We have 2 days to Save our Season - The Real Panic Thread

Tsunami

Guest Gh0StFaC3

After staring at Tsunami's avatar for the past 20 minutes, I'm struggling come up with an opinion on anything other than fit asian birds with great tits right now!

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=6945;type=avatar

:kasper:

After staring at Tsunami's avatar for the past 20 minutes, I'm struggling come up with an opinion on anything other than fit asian birds with great tits right now!

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=6945;type=avatar

i know, i asked him ages ago who she was so i could start hunting her down (not literally ;)) on the internet but never found out

new thread?  "find this woman, somebody, pleeeeeeeeeeeease...!"

Guest pavement

i know, i asked him ages ago who she was so i could start hunting her down (not literally ;)) on the internet but never found out

Guest Gallowgate Mag

I've never wanted a weekend to pass more quickly.

this time last year?

the one before that?

I dunno, maybe the last two seasons have made the majority on here more jumpy.

I'll keep the faith until 11.59am on Monday morning, but the general feeling on here is doing my nut in!

We didn't announce they Beye and Faye deals till 00.15 last year on 1st Sept, so all is not lost come midnight if no one has signed ;)

These might sound daft, but I'm worried because:

• We needed lots of new players at the end of last season, then we let a lot go.
  • We don't seem to have the pulling power we once had, in fact we don't seem to have any pulling power.
  • People haven't received their season tickets yet, wtf?!
  • A loyal player like James Milner wants to leave the club because he doesn't feel his contract is fair. Now I know Milner isn't the most gifted player in the world, but he works hard, is never any trouble, gives everything for the club and most importantly plays almost every game without complaining about being tired or injured etc. If we can pay Duff 70k per week for doing... well... I don't know, surely we can offer someone like Milner a better contract.
  • The mackems seem to be signing people with ease, maybe they're not the best in the world, but they have definitely improved their squad. I still don't think they're signings are that great, but I know there's a feel good thing going on in Sunderland at the moment and they're feeling pretty confident about beating us, and I don't like that  ;D
  • Keegan doesn't even seem to know what's going on.
  • They say Ashley promised Keegan a wow signing and lot's of transfer money, which doesn't seem to have materialized

Bullet pointed for your pleasure

The only positives I can take out of this transfer window are we actually seem to be signing real improvements on what we already have, we don't appear to be needlessly wasting money and we have Kevin Keegan.

Season Saved.   :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Season Saved.   :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I feel abused now.

And how fitting that she's saying "Boro piss" repeatedly

And how fitting that she's saying "Boro piss" repeatedly

:lol:

These might sound daft, but I'm worried because:

• We needed lots of new players at the end of last season, then we let a lot go.
  • We don't seem to have the pulling power we once had, in fact we don't seem to have any pulling power.
  • A loyal player like James Milner wants to leave the club because he doesn't feel his contract is fair. Now I know Milner isn't the most gifted player in the world, but he works hard, is never any trouble, gives everything for the club and most importantly plays almost every game without complaining about being tired or injured etc. If we can pay Duff 70k per week for doing... well... I don't know, surely we can offer someone like Milner a better contract.
  • The mackems seem to be signing people with ease, maybe they're not the best in the world, but they have definitely improved their squad. I still don't think they're signings are that great, but I know there's a feel good thing going on in Sunderland at the moment and they're feeling pretty confident about beating us, and I don't like that  ;D
  • They say Ashley promised Keegan a wow signing and lot's of transfer money, which doesn't seem to have materialized

Bullet pointed for your pleasure

The only positives I can take out of this transfer window are we actually seem to be signing real improvements on what we already have, we don't appear to be needlessly wasting money and we have Kevin Keegan.

Sunderland are signing players at ease cos they are buying players people want rid of, there is not one player they have signed that the selling club wanted to keep even as a squad player, i can think of only a handfull of transfers like that where the player goes onto be a huge sucsess at there next club, the diffrence with us is we are trying to buy quality players that clubs dont want to sell.

As for giving Milner a pay rise just cos the likes of Duff and Smith are getting paid crazy amounts does not work for me either, Young players like Milner should be made to earn a big contracts not just expect it cos big name flops like Duff are getting one, and the sooner we get rid of these big earning failures the better.

in response to Lazy's post...

How can any transfer window ever be the same as the previous one? - rubbish thing to worry about

We don't have European football and we are not offering stupid wages at the moment.

Credit Crunch, most people are SKINT and football is always getting more expensive.  Many clubs have seen a dip in season ticket sales.

I'm sure if we could reduce Duff's contract based on how he has played, we'd do it.  Fact is that we have to honour the agreement we made with Duff a few years back.  I'm sure if a £12m bid came in for Duff we'd let him go faster than we let Milner.  Also, Milner asked to leave... we agreed as the fee that came in was great.

Sunderland have bought a number of players, totally agree that they have had a busy transfer window.  However if you look at the players they have bought its ones that were in teams fighting for relegation (Bolton) or from one that shipped a lot of goals (Spurs) etc... Keegan said himself yesterday, we could go out there and bring players in with ease... its about bringing the ones in that can improve your squad and who WANT to play for the shirt.  I'm sure Chimbonda really wants to kiss the Sunderland badge with every match! - oh wait he was axed from one of his first games because he turned up late for Roy Keane.  Signing players of the quality that can barely rival the likes of Chopra is not the quality we want at SJP.  We need much much more!

Fuck off! - Where do you get this from? see the video below.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7578328.stm

WAIT FOR THE WINDOW TO CLOSE BEFORE CLAIMING WE HAVE FAILED TO SIGN A PARTICULAR PLAYER!

The side & bench KK had to put out last night was embarrassing. How the fuck did we get in a position where we had to start with a half fit Ameobi is simply beyond me. He isn't even supposed to be still with us. In some ways it doesn't matter who we do or do not sign by Monday night; having to send out Ameobi away to Arsenal is a sign of incompetence by all concerned.

The side & bench KK had to put out last night was embarrassing. How the fuck did we get in a position where we had to start with a half fit Ameobi is simply beyond me. He isn't even supposed to be still with us. In some ways it doesn't matter who we do or do not sign by Monday night; having to send out Ameobi away to Arsenal is a sign of incompetence by all concerned.

Martins, Viduka, Duff all injured.

Look at ManU first weekend with Ronaldo, Tevez and Nani unavailable. a 17 year old played up front.

Take Drogba, Anelka and Cole out of Chleseas team

Van Persie, Adebayore and Nasri out of Arsenal

Torres, Keane and Babbel out of Liverpool

All better squads than ours, and proably better quality reserves to come in. But losing 3 key front men (and KK sees Duff as that) from any team would leave them toothless

The side & bench KK had to put out last night was embarrassing. How the f*** did we get in a position where we had to start with a half fit Ameobi is simply beyond me. He isn't even supposed to be still with us. In some ways it doesn't matter who we do or do not sign by Monday night; having to send out Ameobi away to Arsenal is a sign of incompetence by all concerned.

Having fans like you doesn't really help either.

I'm sure the club didn't go an injury its players to enhance his chances of being started.  It's called bad luck...