La Liga 2008/09

Mr. Snrub

Nice one terry, to think he was shit last season as well.

He wasn't shit like.

Howay man Tooj, players aren't allowed to have a season slightly below their own previously prolific standards - even when they move to a different country and into a different team to play their football!

Thought you would know this by now, you've been on here long enough :aww:

I was quite impressed with Adam^'s post there tbh, it was the first time I've ever seen him post without mentioning Ranger.

Have to admit Henry looked finished to me when we went to the Camp Nou last season.

I can understand that because at times he did look a shadow of his former self.

But he was half-fit for a lot of it, if my memory isn't failing me, and openly admitted that he was missing England. Playing in a completely new country, team, system, position, etc.

This is why I get so fucked with idiots calling people "shit" or "fantastic" and having no in-between. No consideration is taken for fitness or anything else a lot of the time.

Having a quick read-up now and he was STILL Barca's top scorer and second-highest assister last season, despite all of that.

Nice one terry, to think he was shit last season as well.

He wasn't shit like.

Howay man Tooj, players aren't allowed to have a season slightly below their own previously prolific standards - even when they move to a different country and into a different team to play their football!

Thought you would know this by now, you've been on here long enough :aww:

I was quite impressed with Adam^'s post there tbh, it was the first time I've ever seen him post without mentioning Ranger.

Rangers nickname is terry :nile:

I think barca may be good enough for ranger if they play like this.

I can understand that because at times he did look a shadow of his former self.

But he was half-fit for a lot of it, if my memory isn't failing me, and openly admitted that he was missing England. Playing in a completely new country, team, system, position, etc.

He also got divorced during that time too. With his daughter staying in England or something like that.

I must admit I love seeing this happen to Real Madrid. Especially when it's El Classico as for me you'd struggle to find a more despicable club in my eyes. And the fact I've always held a soft spot for Barcelona does help too.

It still makes me laugh as well how underrated Iniesta is by those over here who don't actually watch any foreign football. And how it's sheer profanation to dare suggest any Spanish player is better than 'Cesc.'

I must admit I love seeing this happen to Real Madrid. Especially when it's El Classico as for me you'd struggle to find a more despicable club in my eyes. And the fact I've always held a soft spot for Barcelona does help too.

I'm not fussed either way, as for some reason I like Valencia in Spain. When you see a team play like this, though, it definitely softens your stance towards them. It's all the card-waving, diving about and play-acting that switches me off to the likes of Barcelona though, thankfully there's been little need for them to go down that route tonight.

I hope they absolutely fuck Chelsea in the arse next week. Sick of hearing how it was 'job done', 'one foot in the final' and all that shit after implementing an outrageously negative gameplan in the first leg. Good luck keeping this lot out twice.

6-2 btw.

As for Iniesta, was going to make a similar post myself earlier but then thought "surely people realise how good he is now?"

Unbelievable footballer, second only to Messi in terms of watchability in that team.

6-2! Christ almighty! Pique!

Cannavaro is f***ing s**** like.

Heinze has had a shocker too.

That's how they play every week.

It baffles me how some of the biggest clubs in the world continually make do with past-it or downright shit defenders.

Guest firetotheworks

Christ, utter piss take. I love this team. Best footballing side Ive seen in my life. By quite some distance too.

I'm not fussed either way, as for some reason I like Valencia in Spain. When you see a team play like this, though, it definitely softens your stance towards them. It's all the card-waving, diving about and play-acting that switches me off to the likes of Barcelona though, thankfully there's been little need for them to go down that route tonight.

I grew up on Cruijff's dream team so I'm a bit of a glory hunter tbh. But then I've also read a lot into the history of the club and I do respect everything the club stands for.

It still makes me laugh as well how underrated Iniesta is by those over here who don't actually watch any foreign football. And how it's sheer profanation to dare suggest any Spanish player is better than 'Cesc.'

Best player on the park by an absolute mile when we went. :nods:

As for Iniesta, was going to make a similar post myself earlier but then thought "surely people realise how good he is now?"

Unbelievable footballer, second only to Messi in terms of watchability in that team.

6-2! Christ almighty! Pique!

Iniesta is lush to watch like. Never seems to lose the ball.

I grew up on Cruijff's dream team so I'm a bit of a glory hunter tbh. But then I've also read a lot into the history of the club and I do respect everything the club stands for.

Hard not to admire Barca like.