KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How the hell could they sack Keegan?!

Because despite what people with their heads in the sand may think, going by bids we've made and players who've turned us down, we had the money available, and he didn't attract anyone of note with it.

What are you on about you fuckwit!? Keegan hasn't had any involvement with transfers. That's one of the major problems with this setup.

I know emotions are running wild this morning, but can we all still keep the insults at bay please? Ta.

some of the mods would do well to heed your advice

Does anyone know where Keegan is now?  If he was sacked during a meeting at the ground, surely he would have left the ground by now.

My point is, if he is still at the ground some-time after the alleged meeting, this would support him staying on, or not yet being sacked.  If he'd been sacked he would have left the ground almost immediately.

have to say this, have to:

the people who are saying "wait until it's confirmed, we don't know anything yet"

sound just like those who said:

"wait until the window is closed, you don't know what the club are doing in the background"

priceless :lol:

absolutely agree!

Guest LucaAltieri

Sacking Keegan is the single most stupid thing Ashley could do at this point.  For what reason would he do that.  I thought he was enjoying his football.  Keegan himself said that they would try to get a few players in and if not they would just have to soldier on.  This doesn't make any sense.

I agree, there's no way he will be sacked.

He might walk I suppose, but even then Ashley will surely do anything he can to keep him on. He didn't become a successful businessman by making precisely the wrong decision at exactly the worst time.

Until we get confirmation I'm not believing any of it.

:thup:

What are Setanta saying?

Very little other than 'rumours' and a few people have apparently been chanting Ashley Out! Looks just like a few bored people having a rubberneck during their lunchtime to me. I dare say that'll change when the schools kick out. They're back aren't they.

Does anyone know where Keegan is now?  If he was sacked during a meeting at the ground, surely he would have left the ground by now.

My point is, if he is still at the ground some-time after the alleged meeting, this would support him staying on, or not yet being sacked.  If he'd been sacked he would have left the ground almost immediately.

Fully agree, if he was sacked there would be no chance of things changing, he would have left by now, more likely he wants to resign and they are trying to convince him to stay.

Guest BeatMakerz

My thoughts exactly  :thup:

Guest Brewcastle

Keegan about Ashley in interview on NUFC.co.uk August 29.

"We had a great meeting on Wednesday.... The owner is absolutely committed to the club......But Mike Ashley can only give us the finance, we have to get the right players in.... It's now a case of getting that quality in before Monday...."

-So then it's 1 of 2 options that caused the situation: MA haven't given the finance, or MA doesn't think they have brought in the right players. -MA have the last word anyway...

Keegan had a great meeting onWednesday. I wonder what he thinks of the meeting today? -Hopefully he will stay. Doesn't dare to think of any other result of it.

How the hell could they sack Keegan?!

Because despite what people with their heads in the sand may think, going by bids we've made and players who've turned us down, we had the money available, and he didn't attract anyone of note with it.

What are you on about you fuckwit!? Keegan hasn't had any involvement with transfers. That's one of the major problems with this setup.

And yet just on Friday Keegan was saying himself that it was he, not Wise who had the final say on transfers and Milner leaving...

A final say is one thing, but Keegan in a room convincing the player to come to Newcastle is another.

My thoughts exactly  :thup:

Exactly, if he'd have stormed out Sky would be all over it, there would be no way to cover that up.