We have 2 days to Save our Season - The Real Panic Thread

Tsunami

I am certain Friday will see us complete our WOW :kasper: signing.

Get your jaws all suppled up and ready to hit the floor.

The WOW signing is going to be on Monday at 23:58 with everyone on her saying 'WOW we actually signed someone that Willie Mackaye has pushed on us' - we've been take for another ride for our cash and this year is another write off.

3 games in a point againt the champions away, 3 points against a difficult side at home and progress in the carling cup. The season is already another write off though :lol:

I fear a scrappy 1-0 defeat at the Emirates will finish some of our members off. :(

I'm happy with the start to the season. We look confident and we're playing some nice football.

Still a lot of work to be done and hopefully a couple of new players will add to what is already there, but in terms of what is actually happening on the pitch thus far we could be doing a lot worse.

3 games in a point againt the champions away, 3 points against a difficult side at home and progress in the carling cup. The season is already another write off though :lol:

I fear a scrappy 1-0 defeat at the Emirates will finish some of our members off. :(

Could be a blessing in disguise then. ;)

I have no doubt this window is going to end with a bang.

Remember when West Ham landed Tevez and Mascherano on the last day? Well its our turn for something similar.

Mike Ashley and his boys are just too good. These guys are on the ball I tell you.

Landed Jonas for what? £2 million. Landed Coloccini for what looks like a very reasonable £9 million and didn't flinch when that stupid Depor chairman started acting the fool, and about to sell Milner for £10 million +?!

I cannot stop giggling right now  :lol:

We had a better start last year, with a first win away against the difficult side in years and had a 'great season'.  Reading started with a point against Manure last year and it did them well.  Can't remember off the top of me head how we did in the League Cup  second round last year but seem to recall getting anally raped by The Arse Reserves in the next round.

Although it's only been a couple of games, Shay Given looks like he is back to saving our bacon again and that may even get us more points (At Old Trafford he got us two!).

With some better players in, Shay Given back to his best and Keegan style football I believe we can have a good season, as long as injuries stay low.

tbf, i still havent heard of a football game where a keeper gives you two points in a draw, however thats fantastic like!!!  ;D

Not only the result but we looked more comfortable against Coventry than I remember for ages.

And that ended in a creditable

2-2 draw.

Would you say we looked comfortable for the majority of the game? More comfortable than we have for a long time?

Not only the result but we looked more comfortable against Coventry than I remember for ages.

And that ended in a creditable

2-2 draw.

Would you say we looked comfortable for the majority of the game? More comfortable than we have for a long time?

Looked more comfortable against Reading and the Mackems in a Derby last season to be fair - didn't look like conceding in either match but looked decidedly dodgy in places on Tuesday night.

Guest optimistic nit

Fairly fucking obvious we need players in certain areas tbh.

we do, but we're good enough to finish top 10 as it stands. 3 more additions (1 defender, left, centre or right) 1 creative mid and 1 striker of the same quality as jonas and colo (if they keep their performance up) and our team will be as strong as any outside the top 4.

look where we finished last season, the teams that finished above us last season have all gotten worse, bar spurs and villa, and they both have their issues.

now there is no team outside the top 4 imo that doesn't have a few issues in their squad, every team we're competing against needs players for some positions just as much as we need a cm, striker and defender, if not more.

Guest microbar

why in God's name did Ashley buy Newcastle if he knew he would be tight fisted? i hate to admit it but i miss Freddy Shepherd!

We have 3 strikers and 2 of those are injury prone.

We can't rely on Butt for an entire season. Geremi expected to play every game would be a disaster.

Coloccini getting an injury and we are looking half as good at the back. Enrique injured/out of form and we are playing people out of position same with Beye.

We definitelty need 2-3 signings imo.

Great post - sums it all up ; if we go into the season as we are(less Milner)we will be in dire straits if we get 2 injuries in crucial positions - could end up among bottom 6.

Considering we needed a centre back BEFORE selling Faye, i will be livid if this window closes and he hasnt being replaced. Just crazy selling him without replacing, of course he may have wanted to go but he was under contract and could have been told to stay until he is replaced. As someone already said, we are up shit creek if Colo gets injured.

It really depends what you expect from this season.  Free from relegation is not a problem, but if you are expecting a chance to challenge the UEFA spot, we definitely need at least 3 more players.