James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The way that I look at it is..

He was a canny player, but not good enough to take us to the next level. Yes, he always gave 100%, but so would I, but that doesnt mean I am good enough to help us win something.

If we look back to the end of last season when we were staring relegation in the face, he was injured, and we went on a good run without him. So he is not the be all and end all. We have got a lot of money (too much in my opinion), so we are ok there. It is not as if he has gone for £5m or something.

In KK I trust.....

12M is fantastic money; but it is as only as good as the replacement we buy.

For £12m you could buy two replacements and I'm pretty sure at least one would be as good as or better than Milner.

If only Martin O'Neill had your football expertise eh.

A smart comment...very good :thup:

M'ON is a good coach who likes to play quite direct functional football, for which you need certain types of players. KK plays a more passing game which requires slightly different types. Milner might be worth more to one coach than another. For example, O'Neill might pay £12m but Wenger might not be prepared to even pay £6m.

I know alot of people are pleased to see milner gone, and that we've got 12million, but i think alot are missing the point

in order to be a succesful team in the premier league, you need depth, you need milners in your squad, people who work hard

look at aston villa,they hardly NEED him ,they are just adding to the depth of the team, adding to other young players such as ashley young

ok he might not of been a fantastic player jimmy, but if we are going to challenge the top 8 at least, you need people like him in your squad, 12million or not, as keegan said the funding was already there even if he didnt leave, i belive this to be a poor decision as it leaves us further bare bones and putting more pressure to sign a replacement

so yeah, we got more than hes probebly valued, but at this level if you want to hit the top 8, top 6 etc, i think you really need to keep hold of players like milner

The only depth ashley is interested in is the depth of the notes in his wallet.

We are now officially a selling club,With no ambition,

Back to the dark days of lord westwood,

Keegan would have walked away from newcastle if he didint need the money.

Oh be quiet man.

It really is about time we implemented an anti-idiot rule.

as Merlin says, they are entitled to their opinion.

Is this attitude catching ?

No.

I was all for the sale at that price, but a small part of me is petrified that Villa will turn him into the next Ashley Young.

if they do, well done to them

I was all for the sale at that price, but a small part of me is petrified that Villa will turn him into the next Ashley Young.

if they do, well done to them

We should break the bank to employ their coaches if they manage that.

Guest Heneage

The fact hes left Newcastle means that should he do anything remotely well, the commentator will utter the immortal "ALREADY JUSTIFYING HIS TRANSFER?!?!"

The fact hes left Newcastle means that should he do anything remotely well, the commentator will utter the immortal "ALREADY JUSTIFYING HIS TRANSFER?!?!"

Yep, and if we lose tonight it'll obviously be because we're 'missing Milner already!!111'.

On Foxtel in Australia when chatting about recent transfers:

Simon Hill: "James Milner to Aston Villa for 12mil"

mention about a couple of seasons ago and how he nearly went to Villa

Spencer Prior: "Well, it's a lot of money and Keegan sanctioned it"

Simon Hill: "NO, NO HE DIDN'T. He didn't sanction it..."

Ignorant rubbish.

Guest hikickry

We cant win, never will. Earlier on SSN:

Jeff Stelling: "In all fairness, KK did say it was his choice to sell..."

Tony Cottee: "Yes, but he has to say that. He has to look like he is in control..."

oh and he would know that how? stupid git  :tickedoff:

Tony Cottee: "Yes, but he has to say that. He has to look like he is in control..."

I bet they wouldnt dare call Ferguson a liar which i essence is what they are calling KK.

How much more disrepectful could they be ?

Guest Heneage

Yep, and if we lose tonight it'll obviously be because we're 'missing Milner already!!111'.

I am already wrming my voice for "KEEGUN OUT"

Guest batfink0

Milner, 22, became Villa’s record signing because he felt Newcastle were trying to keep him on the cheap.

He insists he had no option but to hand in a transfer request after the club refused to renegotiate his £15,000-a-week deal.

That article say's he was only on £15,000-a-week i thought he was on at least double that.

I love Jeff Stelling. Only guy on Soccer Saturday I can think of that isn't a biased cock.

Guest hikickry

I love Jeff Stelling. Only guy on Soccer Saturday I can think of that isn't a biased cock.

yeh i know. It was him who also steered the conversation onto the more positive subject of Jonas, im sure the panel of 'experts' would have been happy to ramble on about the milner situation; best player gone, KK clueless, dickheads. Stelling can be a voice for us sometimes.