James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I was all for the sale at that price, but a small part of me is petrified that Villa will turn him into the next Ashley Young.

I don't think even MON can grant Milner a decent turn of pace (or the ability to cross into the box).

I was all for the sale at that price, but a small part of me is petrified that Villa will turn him into the next Ashley Young.

I don't think even MON can grant Milner a decent turn of pace (or the ability to cross into the box).

One of their coaches, John Robertson I think, is supposed to be excellent at coaching wingers and is partly responsible for Ashley Young's development as a player.

I reckon we had the chance of 3 points today with Milner playing today :(

I give your troll 2/10.

Low imagination, little humour, and about 12 hours too late with the timing.

One of their coaches, John Robertson I think, is supposed to be excellent at coaching wingers and is partly responsible for Ashley Young's development as a player.

This is very true, and Robertson himself was never a speed merchant but he became a crucial cog in Cloughie's Forest team that won the European Cup - do NOT underestimate what MON and Robertson could do to improve Milner's game - I would be willing to have a bet that he will be a full England player within 3 years..

I reckon we had the chance of 3 points today with Milner playing today :(

I give your troll 2/10.

Low imagination, little humour, and about 12 hours too late with the timing.

12 hours earlier would have been before the match though ;)

This is very true, and Robertson himself was never a speed merchant but he became a crucial cog in Cloughie's Forest team that won the European Cup - do NOT underestimate what MON and Robertson could do to improve Milner's game - I would be willing to have a bet that he will be a full England player within 3 years..

Fair point, but he would never of become that (if he is ever to) if he had stayed with us, so whatever happens doesn't matter now.

He hasn't suddenly become Ronaldo you know, amazing how people become much better players by not playing or being sold.

Nah, he's the same player, I just really expect him to score. Then the commentary team can say "And Newcastle could have used that yesterday!"

He hasn't suddenly become Ronaldo you know, amazing how people become much better players by not playing or being sold.

Nah, he's the same player, I just really expect him to score. Then the commentary team can say "And Newcastle could have used that yesterday!"

That bit could well happen.

Jamie Redknapp says- Great pace, dangerous delivery

unbelievable isnt it, he might aswell have said he's a 6,2 leggy blonde with a cracking pair of knockers, its just absolute rubbish, the fact that someone's paid 12 million for him doesnt make him better than he is

Jamie Redknapp lives in a parallel universe to the rest of the football world though.

Before the Chelsea game kicked off, he was talking from Villa Park and said "I played with Robbie Keane at Liverpool". Oh dear Jamie.