KK: "Judge me at midnight"

Decky

No replacement for Milner, where has the £12m gone?! Ashley and Keegan are a joke.

What has Ashley got to do with it?

Do you think he's gone and spent that £12m on more pints and pies?

oh dear,

Blind to the end

Keegan just believed the s**** he was told by the board, now he will do his best to make us seem like a together club, feel so sorry for the man.

Keegan had the chance to get Modric and/or Aimar, but for whatever reason he couldn't wrap up the deal. That's not the board's fault, and it's also not the board's fault that Keegan hasn't been able to sign someone of similar standard.

People on here make me laugh, yesterday we were probably signing nobody, but people would be happy if we got a attacking midfielder and striker in.  We get an attacking midfielder and striker in and its the end of the fucking world, you're all fucking knob heads :lol: (appart from the few with some sense like Yorkie).

Also what did Keegan say last week.. think back.  He said we had two deals he was confident about and a few maybe's.  We've gotten the two in and may get another from the maybe's announced tomorrow, so how exactly has he lied or been lied too?  Please stop acting like frustrated children, get some sleep and come back when you can think straight, because all the knee jerking going on here is quite frankly pathetic.

Let me get this straight, all of the signings we have made I am happy with, Colo and Jonas are fantastic.

My issue is that if you want to progress these days sadly you HAVE to spend big if you dont you will stay where you are and this is exactly what has happened to us.

What has made this even worse is that we have a Billionaire owner who wont spend a dime.

It is sickening tbh and surely Keegan will walk before January.

Guest optimistic nit

i still think we've done a lot better than blackburn and everton and improved more than pompey and villa. whether we are better than them i dont know.

i still think we'll finish between 5th and 12th.

Relatively pleased. We've got a net spend of roughly £1m maybe? And improved the first team significantly. Squad looks a bit bare admittedly, and disappointed we haven't signed one wing-back and our wings lack strength in depth. But we're well stocked in the centre of midfield now and have the option to go 4-3-3 if we're desperate with injuries to key wingers.

Very happy we've managed to get a centre-mid and a striker in today.

Those disappointed because we haven't gone and signed Robinho need to have a look at themselves tbh. Aye, you don't have to be top four to buy world class players, but you have to have a shit load of money that you're willing to piss away. Our wages are high enough as it is.

this

Goalkeepers - Exactly the same, but no change was needed.

Defenders - Two less senior players, but the two that have come in look to be better than all that went out.

Midfielders - Two out, three in, and we know that two in are better than what went out.

Strikers - One additional player who we don't really know about, but his background and basic attributes match what I was looking for.

Total lack of ambition to be honest. Look at City it proves you don't have to be a top 4 team to sign top players.

Helps if you have Arab owners who have a Zillion pounds worth of spare cash that they dont mind just throwing willy nilly at a player from Real Madrid who publicly stated his desire to go to another Premiership club.

The signing of Robinho just seems to have so many things wrong with it. He just wants out of Madrid. They agree to sell to Man City just to piss Chelsea off. Impression I get is that Robinho had no choice but to go... trouble ahead at Man City.

Guest microbar

No replacement for Milner, where has the £12m gone?! Ashley and Keegan are a joke.

He is the man that holds the purse strings that promised us a wow sigining,

that brought wise in to scout the world, for what absolutely nothing,

He then asks kk to get us into the top four for christ sake.

Ashley is a f***ing joke man

and will be the end of us

f*** sake how can you trust a man that cant tell non alcholic beer from the real stuff

f*** off ashley you piece of scum

you must all go round wearing blinkers if you think we have had a good transfer window. :rant:

Having said that, i'm far from impressed with our dealings.

:lol: Virtually nothing spent and the first team is twice as good as it was last season.

Fuck off man, honestly.

Aye, we haven't signed Robinho. Fucking hell, what a disaster.

This transfer window and this season is a time of stability. The finances were crippling. We've worked very shrewdly in the market, improved the first team without spending anything (the squad is a bit depleted but we have options to change things around so we'll get by), we've got some high earners off the books, and we look in decent shape imo.

i still think we've done a lot better than blackburn and everton and improved more than pompey and villa. whether we are better than them i dont know.

i still think we'll finish between 5th and 12th.

That's quite a range.

Guest KeithKettleborough

Agreed.

Typical of the past 50 years or so of what has been failure generally. It could only happen to the Toon................ We are owned by a billionaire but are paupers compared to the "top teams".

Disappointed and slightly angry.

Where are the 'keep the faith, patience' crowd now?   FFS.  This squad is ridiculously small.

Well I kept faith in the comments Keegan made about "4 or 5 signings" and I'm just as upset that we didn't get them as anyone else.  I expected better than this... we should have pumped the £12m from Milner sale straight in to helping the purchase of another defender, centre midfielder and right winger.  I'm just praying that Xisco and Gonzalez are damn good because if they are not, then the window has been a failure given our squad size.

I'm still pleased with the 4 we bought before today and believe they will improve our squad and results, but I'm praying that we are blessed with not so many injuries this season.  Still think we can finish in top half of the table and maybe even a Uefa spot, but it will be very tough now.  I hope one of your youth players breaks in to the team and turns out to be a gem, we fucking need it to happen.

that brought wise in to scout the world, for what absoluteoly nothing,

He then asks keggan to get us into the top four for christ sake.

f*** sake how can you trust a man that cant tell no alcholic beer from the real stuff

you must all go round waering blinkers if you think we have had a good transfer season. :rant:

hehe.

f*** sake how can you trust a man that cant tell no alcholic beer from the real stuff

you must all go round waering blinkers if you think we have had a good transfer season. :rant:

hehe.

Ashley is a fucking joke man

fuck sake how can you trust a man that cant tell no alcholic beer from the real stuff

fuck off ashley you piece of scum

He didn't promise a 'wow' signing at all, you halfwit.

Bit disappointed that we haven't got a left back or a replacement for Milner tbh but certainly pleased by the calibur of player we've brought in this summer. Coloccini, Guthrie and Jonas all look excellent and Xisco sounds like a quality signing with a fair future ahead of him. We could be alot worse off and hey, maybe the Xisco and Gonzalez deals are being announced as a taster for a big signing later on...

Let me get this straight, all of the signings we have made I am happy with, Colo and Jonas are fantastic.

My issue is that if you want to progress these days sadly you HAVE to spend big if you dont you will stay where you are and this is exactly what has happened to us.

What has made this even worse is that we have a Billionaire owner who wont spend a dime.

It is sickening tbh and surely Keegan will walk before January.

How many times will this horse shit be posted on this forum?  Its as if some people can't think straight or something, all logic just goes out of the window.

Did Ashley ask Milner to hand in a transfer request?  Did he ask Modric to go to the Spuds, or Woodgate, or any of the other players we made bids for but didn't sign?  He's made the fucking money available to bid for players.  This idea that if we don't spend X amount of money then X amount wasn't available to spend is so fucking idiotic it makes me want to throw something.

Nah I think I'm too tired myself to read shit like this so I think I better go to bed :)

Guest toonlass

Kinda feel weird

Guthrie - probably as good as milner.

Jonas - Immense, he is going to be a legend

Colocinni - Good defender, just what we needed

Xisco - Meh, I dunno, haven't heard of him before today

Gonzales - See Xisco

I hope and pray that Keegan has it right, but seeing Man Shity get Robinho has made me jealous. Why did we not go for Corluka or Cuella or Larrson or Bentley or friggin Robinho. Billionaire my arse. I hope the lads we brought in prove me wrong, but not holding my breath.

Couldn't give a fuck about Robinho, and couldn't give a fuck about net spend, but the fact is that between them they've not done what the fans were constantly told was going to happen. The defender hasn't turned up, Milner has not been replaced, and the midfielder looks like a massive gamble (on quality, obviously not price).