KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So Ashley refused to sell when this Abu Dhabi group were interested but now is willing to sell any of our players and sack Keegan... Something really doesn't add up here

we dont know there was ever a offer and ever if there was it may have not been a good one.

Guy who broke the story said 3 clubs were under consideration - Arsenal, Man City and Newcastle. Ashley wouldn't sell/overpriced the club so Abu Dhabi went for City instead.

Well done Ashley. You c*nt

classy

I don't feel particularly classy at this moment in time.

That could have been us signing Robinho yesterday.

Ashley is taking us nowhere fast.

I wonder why most of the rumour-mongering about us has come out since Mort left?

Thats what happens when you get rid of a dignified lawyer and replace him with someone that looks like Danny Baker's ugly older Sister.

So Ashley refused to sell when this Abu Dhabi group were interested but now is willing to sell any of our players and sack Keegan... Something really doesn't add up here

we dont know there was ever a offer and ever if there was it may have not been a good one.

Guy who broke the story said 3 clubs were under consideration - Arsenal, Man City and Newcastle. Ashley wouldn't sell/overpriced the club so Abu Dhabi went for City instead.

Have the Adu Dhabi lot done anything yet to make you think you'd rather have them than Ashley in charge? They've only been at Man City about 18 hours for fuck's sake.

They bought Robinho.

Have the Adu Dhabi lot done anything yet to make you think you'd rather have them than Ashley in charge? They've only been at Man City about 18 hours for fuck's sake.

Jesus !!!!

If he goes Ashley's position will become untenable.

Do you think? I'm not sure it'll be untenable.

In fact, I don't think it changes his position at all. Granted, he'll be Mr Unpopular and he'll take plenty of stick but if he replaces KK with someone of an appropriate stature (big if, obviously) people would quickly learn to live with the decision.

Fickle game.

I think, more fundamentally, the inability of the club invest in proven quality or sign enough players to make our squad strong enough to field a very very good eleven throughout the season is as much of a concern.

If this is all down to Barton how tragic would that be?

TBH if the rumours are true then Keegan should have just allowed the sale. I hope things work out for him, but Barton has been a pain in the arse not really worth sticking with.

classy

I don't feel particularly classy at this moment in time.

That could have been us signing Robinho yesterday.

Ashley is taking us nowhere fast.

You think what happened at Citeh yesterday was classy?

Exciting for the fans yes, but classy?

In fact, I don't think it changes his position at all. Granted, he'll be Mr Unpopular and he'll take plenty of stick but if he replaces KK with someone of an appropriate stature (big if, obviously) people would quickly learn to live with the decision.

Fickle game.

I think, more fundamentally, the inability of the club invest in proven quality or sign enough players to make our squad strong enough to field a very very good eleven throughout the season is as much of a concern.

Keegan means more to the fans than that. Much more.

Fickle game.

Keegan means more to the fans than that. Much more.

agreed.

All ifs and buts, but if Keegan had agreed to sell Barton, I wonder if they had a replacement lined up for him? No way we could afford to lose any of the current squad without new faces, but the irony is, the FA could be about to take him out the squad for a few months anyway.

If keegan was to go, id really lose belief in this board, especially MA

i was underwhelmed by the transfer activity, but thought we did some decent business without spending much, but we really needed a couple more top quality players

we could of done with a higher profile player to get people excited at the club, and create an air of optimism, im not talking the level of robinho or berbatov, but simply a higher profile than guithre

i do not understand how they expect to create a top 8 club, or even top 6 further down the line, with the policy they are currently keeping to,

Guest johnson293

I wonder why most of the rumour-mongering about us has come out since Mort left?

In fairness the rumour-mongering was happening while Mort was chairman, some of which he responded to.

But he at least showed his face more than this Derek Llambias bloke has since taking over.