Ignacio María González signed from Valencia on year-long loan deal

Guest sicko2ndbest

not saying i believe it but just reporting for what it said

Anyone can edit it mate. There's no point reporting what it says because it's invariably a load of bollocks. Someone's already edited it since you posted.

Rossi was dreadful for us, shockingly bad. doesn't matter if he's gone on to do well in another league as at that time for us he should've been nowhere near the first team. It's actually the perfect example of why we shouldn't be taking raw players on loan from bigger sides, they're sending them out for experience cos they're probably not ready yet, short-term they'll be smoothing out the rough edges, gaining a bit of nous, and making lots of mistakes to get them out of their system and learning from them. the only real benefit comes in the long-term, but, of course, since we've only had them on loan, that doesn't benefit us one bit, all the tough adjustement at our expense is for the benefit of others.

if a young player is coming on loan with a view to buy permanently, like bentley or larsson leaving arsenal, it is a different matter, as the manager can make a good assessment of what he is working with and if it is worth persisting with them long-term.

back on topic - have no idea who this lad is, but he looks very, very slow on the youtube clips.

ok , some info I got from a Uruguayan footy forum about the fella. He`s an attacking midfielder/ playmaker  :frantic:

---------------

Nacho is a 10 and has grown a regular for the NT, despite Paco Casal as owner of his contract wasn't able to place him in Europe so far. Had many good years as playmaker with Danubio (kind of idol for the club) and should've reached beyond that level for a long time. At Monaco he definitely wasn't the coach's favourite, but IMO absolutely had the level for Ligue 1.

Nevertheless I am a bit doubtful about him playing in the Prem as usually the football of the Spanish Primera or Italy suits better for Uruguayans. So I would prefer a one-year loan from Valencia to another Spanish team, that worked out for Caceres too. And for the sake of the NT he'd better get a starter at his next club!

If we haven't got a price to buy him at the end of then it's a complete waste of time.

This.

What if the other option is to not bring in an attacking midfielder at all? Or spend money on someone not as good?

If we haven't got a price to buy him at the end of then it's a complete waste of time.

This.

What if the other option is to not bring in an attacking midfielder at all? Or spend money on someone not as good?

Judging by today's game, I absolutely wouldn't mind him coming and loan and fucking off a year later. (Assuming he's any good)

We need a better central midfielder SO badly.

Guest Matt10

Sunday Sun today says we've agreed to sign him on a one-year loan.

i get the impression from your posts you've read the sunday sun today?

;)

O0

Just pleased we might be on the verge of signing someone!

ok , some info I got from a Uruguayan footy forum about the fella. He`s an attacking midfielder/ playmaker  :frantic:

---------------

Nacho is a 10 and has grown a regular for the NT, despite Paco Casal as owner of his contract wasn't able to place him in Europe so far. Had many good years as playmaker with Danubio (kind of idol for the club) and should've reached beyond that level for a long time. At Monaco he definitely wasn't the coach's favourite, but IMO absolutely had the level for Ligue 1.

Nevertheless I am a bit doubtful about him playing in the Prem as usually the football of the Spanish Primera or Italy suits better for Uruguayans. So I would prefer a one-year loan from Valencia to another Spanish team, that worked out for Caceres too. And for the sake of the NT he'd better get a starter at his next club!

another reply i got on a Uruguayan footie forum

-------

"attacking midfielder,or left mid if needed.makes a lot of goals considering his position,but better use him,not like those of monaco and most of the italian teams that buy national team players to warm the benchs or loan them to foreign clubs"

He needs to sign for Valencia by tonight first!

Where are you getting all this Valencia stuff from?

All the reports are saying Valencia will sign him and then send him on loan to us for a year.

He needs to sign for Valencia by tonight first!

Where are you getting all this Valencia stuff from?

The original news story. He is signing for Valencia, where he has already had a medical, and they are loaning him to us.

Guest Guinness

I don't like the idea of this deal, we've had a lack of creativity in midfield for years and should be looking to plug the gap permanently.