Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment buy Citeh

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I'd rather we did things properly. I despise the Chelsea way, which City look to be trying to emulate.

Thank god we didnt get Woodgate,Modric or even put a bid in for Nasri, it would of been cRaZy. Still the player Valencia cant be arsed to keep as a squad player (If he plays well we still lose him :dave:) & x-Liverpool squad player Danny Guthrie are tidy deals. At least Jonas & Colo are really positive signings & probably save this window as being a poor one.

What would signing Modric, Woodgate or Nasri have to do with it you spanner? :lol:  Dave isn't saying we shouldn't spend money, just that he doesn't want some investment group or bored playboy coming in and throwing unlimited money around..

saw an interview yesterday with the head of the ADU group (the guy in the picture), he basically said that he'll provide whatever funds needed to put City on top of the table (which is pretty much unlimited funds), said he expects them in the Champs league and challenging for the title within 2-3 years, also said they'll make alot of big names signing in the january transfer window to try and bulid a winning team, he went "ehh?" when they asked him if he knew the words to Blue Moon :D

The current top 4 will be shitting themselves. I can see Liverpool or Arsenal getting pushed out the top 4 in a season or two. It will be interesting to see how they cope with that. Only Chelsea will be able to pay close to what Man City can now. Man City are pretty much owned by the country of Abu Dhabi.

Anyone else have the impression it wasn't Mark Hughes who went for Robinho ?

That the arabs took over and by-passed him completely ?

Guest diddimz

Anyone else have the impression it wasn't Mark Hughes who went for Robinho ?

That the arabs took over and by-passed him completely ?

can see him walking out on them for it

subject to due diligence

If Mike Ashley thought Freddy had some skeletons in the closet I can't imagine what Thaskin left for Abu Dubai United-Citeh! Of course, they'll just write a cheque, but it would be fascinating to see the books...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/c/1065057_blues_eye_stunning_ronaldo_bid

Blues eye stunning Ronaldo bid

2/ 9/2008

PROSPECTIVE Manchester City owner Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim has said he is prepared to bid a staggering £134million for United star Cristiano Ronaldo in the January transfer window, according to a report.

Al Fahim, who is on the verge of taking over the Blues through his United Group for Development and Investment, is determined to make City the biggest club on the planet.

Get to fuck man :lol:

wasnt ronaldo going on about it wasnt about the money or being at the best club he just wanted to live in spain andplay for his dream club? anyways its guna be crazy in january what ever happens and i know it seems a little jelous because its not us but this really is going to ruin football even more so than chelsea possibly

Just released a statement on Sky saying he plans on bidding £135 million for Ronaldo in January. :kasper:

"Chief executive of Hydra Properties, Al-Fahim is reportedly 10 times richer than his counterpart at Chelsea, Roman Abramovich, and he has revealed there are plans to bring in a 'minimum 18' players to the club."  :kasper:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4086955,00.html

I'd rather we did things properly. I despise the Chelsea way, which City look to be trying to emulate.

Thank god we didnt get Woodgate,Modric or even put a bid in for Nasri, it would of been cRaZy. Still the player Valencia cant be arsed to keep as a squad player (If he plays well we still lose him :dave:) & x-Liverpool squad player Danny Guthrie are tidy deals. At least Jonas & Colo are really positive signings & probably save this window as being a poor one.

What would signing Modric, Woodgate or Nasri have to do with it you spanner? :lol:  Dave isn't saying we shouldn't spend money, just that he doesn't want some investment group or bored playboy coming in and throwing unlimited money around..

Would that not be throwing money around? KK has always been well backed at Newcastle (part 1), Fulham & Man City. I am sure Kevin would like the sort of backing Hughes has got compared to what he has had this summer? Or do you not agree?

Just released a statement on Sky saying he plans on bidding £135 million for Ronaldo in January. :kasper:

"Chief executive of Hydra Properties, Al-Fahim is reportedly 10 times richer than his counterpart at Chelsea, Roman Abramovich, and he has revealed there are plans to bring in a 'minimum 18' players to the club."  :kasper:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4086955,00.html

I wish we'd held on to Milner till January.

Would that not be throwing money around? KK has always been well backed at Newcastle (part 1), Fulham & Man City. I am sure Kevin would like the sort of backing Hughes has got compared to what he has had this summer? Or do you not agree?

I agree completely. The teams winning things are the teams spending money.

If you don't like it, support a lower league club.

theres also a lot of teams spending money and not winning things.

theres also a lot of teams spending money and not winning things.

The point is we're attempting to do things following the Arsenal model. 4 or 5 years ago they were the best team in the country. Ever since Man United and Chelsea have cottoned onto that fact and out-bought them, they're now 3rd or 4th best.

We're following the wrong model if we want to be successful. I 100% understand the need to do things slowly (unlike Spurs) but this board has now had three transfer windows and spent next to nothing.

As Tottenham found out at the start of this season its not all about buying players, you can only be so good, clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona have  been filling their teams with world class players for years now yet their just as good as other teams such as Liverpool and Arsenal.

Football isn't just about buying players and playing them, thats FM, there's alot more in it, thats why teams like Man Utd, Arsenal hardley need to sign any player in a season yet their by far superior to others.

In the end no matter who've you got on the pitch its still 11 vs 11.