprise I find this decision ....strange. No one knows what is happening behind the scenes at the club but what frustrates me is that it always seems to be shrouded in such secrecy under the new regime......Current mood....frustrated!

If Elano was so...

etc etc...

Now come on Milner's no world beater but five quid !! :)