back barton

lovejoy

I liked the nikes he wore before. The total 90s I think they were called. Probably preference, they're pretty bland looking imo.

Also off topic but I bought the nike Legends because Milner wore them. Colo wears them too.

Would get those classic black Umbros that Shearer wore if they weren't so expensive.

I love him because everyone hates him and he is a cunt.

This is close to how I feel. I don't love him as his performances haven't been that good (counting a lot of the last season and his suspension), but he has played well recently and I like the fact that everyone else, apart from we, hate him. We need cunts in the team. He gives us some spine, some fight and he's got quality on the ball as well.

Guest Heneage

You know what a few times tonight I think he was harshly judged because of who he is.

Abonlahor trying to rip his arm off and still winning a freekick is a prime example.

Hes all pace that lad.

I love him because everyone hates him and he is a cunt.

This is close to how I feel. I don't love him as his performances haven't been that good (counting a lot of the last season and his suspension), but he has played well recently and I like the fact that everyone else, apart from us, hates him. We need cunts in the team. He gives us some spine, some fight and he's got quality on the ball as well.

Similar to Craig Bellamy, was lovely to have that nasty little bastard on your side.

I love him because everyone hates him and he is a c***.

:lol: my feelings exactly.

I'm glad he hasn't lost any aggression on the pitch. I was worried he might have become more cautious after being locked up, but he's still got balls. I like balls.

Guest Howaythetoon

A few times he literally pushed his own-team mate off the ball or away from the ball to get on it. I love seeing that personally. He took the game by the scruff of the neck at several points in the game and was a big factor behind our win. Looked a decent player tonight. I'd like to see him at full fitness, in really good form and with a string of games behind him which we've never seen yet.

A few times he literally pushed his own-team mate off the ball or away from the ball to get on it. I love seeing that personally. He took the game by the scruff of the neck at several points in the game and was a big factor behind our win. Looked a decent player tonight. I'd like to see him at full fitness, in really good form and with a string of games behind him which we've never seen yet.

in the second half he took control. semed to be first to everything in the middle. loads of little prompting touches that we've missed since rob lee/gary speed.

however i still wish he'd be a bit more expansive and try and join the forwards now and again. in the first half nicky butt was left trying to get forward as barton sat too far back, even taylor at one point had to get in front of them as neither took the chance.

Captain.

Barton did tonight what Gerrard does for Liverpool. He's nowhere near as good as Gerrard but was impressed that he was in the thick of it and driving us on in that second half. That's captain material imo. :nods:

The media, and Graham Poll can fuck off about this one, he hardly touched the lad, and if thats a red card, then poll should be getting a death penalty for most of his decisions during his reffing career.

Captain.

Barton did tonight what Gerrard does for Liverpool. He's nowhere near as good as Gerrard but was impressed that he was in the thick of it and driving us on in that second half. That's captain material imo. :nods:

did he captain man city before the whole Dabo incidents?

Captain.

did he captain man city before the whole Dabo incidents?

I think he was vice captain to Richard Dunne. That might explain why he once bit Dunne's hand.

in the second half he took control. semed to be first to everything in the middle. loads of little prompting touches that we've missed since rob lee/gary speed.

however i still wish he'd be a bit more expansive and try and join the forwards now and again. in the first half nicky butt was left trying to get forward as barton sat too far back, even taylor at one point had to get in front of them as neither took the chance.

Part of the reason why we can't contemplate a side without Martins at the moment. With no central midfielders breaking into the box we need forwards who can fashion their own chances. While Barton shows signs he can orchestrate the midfield I would love to see him getting forward more.

From the Chron Live:

NEWCASTLE United midfielder Joey Barton will not face any action for flicking out a hand at Gabriel Agbonlahor, it has been announced.

The Football Association have confirmed that referee Steve Bennett did not see the incident, in which the 26-year-old caught the Villa man in the face after conceding a disputed free-kick.

However, having been asked to look again at Barton’s actions, Bennett decided that the incident would not have resulted in a red card and therefore there were no grounds for him to be charged.